• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 4 has retailer and platform exclusive DLC missions

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yay, publishers!

Amazon
Pre-order Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for Xbox360 or Playstation 3 and receive the Hidden Mystery Pack, which includes: the adventurous treasure-hunting mission: Mystery Island , Stede Bonnet's ship, and outfit.

Gamestop
Captain Morgan's favorite ship sank off the coast with a full load of legendary sailing equipment. Explore the Black Island and retrieve these items that the pirates have been desperately searching for. The Black Island Pack includes:

The dark and dangerous treasure-hunting quest: Black Island.
The deadly Black Ship.
Legendary silver flintlock pistols used by Captain Morgan.
Valuable multiplayer items including Captain Morgan's costume, picture, and title.

then PS3 has "60 minutes of additional gameplay"
81UuOso5YML._SL500_.jpg

Want the whole game?
0411_zgp0a.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PS3/4's "exclusive" content will presumably be included in the PC DDE, a la AssCreed 3 and the "exclusive" Benedict Arnold missions.

Edit: And the same should be true of at least GameStop's missions.

Is PC going to be intentionally delayed again I wonder hmm...

I'd say so:

There are a couple of quick shots of Edward running along rooftops in the rain. Do we know if the game has a dynamic weather system?

Also:

November 1st

Also coming to next-generation consoles and PC

I'd take to this to mean -- unsurprisingly, of course -- that the PC version will arrive later.

Meia

Well it's a good thing I stopped paying attention to the series after the grumbles I heard of both how much of a mess AC3 was in terms of bugs and story. :p

Dany

Banned
Thank God im not supporting this game anymore. This piecemeal distribution to retailers/platforms is bullshit

Sojgat

Just wait for the GOTY edition that will be released for cheap 6 months later with everything (including all DLC).

I get the platform exclusive DLC missions, but retailer exclusive DLC missions?

The fuck?

Platform exclusives are worse. At least the retailer dlc eventually ends up being sold on the download stores for everyone. Wii U / 360 players never got the bonus 60 minutes of junk from the ps3 exclusive thing for AC3.

Which was even worse considering in the King Washington dlc, conner goes crazy at some guy... for something that didn't happen in 2/3 of the console versions

Toa TAK

Banned
Fucking A, not again. As much as it pisses me off it still won't make me buy the PS3/4 version.

As for the exclusive retailer stuff, I do see them making it available sometime in the future, but if they don't, what else can I do besides going "oh well"?

Marcel

Assassin's Creed 3 killed any enthusiasm I had for the series. Good luck to anyone who still likes it but I'm done.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Every time this happens, us as consumers need to make a big fuss about it until they get the damn message. Also, vote with your wallet, don't buy this shit.

Deepo

Is the 60 minutes extra on PS3 because of the lower framerate?
Please don't kill me, I've played all the AC games on PS3

OT, this is, as always bullshit.

abundant

This is not the first time exclusive content has been specific to platform, and i highly doubt it will be the last.

It's been like that since 2 or Brotherhood. The same for retailer exclusive missions. It's not going to change, so people should just accept it or just move on and ignore the series.

Every time this happens, us as consumers need to make a big fuss about it until they get the damn message. Also, vote with your wallet, don't buy this shit.

It's too late. They've been doing this for awhile, yet the games still sell.

I might consider the GOTY version of this when its price drops and if these assholes learn how to add opacity settings to their shitty HUD.

ironcreed

Banned
I still have interest in the PS4 version, but I am so sick of seeing nonsense like this. Just give everyone the same content, for crying out loud.

Top Bottom