• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed reaches 2.5 million sold, 5 mill expected. Other stuff delayed

hopefully they dont think their game is flawless and rush out a second one without fixing the numerous problems.

but I am really looking forward to AC2, the first one had a lot of good.

Lightning

Banned
Maximilian E. said:
well..
to be honest, AC did have a bigger userbase than what Mass Effect had.
360 + PS3 is still more than 360 alone.
And has a much wider appeal to Europe then what Mass Effect ever had.

Speevy said:
I suppose a worse game could have sold 2.5 million units, but it's certainly not as deserving as a dozen other games I could name.
This may be true, but the amount of unwarrented hate this game receives makes me all the more happier this game sold as well as it did if not just to spit in the haters faces. Balance in the world has been restored. :D

Acosta

Deserved, a studio with balls to make something so different and so difficult deserves the credit. The game it´s wonderful in many areas and it sets a new mark for things like animation and world creation. It´s a wonderful base for what it can be a truly revolutionary game (and I had a great time with the game as it is now, but I see the fields it can improve for a sequel).

I still think that the true AC is one without HUDs, the game changes completely and its design has much more sense.

The sequel is going to be one of my most anticipated games in my life.

I'm interested in how much of that sold on the Ps3. Honestly i'm surprised by the success. I don't think the game itself deserves it, but i'm a supporter of the team. Bring on Prince of Persia next gen please!

Zzoram

Dark FaZe said:
I'm interested in how much of that sold on the Ps3. Honestly i'm surprised by the success. I don't think the game itself deserves it, but i'm a supporter of the team. Bring on Prince of Persia next gen please!

I would guess a lot sold on PS3 since PS3 owners weren't buying anything else other than maybe CoD4, judging by the meh sales of GH3/Ratchet and the expectedly meh sales of Uncharted.

Kittonwy

Banned
Chairman Yang said:
I think Assassin's Creed has below-average gameplay with stellar production values, so I'm sad to see it so successful. It's going to mean more games I dislike and fewer games I like.

Ditto.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Zzoram said:
I would guess a lot sold on PS3 since PS3 owners weren't buying anything else other than maybe CoD4, judging by the meh sales of GH3/Ratchet and the expectedly meh sales of Uncharted.

no one buys anything on ps3, why would you think that?

Top Bottom