• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 marketing art has four equally placed assassins (co-op?)

C'mon Ubi, give us what we want.

assassins-creed-iii-liberation-cosplay-533x800.jpg

I'd stab her with my dagger.

KxoZz

Adewale is captain of his ship, much older, is assassinated by the player's character, young english dude working on his ship

I don't think anyone would be happy with assassinating Adewale.
Ade is an Assassin, which would make the player the games bad guy?
Personally, I don't think there's a chance of that being true

mindsale

Co-op could be fun. It'd let you plan for large takedowns with a friend... Not that you can't just parry infinitely and kill everyone in those games by yourself, anyway. Also, please no Gods / AI's. Please no present / near-future. Please give Connor a personality if he does return (which I'd rather he didn't).

lewisgone

Co op could be fun. And I like the idea of Connor returning, I liked his character and he has a lot of potential.

If there is only 4 male characters to choose from though, that's pretty shitty. Hopefully the 4th character is a woman.

Trakan

Please Ubi, let this be real, proper story coop and not a tacked on side mode like in FC3.

I don't think they've ever done full fledged coop in any of their games, but I'm holding out hope with this game being next gen exclusive.

I dont want full campaign co op but if they have a separate mode then sure.

But if its milti-characters like GTAV then that might actually be really cool and be a good way for Ubisoft to get around the problems they have with character personalities.

They can have a stoic. wise character like AC1, a young, brash rouge-ish dude out for revenge like AC2, a plank of wood like 3, a dude who just found a assassins robes in a bin and went with it like AC4 and a girl just to change things up and be all progressive and stuff!
But they will sell the girl as DLC

lmbotiva

well, a co op assassins creed, this will be shit, just give me AC brotherhood in france and call it a day UBI, give me my army back!

i hate co op, i hate MP, i love SP :/

Ramenman

I don't think they've ever done full fledged coop in any of their games, but I'm holding out hope with this game being next gen exclusive.

In future soldier they did, full main campaign co-op. Game had its flaws here and there but was rather fun, though there was no public matchmaking so probably not a lot of people got to experience it (I personnally only tried up to 2 players).

fasTRapid

Banned
While Co-Op could be nice, I just think AC: Unity's story spans over several characters. Why having the Eiffel Tower in the Unity logo when the game is supoosed to feature the French Revolution and the life of Napoleon Bonaparte: The Eiffel Tower was finished 90 years after the revolution. It's very likely that the character we control thru the revolution setting won't be the same who climbs the Eiffel Tower.
That's not the logo, dude. That's fanart.

Co-op would be cool if it was a multistage assassination. So a distraction, scoping out guard points, guiding you through buildings and what not

Forkball

FOUR TIMES AS MANY TOWERS
FOUR TIMES AS MANY FEATHERS
FOUR TIMES AS MANY EVERYTHING

THE OPEN WORLD IS YOUURRSSSSS

FOUR TIMES AS MANY TRAILING MISSIONS

If they're going to do four player coop, it should be in ACIV. Four pirate ships working together as a fleet. Oh god the joy.

jcm

I hope it's not only coop. I want a traditional single player campaign. Multiple mains would be cool, but I want to be able to play it alone.

DrunkDan

No. He is never coming back.

But how about a new generic modern day protagonist voiced by Troy Baker?

Yeah, and they can spend several games setting up a modern day finale only to fuck it all up and give him a horrible ending and another shitty cliffhanger.

Yes, I am still salty about it.

Yeah, and they can spend several games setting up a modern day finale only to fuck it all up and give him a horrible ending and another shitty cliffhanger.

Oh man. Yeah that stuff got real bad. One of these games they are going to try and pick that modern day story back up again for real and its going to be fun to see how they handle that mess because boy is it a mess.

But I still like to think Watch Dogs was originally planned as that 100% modern day AC game we all thought we wanted back when AC1 was still fresh.

This is what fans get when Ubi listens to feedback to appease the vocal minority who will only get louder, smearing more shit. They didn't like Desmond so Ubi axed him. They didn't like the modern day plot so Ubi stripped it down. They didn't like Connor/AC3/their vision so Ubi gave us a one dimensional, one tone side-quel and attached a number to it to separate it from 3. And all the detractors didn't latch on to it, they just mocked it further for handling it all so poorly.

Yes, I am also salty about all of it.

Just give us a crouch button and expanded social stealth options, Ubi. I want my crouching assassin in a pro-templar zone to raise caution as people stop and stare or call for guards while civilians help me stay hidden in anti-templar zones.
Because if I can't have the story I want, I better get the gameplay I want.

GladiatoR

Banned
Co-op would be cool if it was a multistage assassination. So a distraction, scoping out guard points, guiding you through buildings and what not

This. Have some missions where people have their own seperate roles. Somebody has to set up an elaborate distraction elsewhere in the city (to keep further guards from coming if something goes wrong, I dunno), somebody else has to scout out the area beforehand whilst another has to find a lone guard, kill him, take his outfit and then blend themselves in with an incoming group of guards who are heading towards the assassination area. Don't know what the fourth person would do, maybe take out rooftop guards? I didn't think this through too much lol. Either way, it could be done really well if Ubisoft put some thought into it.

God damnit I would love co-op in AC. Proper co-op.

Arun1910

Everyone's talking about the 3 Assassin's we can see...

What about the 1st one whose blade is the only thing you can see? Loads of speculation on it being Connor. Which I hope not, cause he sucked imo.

220px-Jean_Marie_Collot_d%27Herbois.jpg

Could attempt to assassinate/save this guy Collot, or help Cécile Renault attempt to kill Robespierre?
Or help save Madame Tussaud from the guillotine. So many possibilities.

AHA-Lambda

Don't blame you, that was my jumping off point for my love of the series.

Then AC4 added further insult by basically saying, "we don't care about the story anymore! We're not even going to try."

AC3's ending was my Mass Effect 3 moment >_>

Akai__

FOUR TIMES AS MANY TOWERS
FOUR TIMES AS MANY FEATHERS
FOUR TIMES AS MANY EVERYTHING

THE OPEN WORLD IS YOUURRSSSSS

FOUR TIMES AS MANY BUGS/GLITCHES

Joking aside, co-op in Assassins Creed sounds awesome. Could be really cool, if done properly.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Don't blame you, that was my jumping off point for my love of the series.

Then AC4 added further insult by basically saying, "we don't care about the story anymore! We're not even going to try."
I talk to Darby Mcdevitt quite often. And to say that he didn't try with the story is very false. The templars my not have had any depth compared to AC3 but it was more about the Edward Kenway in AC4. Who has just as many character flaws as Connor.

Top Bottom