• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

conman

Facism said:
Interesting OP. Not too bothered by it's length, it's a good recap and has lots of information. Unfortunately I'm not going to be buying this day 1 despite really looking forward to it. Too many games, not enough time or money to play them all, unfortunately.
Yeah, this is a seriously impacted fall release schedule, more so than any in recent years. Usually the fall is packed with a bunch of "popcorn" blockbusters that are easy for me to ignore (Call of Duty).

But this fall is filled with way too many of my kind of games. I'm still playing Dark Souls and have already had to pass on Uncharted 3, and I'll probably have to pass on Skyrim and Revelations, too. At this rate, I won't get to Revelations until sometime in February or March.

conman said:
Yeah, this is a seriously impacted fall release schedule, more so than any in recent years. Usually the fall is packed with a bunch of "popcorn" blockbusters that are easy for me to ignore (Call of Duty).

But this fall is filled with way too many of my kind of games. I'm still playing Dark Souls and have already had to pass on Uncharted 3, and I'll probably have to pass on Skyrim and Revelations, too. At this rate, I won't get to Revelations until sometime in February or March.

I'm playing Gear 3 now, still have to play Batman AA, Batman AC, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3. Plus I'll be picking up this game next week and then Rayman Origins.

you're right about being able to skip so many games last year, which I did because they were fluff to me, this year is not the case

conman

Ken Masters said:
I'm playing Gear 3 now, still have to play Batman AA, Batman AC, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3. Plus I'll be picking up this game next week and then Rayman Origins.

you're right about being able to skip so many games last year, which I did because they were fluff to me, this year is not the case
Oh, jesus. I totally forgot about Batman AC and Gears 3. Man, that's ridiculous. I'm a huge fan of AssCreed, but I just don't know how to prioritize all these incredible releases, and I don't want to feel rushed while I'm playing Revelations. I want to give it a good chunk of my time, so it'll have to wait for a bigger lull. Plus, I really wanted to replay the full AC2 trilogy to get the full experience.

iNvidious01 said:
dont like the op? post here

this thread should be about the game

gamespot have their now playing up
http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-pl...elations20111107&tag=footer;link#toggle_video

That really doesn't make sense at all. You can have 6 pages of people saying nothing but how great the OP is but if you don't like it you're not allowed in the thread? The thread shouldn't be derailed by it but it's not like all the pages of just posts saying "great OP!" are adding to the conversation.

notworksafe

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
That really doesn't make sense at all. You can have 6 pages of people saying nothing but how great the OP is but if you don't like it you're not allowed in the thread? The thread shouldn't be derailed by it but it's not like all the pages of just posts saying "great OP!" are adding to the conversation.
I didn't believe the complaints that these OTs with massive OPs are nothing but fanboy hugboxes and the OP fishing for compliments...but now I see the point of that argument.

iNvid02

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

thread should be about the game, period.

"great op" adds nothing but i appreciate it, and there is nowhere else to post it so im not going to tell people to piss off.

"shit op" adds nothing and it means nothing to me, but there is a place to discuss it in the thread that ghst guy made just today (because of this thread)

iNvid02

Marco1 said:
Is this the final AC or another spinoff?

final one for ezio and altair, assassins creed iii is next year.
after that it will probably continue with other storylines

Marco1

iNvidious01 said:
final one for ezio and altair, assassins creed iii is next year.
after that it will probably continue with other storylines
Thanks, I have not played brotherhood, is it worth playing or would I be better with this?

Wow fantastic OT. Great work!

One thing I will say though, it would've been much better if it stopped at post 7. That's all the info we need to know about Revelations.

Mr. Sam

chaostrophy said:
It has them, and they're much better than the ones in II because they don't have all those goddamned timed levers. So you can actually enjoy the atmosphere when you're going through them, instead of rushing all the time.

That does sound appealing. The catacombs in ACII were seriously the best part of the game. Felt like such a man when I finally unlocked Altair's armour. That's what it unlocked, wasn't it? I honestly can't remember.

One question I do have, has there been any official word on DRM on PC? I remember some places suggesting that Ubi was going back to the always online bullshit with this game but I can't find more than the rumors so does that mean it won't? Is it the same one time activation as Brotherhood was?

Loxley

I've finally gotten around to playing Brotherhood a few days ago, I'm having an absolute blast. I definitely like it more than II, which was worlds better than the first game. There's so much to do, it's almost a bit overwhelming. Then again I'm not going to try and 100% since I'm trying to finish the campaign by this Friday.

From what I've seen of Revelations, it looks to be an even bigger improvement on II, I love the look of old n' grizzled Ezio. It sucks that this is coming out so close to Skyrim, I'm likely going to have to put it off until December.

But hey, maybe that's good to take a break between the two, I suppose Revelations will feel much more fresh that way.

Let us hope that the PC version is not a festival of mouse acceleration like AC2 and ACB were. It rivals Bioshock in its level of mouse shittiness, which is curious because the ACB multiplayer mouse feels perfectly fine.

iNvid02

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
One question I do have, has there been any official word on DRM on PC? I remember some places suggesting that Ubi was going back to the always online bullshit with this game but I can't find more than the rumors so does that mean it won't? Is it the same one time activation as Brotherhood was?

this is all i got

whether it means every time you launch or just once, i dont know. probably the former

The Lamp

People complaining about this OP are making me lol. The OP contains everything usual OPs contain, except more in every category. It's what a good OP should be, informational, visual, and content-rich. It even has chapter markers to find the content you want. Haters gonna hate.

I might get this for Christmas but I'm kind of burned out on Assassin's Creed ever since I thought II was kind of mediocre, and I was horrible. If it gets overwhelming reception I might get it for the holidays.

iNvid02

The Lamp said:
People complaining about this OP are making me lol. The OP contains everything usual OPs contain, except more in every category. It's what a good OP should be, informational, visual, and content-rich. It even has chapter markers to find the content you want. Haters gonna hate.

I might get this for Christmas but I'm kind of burned out on Assassin's Creed ever since I thought II was kind of mediocre, and I was horrible. If it gets overwhelming reception I might get it for the holidays.

you've played brotherhood right?

rataven

There's a small interview with Jesper over HERE at Gamespot about AC:R's OST, along with a few sample tracks - though I believe they are the same tracks he posted on his official site.

Really looking forward to the full OST. What we've heard so far has been phenomenal.

Krispy

DIBS! Please.

The Lamp

iNvidious01 said:
you've played brotherhood right?

No, never got around to it. I've heard it's great, especially in light of AC2, but yeah I'll probably play that before Revelations if I ever get it.

iNvidious01 said:
this is all i got

whether it means every time you launch or just once, i dont know. probably the former

I'm assuming it would be the later. Then it would be exactly the same as brotherhood was but it's Ubisoft so you're probably right instead. I don't think brotherhood had it on the front like that so it's hard to know for sure. Ubi's stupid as shit DRM is exactly the reason I wait for these games to be less than $10 before I play them on my PC.

iNvid02

The Lamp said:
No, never got around to it. I've heard it's great, especially in light of AC2, but yeah I'll probably play that before Revelations if I ever get it.

yeah definitley, its actually cheaper than dirt right now
look around, there was the limited codex edition for like £18 directly from ubishop

Jamesways

I actually appreciate the OP for all the info.

I never finished AC:B, and now I'm up to speed for this one, no digging for story needed.

Thumbs up!

ZZMitch

I am really excited for this game, especially after playing Brotherhood.

I will buy this on Steam when I have winter break, since my gaming PC is back at home. Looks great though. Constantinople seems like a great choice for the setting.

Bozzard

Neo Member
Crazymoogle said:
That's a great idea! If comparisons anywhere near as close to AC2 italy can be shown that would be pretty cool.

I played AC:R in gamescom and i couldn't believe how accurate structures were

DrBo42

Yeah guys, shit on someone that has spent hours making an OT..to bring you information that you can completely ignore if by some reason it enrages you. Wankers.

Well done, OP.

Irish

The information is entirely relevant because Revelations is the closing chapter for both Ezio and Altair. A great recap.

I'm mad that I had to buy it at Gamestop though to get Embers and the like. I ordered it online to guarantee that my copy wasn't already opened, played, and chewed on by a dog like other 'new' games I've bought from Gamestop.

Been looking forward to this game for a while. Loved using the Assassin recruits in Brotherhood, I am glad that that aspect is returning in this one.

Nothing better than watching your Master Assassin's do your dirty work.

DrBo42

Have they made any mention of how they intend to balance the amount of options you have at your disposal now? Between bombs and returning recruits I fear the game has become even easier. The stalkers are a cool idea but it doesn't sound like they pose that great a threat.

Chuck

Still without luck
OP is a wasted effort as no one will read even close to one tenth of it. Image hosting for text is also a terrible idea.

I will pick this game up at under 30 bucks.

The Lamp

ChuckNoLuck said:
OP is a wasted effort as no one will read even close to one tenth of it. Image hosting for text is also a terrible idea.

I read it and people have said they already read it.

It's lonely at the top, OP.

ChuckNoLuck said:

I read more then 1/2 of it and skimmed the rest, thanks for playing

I'm trying to dust up the last multi-player achievement and the DLC for Brotherhood before Christmas.

But otherwise, I'm super ready for this!

notworksafe

I don't suppose there's any bonus for having completed saves of the other AC games on your HDD is there? More games need to do that.

Irish

notworksafe said:
I don't suppose there's any bonus for having completed saves of the other AC games on your HDD is there? More games need to do that.

I don't believe so. I think the idea of that is what is behind Ubiplay, but I don't feel like Ubisoft has taken it far enough. There should be more rewards than what they offer.

__

I also read through the whole thing. This a forum afterall, where it is generally expected that you would have to read stuff. Of course, I know a lot of folk treat GAF as a place like a diary where they get to see themselves post a lot. iMad.

ChuckNoLuck said:

I read most of it to refresh my memory on the series. Thanks.

EDQ6E.gif

Top Bottom