• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC Performance thread

Asd202

2014-11-10_21-31-41.jpg

;)

Is this true? Please let this be true.

????

He IS. He's getting 55-60 FPS with FXAA at 1080p on max (minus PCSS shadows) Vs the PS4's 900p ugly as sin (check out the screenie above) presentation, NOT an anything maxed out and 30 FPs WITH drops.

What do you want? 144 FPS with super sampling?

Yeah. Seems like the game runs fine to me. Though it certainly doesn't look as impessive as I'd hoped. I haven't seen it in person in order to judge, but based on these screenshots.... eh.

Oh, damn I disabled PCSS Shadows and now I'm averaging at 55-60fps atm where I'm at in the city. That made a difference. But its an open world game, so time of day, crowd etc all factor in and I cant possible test all that.

Tested a bit more, those Shadows give a 10fps hit. Well jeez.

I would definitely turn them off then. 10fps hit for slightly more realistic shadow edges at a distance? Nah brah.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dude, why would you do this to yourself? Get it on PC, you have a 970 for crying out loud!

Yeah, I don't understand. Even if you can't get a stable 60 fps, you're still getting 30+ more FPS than consoles can hope to dream for and higher resolutions!

What is going on here?

Kinthalis

Banned
Still looks blurry and dat AA good grief still seeing jaggies.

MSAA doesn't work for texture/transparency aliasing.

FXAA is honestly the best compromise in a game like this. I don't know why they didn't include somehting like SMAA with a temporal filter. That woudl be godly.

????

He IS. He's getting 55-60 FPS with FXAA at 1080p on max (minus PCSS shadows) Vs the PS4's 900p ugly as sin (check out the screenie above) presentation, NOT at PC maxed settings and 30 FPS WITH drops.

What do you want? 144 FPS with super sampling?

This shit is getting beyond ridiculous.

He has a High End PC with one of the best GPUs in the world. He is totally right and you are defending bullshit, that is ridiculous.

Phionoxx

Anyone get this off GMG? Looks like they are going to be sending out codes to be redeemed via UPlay? Not sure. I wonder if GMG has already begun sending out their codes then so people can pre-load via UPlay.

dex3108

Anyone get this off GMG? Looks like they are going to be sending out codes to be redeemed via UPlay? Not sure. I wonder if GMG has already begun sending out their codes then so people can pre-load via UPlay.

ME. And they are silent about codes. I asked them 3 times today on twitter and no answer from them.

Red Comet

Ouch. So long as I can max it out above 30 with my 780 ti SLI and OC'd 4770k, I'll be happy because I'll cap it at 30 and know that I'm getting a better experience than I would on console.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I must hate myself... I just upgraded my PC and I...want to see what it can do.

i5 4670K @ 4.2 Ghz
16 GB Ram
2x 970 4 GB in SLI
Asus ROG Swift.

Again, I hate myself for thinking about picking this up but I wanna seeee...

Little known historical tidbit: During the reign of Louis XV, the nobles in Versailles wore cowpies on their heads to distinguish themselves from the lower class commoners and farmers. The fresher the pie, the better for molding.
In preparation for palace parties, it was usual for a nobleman to save the cowpie for last, often making a servant recover the contents directly from the cow by hand, to achieve optimum malleability. Those with freshest pies were the envy of the party and gained royal favor.

I say these cowpie heads are emulated perfectly.

Asd202

I must hate myself... I just upgraded my PC and I...want to see what it can do.

i5 4670K @ 4.2 Ghz
16 GB Ram
2x 970 4 GB in SLI
Asus ROG Swift.

Again, I hate myself for thinking about picking this up but I wanna seeee...

Out of curiosty how much did you pay for that PC?

Take the resolution up to 2560x1440 so I can know what to expect :p My 780Ti is at least a bit better, TXAA is definitely something I want so I might have to end up turning the crazy shadows off. There is 2X and 4X TXAA right?

And FXAA is a horrible abomination, while TXAA adds a slight blur FXAA just pours Vaseline all over the screen while still leaving aliasing everywhere.

MayMay

Banned
Take the resolution up to 2560x1440 so I can know what to expect :p My 780Ti is at least a bit better, TXAA is definitely something I want so I might have to end up turning the crazy shadows off. There is 2X and 4X TXAA right?

Nope - just "TXAA" so who knows if thats 2X or 4X

Kinthalis

Banned
He has a High End PC with one of the best GPUs in the world. He is totally right and you are defending bullshit, that is ridiculous.

My GPU is better - I got a 780ti, and will report my stats once I get the game. The 970 and 980 are also better.

In the meantime, what exaclty were you expecting? I'm not denying that anvil next is a DOG. The game doesn't look much better than previous games did on PC and forthe way ti looks it should be running better, but this is an engine thing.

His card is running the game at a higher reoslution, on higher setitngs and at double the framerate of a PS4. Sounds about right for a GPU that's about twice the power of a PS4. RIght on what we would be expecting - given the obvious limitations of this engine.

He has a GPU that is roughly 2-2.5x the raw power of the PS4 GPU. He's running the game at a resolution that is roughly 45% higher than the PS4 (1080p vs 900p), at double the framerate and at higher visual settings. The game's performance seems absolutely fine to me.

Edit: Heh, beaten like a chump!

Arkanius

Character models in this game are horribad.
Only the buildings and the sense of scale looks good.

I dont know what Ubisoft did, but it feels like a regression

Black Flag looked better than this

aeolustl

I got a 670 and 3570K...
Guys, is there any hope to run this at the lowest setting...?
Or else I have to cancel the preorder now.

I still wanna wait for
Pascal

MayMay

Banned
Game definitely looks alot better in motion. I just cant make any decent screenshots because I'm too busy to actually progress in the game rn and maybe get to the next cutscene lol.

Top Bottom