• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins PC System Requirements

adversarial

whoa-simmer-down-now.jpg

Every game has bugs, but none were as memorable and funny as that. Thus why it gets posted. And yes while the game was beautiful, it was an utter mess. Do you own stock in Ubi? =)

1] Andromeda?

2] Doubtful, but you seem to be pandering to the lowest-common denominator.

heringer

Recommended is probably 1080p30fps with high settings.

^You are not alone. Unity still is, at this date, the most impressive and beautiful game I've ever played. Sindycate's world was also exhilarating in that regard but it didn't quite reach Unity's magnificence.

Yeah, if I'm being honest Unity on PC probably still is the most impressive looking game this generation. Climbing Notre Dame and seeing a huge crowd in the street is quite something.

I enjoyed the game too. Shame I can't say the same about Syndicate. God, I hated that game.

elelunicy

You do realize that bug affected a small percentage of pc players with a very specific setup. The game pushes most modern hardware to its limits even 3 years because of how good it looks not because it’s buggy or whatever narrative your trying to push. And before you say I’m some ubi shill, I think AC is as boring as it gets in terms of game design.
If I’m not mistaken only people with Intel graphics were affected. No Intel graphics met Unity’s minimum requirements anyway so that can’t even be considered as a bug.

Branson

so shitty system requierements for recommended specs. lame. i wanted something to push my 1080ti and this is not going to do it. day 1 still andi really hope its the best looking version and we dont get a gimped down version.
Oh stop. I have a 1080ti and a 7700k and at 1080p I’ve had framedrops below 60 on GTAV at ultra (mainly ultra grass) and on the witcher 3 when pushing the grass distance out very far at 1080p. The demanding games are there if you want them to be.

Are we sure they didn't copy paste Syndicate PC requirments by mistake

Based on Steam page , both games requirements are totally identical

Rellik

You do realize that bug affected a small percentage of pc players with a very specific setup. The game pushes most modern hardware to its limits even 3 years because of how good it looks not because it’s buggy or whatever narrative your trying to push. And before you say I’m some ubi shill, I think AC is as boring as it gets in terms of game design.

Bullshit. I got it on the Xbox One. It was easy to reproduce in multiple scenes. And then in some, the character would complete disappear.

I'm convinced that a lot of system requirements nowadays are created by throwing darts at a wall. They aren't quite meaningless, but they're pretty close.

What we really need are benchmarks that can be downloaded and run before buying a game. (Actually, just having benchmarks in general would help a lot...)

EvB

Why is everybody surprised that a game designed to run on an Xbox One only requires fairly modest specs to run the same game at 1080p?

Dinjoralo

Those are surprisingly reasonable and low. It seems like we're out of that time where Ubisoft kinda forgot about optimization, with Watch Dogs and AC: Unity.

Why is everybody surprised that a game designed to run on an Xbox One only requires fairly modest specs to run the same game at 1080p?

Because past Ubisoft games that were also designed to run on an Xbox One required relatively beefy specs to run on a PC at 1080p.

MUnited83

For you.
i dont need logic. i want something to push my 1080ti and nothing has done it so far. i was expecting more to be honest, what can i say maaannnnnn

...then just run it at max settings at 4k then? It will push the fuck out of your 1080ti, I can tell you that.

i dont need logic. i want something to push my 1080ti and nothing has done it so far. i was expecting more to be honest, what can i say maaannnnnn

I'm assuming you have a 1080p screen and don't want to downsample. You should go play Quantum Break.

Have fun! The lighting in that game is stunning.

Instro

Because Ubisoft has a checkered history with PC ports. Often not being great and requiring higher than expected PC specs. Example: AC Unity was released 3 years ago, and has higher minimum/recommended specs than this game.

shanafan

Unity on PC is one the most beautiful games of this gen and people still post this bullshit, like AC is the only game ever with this kind of bug.

Dude, 100%. I am just about done with my playthrough of AC Unity, but holy cow, this game is gorgeous on PC.

Lren

Initially I was just gonna play it safe and get the ps4 version but now I am torn again. Cause man, love me some sweet 60 fps where I can get it. Hrm.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That's...That is very low compared to what I thought.

Please be a good port. Just need to decide between 1080p 144hz or 4k 30/60hz

rashbeep

Banned
So your logic is to have a shitty optimized game so that you feel good about blowing $800 on graphics card?

i think people will be unhappy no matter what

unity got shit for being buggy/unoptimized, yet here we are 3 years later and it still is the best looking game ubisoft has made

can't help but feel a little disappointed by that

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Really looking forward to this one! I thought Syndicate's PC port was quite good, so hopefully this will be on par or better.

Get a 4K monitor if you want to push your 1080ti. You won't be able to max out a lot of games and get a locked 60 fps.

Either that, or go with a G-Sync 1440p/165+ hz monitor for extremely high frame rates.

shanafan

That's...That is very low compared to what I thought.

Please be a good port. Just need to decide between 1080p 144hz or 4k 30/60hz

I feel that for a game like AC, 60 FPS would be pretty comfortable.

Are there any mentions of a framerate cap at all?

Truant

Ubisoft PC ports have been pretty decent for the last three years, in my experience. The only one that was straight up broken was Unity, but that game was a mess no matter where you played it. It was obviously rushed.

Syndicate, Watch Dogs 2, and Wildlands all run great on both my i5/970 and i7/1070 machines.

Ubisoft PC ports have been pretty decent for the last three years, in my experience. The only one that was straight up broken was Unity, but that game was a mess no matter where you played it. It was obviously rushed.

Syndicate, Watch Dogs 2, and Wildlands all run great on both my i5/970 and i7/1070 machines.

Yeah, but the most infamous port was Unity so people still cling to it even to this day, even though they never play any Ubisoft game recently.

carsar

"dynamic resolution. target fps"
Thank you, Ubisoft. you have given me a chance to play the game on 4k tv and middle(980 ti) gpu without headaches.
The main question is "What about HDR?"

Thank you, Ubisoft. you have given me a chance to play the game on 4k tv and middle(980 ti) gpu without headaches.

No HDR, apparently. Which is pretty weird because it seems that XBX will have it.

UrbanRats

Sounds great.
Hopefully performance scales well and doesn't stutter above 30, no matter the settings you have, something not rare with Ubisoft's open world games.

Iceternal

The 980ti is considered a middle Gpu now?!

Omg my heart :(

Top Bottom