• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

Mifune

Mehmber
Well, since I can't justify buying another game right now, I'll just have to wait a few months until I can get this on Goozex.

To keep the sadness at bay, I picked up where I left off in the original AC. Yep, it's still fun.

-Winnie-

I'd just like to say, AC2 may well be one of my favourite games of all time. Uncharted 2 and MGS4 were great as a cinematic experiences, but there is just so much fun to be had in AC2. Absolutely loving this game. It's pretty much the perfect sequel.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Um, how in the holy fuck am I supposed to solve the first Glyph puzzle? The
Five of these Mythic Scenes share a Core Similarity. Pick them out and you'll begin to see.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
-Winnie- said:
I'd just like to say, AC2 may well be one of my favourite games of all time. Uncharted 2 and MGS4 were great as a cinematic experiences, but there is just so much fun to be had in AC2. Absolutely loving this game. It's pretty much the perfect sequel.

Agreed. The first was such a major piece of ass compared to this. Fucking hell, this game is epic.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Domino Theory said:
Five of these Mythic Scenes share a Core Similarity. Pick them out and you'll begin to see.

Hint:

look at the highlighted words

Just the answer:

pictures with apples in them

wowzors

Domino Theory said:

Got stuck on this for a couple of minutes then realized
Its the fruit in their hands.

Domino Theory said:

The 5 have a common element in them.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Domino Theory said:

What do the red words have in common with some of those images?

answer if you are too lazy:

apples

K.Sabot

I'm playing through this and I keep asking myself if AC1 looked better. The lighting just seemed much better and the facial rendering is definitely putting me off.

Also, of the 3 pieces of music in AC1, they've been more compelling then what I've heard so far of two. So don't diss the soundtrack. ;p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, I lost the first
sibling rivalry church race.
It keeps starting over with the dude having a head start. He keeps beating me in like 20 seconds. It's like an endless loop. I'm getting sick of it starting over and hearing the same voice dubs. I'm not good with the controls yet and I can't even practice them. Halp.

Edit: Ok, I beat it. My problem was I kept jumping and repelling backwards off the wall. Really lame. I figured out how to climb and that helped me. (I didn't play much of the first game so I forgot how). I was pissed when it told me how to climb after I finally won. :lol

Razorskin

----- ------
Help!
If you're in Venice then it's not a spoiler.
I'm stuck in the dream senquence with Altair, I stuck on the tower can't get on the lamp.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Razorskin said:
Help!
If you're in Venice then it's not a spoiler.
I'm stuck in the dream senquence with Altair, I stuck on the tower can't get on the lamp.

Be on the ledge in front of the pole and do RT + A towards it(or whatever that'd be on PS3)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Razorskin said:
I've been trying that for the last 10 minutes.

I dunno, it seems like a lot of people are struggling there for some reason. Make sure you're in front of it to jump forward at it, not on the sides.

seat

TacticalFox88 said:
You're just ASKING for a tag quote aren't you?
I love this sequel. I think it's superior to the original, but I do agree with him on the soundtrack. First was better.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Papercuts said:
I dunno, it seems like a lot of people are struggling there for some reason. Make sure you're in front of it to jump forward at it, not on the sides.

I can't offer any help, but it wasn't working for me either. I tried for about ten minutes, including a leap off the edge to death once. Blind luck resulted in the same thing that I had been attempting deciding to work all of a sudden.

Mana Sin

Stand on the ledge directly under the lamp bulb. go into high profile mode (R1 or RT) then hold in the jump button (X or.. whatever)...Then let it go. Your guy should hop right up and catch the end of the lamp pole.

jett

D-Member
Hrrrmmm I updated to FW 3.10 today...am I crazy or does the game take longer to load now?

Gribbix said:
Pause the game and select Inventory, then select Outfits.

Speaking of UPlay bonuses, is there anyway to return to the Auditore Tomb once you've explored it? I think I missed a treasure chest in there and I'd like to reread the family history plaques. I tried returning to the entrance but I can't interact with the door. Likewise for the exit gate.

Thanks...man Altair looks so...lame compared to Ezio's badass clothes. :lol

BTW you have to select the tomb from the DNA sequence to replay it.

Nemesis_

So I thought Rome was in this game?

I thought Romagna would've been Rome in the same way that Firenze is Florence.

But yeah, no Rome? Wasn't it meant to be a third major city? Would've been so awesome to scale the colliseum and such =(

EzLink

Banned
God fucking dammit, is the final segment in this game
a fist fight with the pope
? Some fucking douche on my facebook just posted that as his status :/

OmonRa

Nemesis556 said:

But yeah, no Rome? Wasn't it meant to be a third major city? Would've been so awesome to scale the colliseum and such =(

Roma is Rome. Romagna is not Rome. ;)

Razorskin

----- ------
Papercuts said:

YES! I got it to work!

I stood in front of the post on the ledge and held R1 and X, Altair puts his hands behind him then push forward on the left stick.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jett said:
I love the music, I like it better than the AC1 score. Maybe you should replay AC1. :p That game has more atmospheric crap than proper music.
I'm playing Assassin's Creed on PSP now. It reuses all the music. I just don't agree! Nothing really matches Jerusalem's theme or the ending section of Enter the Animus. It's got some innovative pieces, but I don't think it's really all that different from the first overall (and I liked the industrial sound coupled with the big brass of the first). It's going for a different vibe with the guitar, and that's fine...but the strings in the escape theme from AC1 are way better than the guitar here.

jett

D-Member
Yeah this piece of shit firmware now makes AC2 take 45 seconds to load a city. Fucking Sony. I'm glad I finished it before I updated at least. :p

jett

D-Member
Y2Kev said:
I'm playing Assassin's Creed on PSP now. It reuses all the music. I just don't agree! Nothing really matches Jerusalem's theme or the ending section of Enter the Animus. It's got some innovative pieces, but I don't think it's really all that different from the first overall (and I liked the industrial sound coupled with the big brass of the first). It's going for a different vibe with the guitar, and that's fine...but the strings in the escape theme from AC1 are way better than the guitar here.

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. :p

Ranger X

DeathNote said:
So, I lost the first
sibling rivalry church race.
It keeps starting over with the dude having a head start. He keeps beating me in like 20 seconds. It's like an endless loop. I'm getting sick of it starting over and hearing the same voice dubs. I'm not good with the controls yet and I can't even practice them. Halp.

Edit: Ok, I beat it. My problem was I kept jumping and repelling backwards off the wall. Really lame. I figured out how to climb and that helped me. (I didn't play much of the first game so I forgot how). I was pissed when it told me how to climb after I finally won. :lol

To complete this mission I completely ignore my brother's path and climb the Chapel right away. LOL

Sai-kun

Banned
Nemesis556 said:

You'll get to Rome.

Ok, so I finally found all the glyphs and just watched the Truth video. So can anyone explain what I just watched? I know just about as much as when I collected the first couple glyphs.

Mana Sin

Am I the only one who feels kind of depressed after watching The Truth? I just... *sigh* I need more information... Damn my overly inquisitive nature :'(

Sai

Guys, please tell me that there are 9 Feathers in the last district of Venice. 'cause if so, I'm set!

I'm at the start of Sequence 10 right now. 91 Feathers, Villa's all renovated, all the statuettes found, only one Codex left to find(probably in the last district of Venice), all weapons & armor acquired, finished up all the side missions and climbed every view point up to this point, and just finished up with The Truth... I've even been collecting all the treasures in each city. Venice is the only one I haven't cleaned out yet because it's it seems so big and daunting compared to the others. :lol

I think I'll be able to get 100% with all the Achievements when I finally beat the game! AC2's been keeping me busy.

While I was grabbing all the treasures in Tuscany, I got into it with a group of city guards, and a thief pickpocketed me right in the middle of the fight! Started chasing him immediately! Finally caught him after chasing him around the city for what seemed like an eternity, and watched as one of the archers that was chasing him along with me cut him down after I got my money back. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Mana Sin said:
Am I the only one who feels kind of depressed after watching The Truth? I just... *sigh* I need more information... Damn my overly inquisitive nature :'(

Depressed? I was super excited. I think it both raises and answers/confirms questions.

Don't read this if you haven't watched all of the Truth and the ending:
Like how our "Gods" were really just the first civilization to be on Earth, and we were enslaved, and then Adam and Eve broke out out of control and stole the Apple. So cool.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Major spoilers.

Lostconfused said:
Also clearly in that video
Adam and Eve moved pretty much like all the assassins. And being an assassin is hereditary for the most part so they might as well be assassins because odds are they did give birth to them.

True that. According to the game's story, Cain would have been the first real assassin. Dyciphering one of the glyphs shows the different painting of Cain killing Able

What I still don't understand is were the gods aliens or just a species of human that developed millions of years they created us?

Sai-kun

Banned
Vilix said:
Major spoilers.

True that. According to the game's story, Cain would have been the first real assassin. Dyciphering one of the glyphs shows the different painting of Cain killing Able

What I still don't understand is were the gods aliens or just a species of human that developed millions of years they created us?

I believe the latter

Mana Sin

Sai-kun said:
Depressed? I was super excited. I think it both raises and answers/confirms questions.

Don't read this if you haven't watched all of the Truth and the ending:
Like how our "Gods" were really just the first civilization to be on Earth, and we were enslaved, and then Adam and Eve broke out out of control and stole the Apple. So cool.

Sure, but I'm an information whore. I need to know all the details. Why, when, and who.

Mana Sin

Square Triangle said:
That's..not..saying a lot..:lol

AC2 is amazing! Don't lower it to the RE5 level!

I enjoyed RE5 a lot too... It just wasn't really a Resident Evil game. I grew up fighting zombies, and there were no zombies in RE5.

Sai-kun

Banned
jett said:
It's pretty clear it's TEH ALIENZ, Minerva says something like "we just arrived here earlier"

Good point. I forgot about that. But I assume after they came here, they were here awhile before they created us.

Mana Sin

Sai-kun said:
Good point. I forgot about that. But I assume after they came here, they were here awhile before they created us.

What are the chances that Cthulhu is involved? Probably nill. I really wish the Truth explained a little bit more of the creation stuff. We apparently didn't evolve, but being created by aliens seems to be odd as well...

Top Bottom