• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Launch Trailer for Assassin's Creed: Mirage Released

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I am a fan of AC but it is crazy to look at the exact animations for what feels like 20 years...I know COD is the same, but I dunno...it just seems crazy.

Raven117

Im always a sucker for some Assassins Creed.

The vibe and the setup is just too good...even though they almost always botch the execution.

Luipadre

I generally love AC, but after Valhalla I will take a break for a while. This game looks good enough but these trailers are not selling me at all.

Played all AC games, really liked them. 0 hype for this and im skipping it at launch. Maybe some time later on a deep discount, but currently i have like 3 games on my list to finish and many more to come that are a lot more interesting than this one

Muffdraul

Not very hyped, I've always loved AC, the formula had gotten stale and I loved the shift to 'Witcher 3 open world RPG' style, not keen on back pedaling to the past... but as I keep saying, I'm still getting it on day 1 and I'm expecting to enjoy it once I get into it. Just not feeling hyped.

Also, I thought Basim was a POS in Valhalla, not exactly chomping at the bit to play as him, younger or not.

EDIT: One reason I didn't care for Basim was his voice. It just annoyed me somehow, no particular reason I can think of beyond not appreciating the sound of it and the way he spoke. I just checked on IMDB found the actor who played him in Valhalla, and so far his name is not associated with Mirage, so that's a good thing. I assumed he wouldn't be playing younger Basim, but I also assumed there would be some "flashforward" cutscenes of the older POS we Valhalla players are familiar with.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
This looks horrible in every way, and in a year which put BG3, Starfield and Phantom Liberty on my backlog. It just looks like a completely bland, flavourless, lifeless AC game from ten years ago.

And that music. That shitty, shitty music. They know that the majority of their audience aren't 18 year old Americans, right? Take your shitty rap music and fuck off. I'm not buying it for that reason alone.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Not sure what I dislike more, how mid the game looks or that goddamn stupid as hell "A Ubisoft Original" bullshit jargon

A Ubisoft Original That Wont Make A Dent In A Year Of Banger After Banger

spons

Gold Member
What? This releases in 3 days from now? Shit I thought it was one of the 10 Assassin's Creed games releasing next year or whatever. Completely lost on the franchise, and also completely done with it.

Last edited:
Brandon Scott Jones Oops GIF by CBS

Will check it out way down the line. I almost can envision the exact experience I'll have and I'm pretty sure I'll be right. The games are just too formulaic for me to be truly surprised, but what's on offer can still be a lot of fun and interesting to explore and mess around in.

I hope it's not nearly as bloated as Valhalla, which I enjoyed well enough, but it was just too long and I was really over it by the time I got near the end.

Top Bottom