• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered Trailler

VulcanRaven

Could you do the missions during different times of day in the original game? Is that the reason why it looks different? I don't rememeber how it was in the original.

Last edited:

scalman

someone put video of very bad quality , bad compression etc thats why those textures look so bad. and now everybody going mad about it ? thats not comparison.

VulcanRaven

Here are the gameplay improvements:
https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/...-in-assassins-creed-odyssey-march-2019-update

Technical Improvements

The remaster will include new enhancements that consist of higher-resolution textures, as well as support for 4K and HDR. Our vision was to take advantage of newer technology to bring this classic game up to match the quality of the current Assassin's Creed games.

With increased model improvements and physically based rendering (PBR), Assassin's Creed III Remastered displays more visually accurate images using real-world light and material properties that make the world feel more alive!

Gameplay Improvements

In addition to the technical upgrades, the remaster will also include new gameplay improvements, thanks to community feedback shared from the release of the original game.

The game UI (user interface) has undergone a big makeover to better align with today's standards (such as including color-blind settings to help spot enemies in the Mini Map) to deliver a more enjoyable player experience!

The in-game economy has been revamped to be easily visible and offer added benefits, such as additional weapons for crafting.

New stealth features are also included in the Remaster, as well as the ability to hide in bushes, call enemies over with a whistle, and perform double assassinations, creating a better balance between action and stealth.

And, of course, we can't forget the new Legacy Outfits that will pay homage to other notable Assassins, such as Alexios, Bayek and Aguilar!

Switch Release

Assassin's Creed III Remastered will also release on Nintendo Switch system!

This release will include improved ergonomics and gameplay mechanics, and will also make use of exclusive Nintendo Switch features, such as:
  • HD Rumble – provides an additional layer of feedback during gameplay
  • Touch screen interface – enhances accessibility for game menus
  • Motion Control – ensures an intuitive controlled feeling during distant weapon aiming
  • Specific UI design – provides HUD adaptation for different display modes (Docked or Handheld gameplay)
Assassin's Creed III Remastered will be available on PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and PC on March 29, 2019, and on Nintendo SwitchTM system on May 21, 2019.

Additionally, Assassin's Creed III Remastered is included in the Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass, and is available as a stand-alone game.

I won't be buying this on release but definitely later. I'm so happy that they are remastering this.

Last edited:
This was where I started losing complete interest in the series.
While I'm not going to judge the remaster completely based off a compressed video, I have to wonder why they've gone and made everything a shade of brown.

prag16

Banned
I missed this when the topic originally went up.

Cool; I had been considering a replay of this. It's secretly the best Assassin's Creed game (though I haven't played any of them beyond AC4) Instead, I'll wait until this goes on sale cheap and pick it up then.

Was hoping for a bigger upgrade though, watching that trailer. What's with the piss filter? Liberation's inclusion is cool too; never played that one.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I hope Liberation looks better. I tried playing the remastered version on Xbox 360 but it didn't look very good.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

The new models don't look very good. Remastered version is on the right:

The lighting looks much better in the original too. I'm not paying 40 euros if it looks like this. Remaster should look better.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

I do not have fond memories of this one. In fact, it's the one that put me off the series until recently.

I remember killing someone in a market. And then guards showed up, guards which I could kill with a single parry that would chain indefinitely. 10 minutes later you couldn't see the ground anymore because of all the red coat corpses. It was around then I realised there's no point to playing since you can just kill an army with parries that a 7 year old could perform.

M0G

Looking forward to this for the DLC I didn't buy first time around and hopefully Liberation being improved upon in some way. Not bad for a kinda freebie... I just feel sorry for console owners because this is a 100% mandatory Reshade job.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The new models don't look very good. Remastered version is on the right:

The lighting looks much better in the original too. I'm not paying 40 euros if it looks like this. Remaster should look better.

I will get to see for myself since I paid for the Odyssey season pass, but I am not going to pass judegment based on a screenshot.

Allandor

I hope Liberation looks better. I tried playing the remastered version on Xbox 360 but it didn't look very good.
Liberation just wasn't a good game. I really don't know why they remastered this.

AC3 well it was a great game with a story I really didn't like (to much boring american history … well at least I learned a few things ^^)

Now it is up to 4k so I see inconsistent 30fps incoming.
Would be funny if it doesn't reach 1080p on xbox one, just because the emulated game runs already good on the system (was it 720p in the xb360 original? I don't know).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
whoever remastered this has the googly eyes
Assassins-Creed-Unity-face-glitch-3.jpg

Stitch

Gold Member
Yeah but it also looks like faces have lost some details. Like a movie with too much digital noise reduction.

Kinda like this
zzt7uBU.jpg

There is some improvements for sure, but those improvements looks like post-processing. Def a remaster, not a remake.

And I think that's a shame. Because all the older AC games could use a lot of love with regards to visuals, combat, and so on.

Damn that intro music when you first see old Boston is so dope. I know this is probably the most hated Ass Creed but honestly the combat loop and counter animations were so satisfying, felt like a Last of the Mohicans simulator.

Top Bottom