• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC Performance thread

ISee

Size of day 1 patch?

As it seems, there are two day 1 patches for the PC Version...

Ubisoft Entertainment
Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.2.0
################################################## ##############################
Fixed crash when accepting invitation in specific cases
Added NVIDIA technologies descriptions in advanced graphics page
Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed various Input issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various UI issues
Fixed various Uplay Invitations issues

################################################## ##############################
Ubisoft Entertainment
Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.1.0

Fixed crash with MSAA enabled
The "Reload" action is now available in the "Customize Controls" menu
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various Multi-Monitor issues
Fixed various UI issues
Fixed various Uplay Actions issues
Fixed various Uplay Progressive Download issues
Fixed various Uplay Rewards issues

Source:german Ubisoft forum

Kezen

Banned
The issue of unrealistic expectations is a serious one in my opinion. It's like people expect to be running current gen games downsampled maxed at 60 fps as if they were last gen ports. The bar has been raised, everyone should be using the console version as a baseline in order to determine what kind of performance to expect.
If some people completely overestimate their PC this isn't Ubisoft's (or anyone's problem), let them moan and whine because they don't have the faintest idea as to what setting they're running. It will only highlight the ones who know better.

Did you put PhysX on GPU?
Good luck with that, there is no Physx in the game.
It's 100% Havok.

There are no jaggies in the shot.I think this is just TXAA 4x, blurring the distant textures. TXAA looks better in motion that in stills, IMHO.
Definitely, but I dislike TXAA still. I can tolerate FXAA's blur but TXAA's is truly something else. Texture detail is slaughtered.

Denton

i am afraid for my core i5 2500 and my radeon r9 270x . hoping to run the game well at 720p

I am 100% sure that in 720p you will have no problems.
I am hoping for 1080p with medium/high mixture and FXAA to get 60fps, on my 2500K+280X.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
One day I will own a video card that plays this game at 1080p and 30fps with all the bells and whistles.
My old GTX560 would crumble playing this game.

acu2014-11-1019-57-297cs0x.png

This is amazing. You can really see the improvements over the console version. HBAO+ works wonders.

Wow, the game's art style doesn't opt for realism, but rather art. This looks like a french painting. incredible

Not gonna lie, those screenshots are pretty. I think what will ultimately make or break this port is if there are stutters like in Watch Dogs or not.

Peterthumpa

Typical gaf, nothing is impressive any more.

I'm pretty grounded when hyperbole is strong in threads like this one, but that man says the truth. There's nothing special in that screenshot. I would even as far as calling it ugly, if we realize for a moment that we're almost in 2015 and that's a "next-gen" game only.

patapuf

This right here is one the reasons I hate to like playing games nowadays.

Christ.

Running something at "max" is not a clear metric since max settings means something different for every game.

If you have some taxing settings they'll tax even high end GPU's. Turn them off for 60 FPS.

MayMay

Banned
With the drivers, and TXAA disabled (I'm on 4xMSAA) I get around 45-50fps during regular gameplay (in the beginning scene that I also used to capture those screenshots) and cutscenes. The cutscenes still drop into 20s though whenever there's a closeup on a face for some weird reason

Typical meltdowns, par for the course. Anyone else read that the op has gameplay in the 40s and 50s? What were people expecting? 1080p maxed, 120fps?

prudislav

Whats default K+M controls? And how did you managed to unlock it?? Both versions are still in preload stage for me on Uplay and my friend with steam version

Peterthumpa

With the drivers, and TXAA disabled (I'm on 4xMSAA) I get around 45-50fps during regular gameplay (in the beginning scene that I also used to capture those screenshots) and cutscenes. The cutscenes still drop into 20s though whenever there's a closeup on a face for some weird reason

Probably DoF.

xXBaconXx

Banned

That's pretty good considering how good the game looks. Have you tried without AA completely? I figured you might get away with some SweetFX SMAA in this game.

Is there a framelimiter-option in there? Whenever I use some external software to lock games at 30, they become incredibly janky and not dependable.

4xMSAA is pretty demanding too... does it not have temporal SMAA?

Ivieto

Banned
Looks like an upscaled vita game.

@stutte, I'm serious, that shot looks soooo damn bad! It's confusing me. And worrying.

Refreshing this page.

HAHAHA, I sometimes like coming to GAF to just see the most ridiculous and wrong opinions on videogames

Kezen

Banned
I hope you realize how well this runs considering you're talking about MSAA.
And in case you didn't know, MSAA=TXAA performance wise. TXAA adds a temporal component to MSAA.

That's pretty spectacular actually. MSAAx4 cuts the framerate in half.

If some people completely overestimate their PC this isn't Ubisoft's (or anyone's problem), let them moan and whine because they don't have the faintest idea as to what setting they're running. It will only highlight the ones who know better.

The problem is that more often than not these misinformed people set the tone of the thread and influence those who drop in to check out if the PC version is good or not. It really bothers me how everything is a "shit port" for some people, despite the fact that most of the time games run exactly as they should. Better than they should in fact, if one believes that coding to the metal and console optimizations provide huge benefits.

Alasfree

With the drivers, and TXAA disabled (I'm on 4xMSAA) I get around 45-50fps during regular gameplay (in the beginning scene that I also used to capture those screenshots) and cutscenes. They still drop into 20s though whenever there's a closeup on a face for some weird reason
The last patch says something about low performance in cutscenes.
Anyway 50fps with MSAA seem pretty good to me.

But seriously, no SMAA? C'mon.

d00d3n

When is the preload supposed to be up, and is there any chance of an early VPN unlock?

The Steam preload is up.

If you want to pre-load on PC, Steam version:

1. Use OpenVPN, connect to a Canadian server from vpngate (run OpenVPN as admin)
2. Start Steam and begin to preload the game
3. Quit Steam (I didn't pause the preload, but don't know if it matters)
4. Disconnect the VPN
5. Start Steam again
6. You will now be pre-loading in your full local speed

TXAA gets rid of almost all aliasing in return for slight blur, a tiny bit of downsampling on its own does very, very little to get rid of aliasing.

I see a lot of aliasing in this shot:

acu2014-11-1019-57-297cs0x.png

And that's on top of that muddy look TXAA gives. I'm not a fan of these screens in terms of IQ....

wiggleb0t

Banned
What is your cpu overclocked to?
Can you see how much cpu is being utilized across 4 cores or 8 threads if you have HT enabled?
Thanks

I want to hear from someone who has a below recommended spec. I have a 930 & a 670oc, and was assuming that the published recommended specs were bullshit! From op I am guessing not, though it could be that ubi coding has this game running bad on any spec pc.

ISee

Maybe the drop to the 20s in cutsceenes is because the game uses totaly different polygonmodells and higher Textures right at the moment? Or more tessellation? or it's just broken. Or I am just stupid.

How are your fps without any kind of AA? Just being curious.

And thx for the effort!

Top Bottom