• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Launch Trailer for Assassin's Creed: Mirage Released

People seem to not be a fan of Assassin's Creed on here, I like them though. Looking forward to this, wish the next one coming was Hex though
Hex is also the most exciting to me. I am a big AC fanboi but that's not to say the past few games were not over bloated or anything. Too much shit to do and it got old. I am curious how AC Red will be handled.

Kirkio

Hex is also the most exciting to me. I am a big AC fanboi but that's not to say the past few games were not over bloated or anything. Too much shit to do and it got old. I am curious how AC Red will be handled.
Yeah there is normally alot of bloat, I usually steam roll the campaign as soon as I start getting bored of the side stuff.
I am still keen on Red but after GoT that setting has kind of been itched for me. I just like medieval witch vibe more

Comandr

Looks pretty good. Curious how much abstergo IRL crap we have to slog through during the story though.

Looks pretty good. Curious how much abstergo IRL crap we have to slog through during the story though.
Whats wrong with the abstergo irl stuff? For me personally that's what made the story really fun and exciting in the original Trilogy. It's the new games that turned it into shit ever since the end of AC 3 cause they decided to do something really fucking dumb.

Last edited:

GutsOfThor

Looking forward to this. Now to decide whether to get it on XSX or PS5

P.S. The music in the trailer was fucking horrible.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Tumbleweeds Plains GIF

Comandr

Whats wrong with the abstergo irl stuff? For me personally that's what made the story really fun and exciting in the original Trilogy. It's the new games that turned it into shit ever since the end of AC 3 cause they decided to do something really fucking dumb.
For me its the narrative whiplash of starting a game with a character in a given setting, taking in the world, and then suddenly uh oh there's a glitch in the matrix and you get ripped out of the simulation to find
Cat Reaction GIF
some dipshit trying to find the error in the code or whatever and get you back in so we can somehow.. expose.. the secrets of... something or another? Who gives a shit. I just want to jump off of things and be a sneaky boy and do cool stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The hip hop soundtrack in this trailer really clashes with the setting.

I love old-school Assassin's Creed (and the new ones) but this one isn't really doing anything for me - it just looks so bland and generic. I'll probably wait for a deep discount.

I can't beleive I'm old enough to be nostalgic for the first few Assasin's Creed games. I remember so well when it was a brand new IP, that I was incredibly hyped about. I owned the game before I even owned my 360.

If this can somehow recreate the feel of AC2 I would definitely be in. But maybe that is boring as hell these days. Really interested to read reviews and see where this one lands, haven't bought an AC since Black Flag. Definitely don't need more games right now, but that has never stopped me before.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looking forward to it but not liking what I've heard in some previews in various podcasts, not only does it feel like the old games, but it also has the utter jank of climbing from the old games too, remember the frustrating attempts at trying to jump to specific ledges and your character jumping in the complete opposite direction.

nikos

Going back to a dense city should feel nice. Hopefully the game is engaging. Will definitely try it on Ubisoft+.

SJRB

Gold Member
Oof that's not a good trailer. Still looking forward to the game itself though, it's nice to go back to a large city.

Muffdraul

I've stuck with AC through thick and thin ever since the first game. IMO even the bad AC games are still pretty OK. I loved the shift to "huge open world RPG a la Witcher 3" and am not hankering for "a return to old school AC" smaller scale games. I haven't paid much attention to Mirage previews. What little I've seen looks pretty slick and I'm betting I'll be very into it once I start playing on day 1.

EDIT: Hours later I finally watch the trailer. Even having not watched a ton of previews, at a glance it does look like it's been taken down a peg graphically. And if y'all hadn't said anything I'm not sure I would have realized that voice was coming from a woman. They sound like an absurd character from some cheap Saturday morning cartoon.

Last edited:
For me its the narrative whiplash of starting a game with a character in a given setting, taking in the world, and then suddenly uh oh there's a glitch in the matrix and you get ripped out of the simulation to find
Cat Reaction GIF
some dipshit trying to find the error in the code or whatever and get you back in so we can somehow.. expose.. the secrets of... something or another? Who gives a shit. I just want to jump off of things and be a sneaky boy and do cool stuff.
I can see your perspective but a lot of people gave a shit including me. I liked the mystery of the real world story and it made the franchise more unique by having 2 sides of the story.

Last edited:

Tams

People seem to not be a fan of Assassin's Creed on here, I like them though. Looking forward to this, wish the next one coming was Hex though

It's one of the more innovative and ambitious new IPs in the last couple of decades.

I'm glad it does well to get more games.

And people shit on Ubisoft, but they do manage to put out good games with almost no big bugs.

Saiyan-Rox

You'd be surprised... a lot of people like her voice, not sure why. She sounds like she smokes 200 cigarettes packs a day if you ask me lol.

it's because you have to say how great everything is these days instead of saying the truth

but shes as much of great choice for a voice actor than I am a male model

tho, production-wise, this does look seriously b-team, it's old school ac gameplay & it's set in beautiful baghdad, so i'm in...

Kurotri

I'm looking forward to the game but that music is some zoomer ass shit and doesn't fit at all. It's like they learned nothing from the backlash of the Prince of Persia one.

Just look at what we used to have:

You know Ubisoft considers it a throwaway AC game when they don't even bother to create an amazing CG trailer for it.
I'm guessing you missed the announcement trailer from a year ago?

Last edited:
Top Bottom