• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 4 has retailer and platform exclusive DLC missions

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
What's the point of these different versions. How much money do they get from Amazon/GameStop/Sony?

DesertFox

I don't understand the marketing strategy here. So, Ubisoft, to appease your fans of the franchise that only own a PS3, you're raising a giant F-YOU sign to the fans that only own an Xbox?

Why would you intentionally alienate your customers like that?

Dunan

I think on Day One I'll play Assassin's Creed
2, and enjoy Ezio's saga again rather than this money-grubbing garbage.

Kafel

Banned
60 minutes of additional gameplay*

*if you don't count Amazon, Gamestop, EB Games, Walmart, KFC missions

abundant

I don't understand the marketing strategy here. So, Ubisoft, to appease your fans of the franchise that only own a PS3, you're raising a giant F-YOU sign to the fans that only own an Xbox?

Why would you intentionally alienate your customers like that?

Sony funds the AC4 commercials, Ubisoft gives them exclusive content.

I already jumped ship from this series half-way through playing Revelations.

News like this just means I won't even entertain further installments.

And I used to fucking LOVE this series.

Eusis

PS4 has the extra 60 minute bullshit.

I long for the day gamers tire of this franchise.
If you're lucky rushing these games out yearly could do just that! Especially as there probably isn't the same social factor as with CoD.

UberTag

Part of me really wants Watch_Dogs to be terribly flawed in some fashion so I can justify adding Ubisoft to my third-party publisher boycott list.
(
Damn them for getting the publishing rights to The Stick of Truth.
)

Calvarok

Banned
The extra content is usually REEEEEEALLY small and unimportant. Plus it ALWAYS comes with the DLC (Unless it's platform exclusive)

Top Bottom