• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins's Creed PS4 is now 1080p with AA.

Binabik15

Are those guys dissolving in the second first screen? Is that an Animus "feature"?

It's pretty obivious on my monitor which is which, but now the important part: did the framerate take a hit?

WarMacheen

Awesome, Those screens show a distinct difference. Not sure how anyone can claim to not be able to see the difference between 1080 and lower resolutions.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Huzzah! Interesting how they timed it with the PC release.

Obviously the screens aren't great because of the horrible Facebook compression but the difference is very noticable:

Before:
10948429066_6a2f989899_o.jpg

After:
10948526284_c046857640_o.jpg

10948594224_6172861b03_o.gif

10948724173_7ce36c0ed8_o.gif

MrMephistoX

Nice, probably going to buy this over the weekend now: I watched a Twitch Stream with Whale Hunting and was instantly sold!

Yes? My monitor's like 15 inches at work, can't see shit.

I'm on a 10.5" screen, but it's 1080p native and it was obvious even in the slightly scaled down versions of the screens I saw. Just save and open them up in something where you can scale them 1 pixel to 1 pixel. If it's your screen, I doubt day time shots will help.

Sean*O

Awesome! Will open the package today. Obvious that top shot is 1080 and bottom is 900.. but who is shadow particle man in that 1080 cap?

coldfoot

Banned
I just started up the game and took a screenshot the first instance you have control. Look at the rope ladder on the top right if you really can't tell which is which

kaskade

Nice, screens do look like there is a pretty noticeable difference. I thought it looks pretty good as is too. I love the look of the world.

Awesome. Will see how it looks later after work. Forgot about this update that was coming. I have previous screens which i will have to compare.

Krakn3Dfx

It's a 1080p patch folks, the differences are immediately noticable on my 70" TV.
Let's do a blind test to see if you can see it:

Wow, I'm blind as shit, and even I can see some pretty obvious differences in quality. Even just the light reflecting off the dude's arm in the middle of the shot is immediately more crisp.

Top Bottom