• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage | Preview Thread

devilNprada

Me too! Why is that? I really have no idea why, after six years, I'm suddenly looking forward to THIS particular Assassin's Creed game.

Is it gonna be smaller in scale than Odyssey and Valhalla? If so, maybe that's why? Perhaps I read that and found myself attracted to that... because I get turned off by the thought of some massive, bloated game. I prefer tight and focused.

With that said, does anyone know how long the Mirage campaign will be?
I was pretty sure after the last two I would never play an AC game ever again.. Who ever heard of stealthy Spartans and Vikings. They were not bad, just way too much.

- It's been 8 - 9 years since we last had an Assassin's Creed ass Assassin's Creed game, meaning something that is smaller packaged, more linear, and more focused, with particular focus on assassinations (wow!) and stealth
You hit it on the nose.. I will bite!

Kurotri

I was pretty sure after the last two I would never play an AC game ever again.. Who ever heard of stealthy Spartans and Vikings. They were not bad, just way too much.

You hit it on the nose.. I will bite!
Heads up man, if you are on PC or Xbox and are ok with not owning it forever, you can get it on Ubisoft+ for 18 bucks IIRC. You'll save yourself some cash!

Lokaum D+

JpROtfk.jpg

Muffdraul

Huge AC fan since the first game released, never really fell off, I think Unity was great and never anywhere near as bad as its reputation, loved the last three "omg huge open world RPG" ACs. I am definitely not one of the "huuurrrrr why dey maek ac a rpg i hate dat me want old skool ac" types. I'm not jumping for joy with hype that they've made an old school style AC. But, I'm sure it'll be great and I'll be playing it on day 1 and I expect I'll love it once I get into it.

devilNprada

Heads up man, if you are on PC or Xbox and are ok with not owning it forever, you can get it on Ubisoft+ for 18 bucks IIRC. You'll save yourself some cash!
Oh I meant way too much game... They were way too long and exhausting and I can't take anymore..
But thanks for the tip..

I think it's a combination of the following:

- It's been 3 years since we last had an Assassin's Creed game
- It's been 8 - 9 years since we last had an Assassin's Creed ass Assassin's Creed game, meaning something that is smaller packaged, more linear, and more focused, with particular focus on assassinations (wow!) and stealth
- The setting is beautiful, golden age Baghdad. Urban parkour environment is back, though of course not on the same level as early games because this game is clobbed together using Valhalla assets. Still, the city is the star in the game and not the open ended areas like in the RPG trilogy.
- It's a very serious and intended homage to the original. Together with the obvious middle eastern setting and gameplay focus, they went ham on this. Even the robes and the overall art direction just screams old-school AC.

Personally, I think this will be a very neat love letter for its intended audience: People that miss early AC, especially my AC1 brothers. Also I really like the music.

I hope so!

Eiknarf

Banned
So the review embargo lifts on 10/4. A day before launch

That normal for an Assassin’s Creed game?

Last edited:

Macaron

Banned
AC games generally the perfect example of solid, good fun games. Doesn't have to be more than that for me. If Mirage keeps that going, i'm excited to play it.

Top Bottom