• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath - IGN Review

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
6666666666zpur3.png

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218975p1.html

prwxv3

i have an issue with the lasting appeal opinion.

I rather have a great 6hr experience than a 10-20hr drag.

I am going to have to agree with this. Skyward Sword would have been so much more enjoyable if the length was cut in half.

But in this case it looks like a good rent game or buy when its like 20 bucks.

People don't seem to realize it but 6 hours of excellence is pretty damn good. I tend to get bored of games that don't know their place and keep going on and on.

TEJ

People don't seem to realize it but 6 hours of excellence is pretty damn good. I tend to get bored of games that don't know their place and keep going on and on.

but according to the reviewer and the demo there's very little gameplay in this "game". That doesn't scream excellence to me.

Kacho

What a shame. A game with no replay value is hard to get behind at $60. I'll pick this up for $15-20.

i have an issue with the lasting appeal opinion.

I rather have a great 6hr experience than a 10-20hr drag.

Yep, wouldn't pay full price for it though.

10-20 hour great game: maybe full price if hyped enough
6 hour great game: wait for price drop
1-99 hour not so great game: wait for even bigger price drop

Duffyside

Banned
"Six hours for a full-price release just isn't acceptable, no matter how enjoyable those six hours are."

This might be the most damning thing a reviewer has ever said. Braid wasn't even six hours. Neither was Bioshock. What a moronic thing to say.

Kusagari

"Six hours for a full-price release just isn't acceptable, no matter how enjoyable those six hours are."

This might be the most damning thing a reviewer has ever said. Braid wasn't even six hours. Neither was Bioshock. What a moronic thing to say.

What? Who the hell beat BioShock in under six hours their first play through?

Braid also wasn't full price.

Also, Bioshock wasn't super long but I definitely remember it taking more than five hours.

Seems like a fair, level-headed review. I'll probably buy it at some point, but not at full price, and not during this crowded release window of Vita/Downpour/SSX/Mass Effect 3/Journey.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Braid was $10-15
Bioshock is a 15 hour game...

80% of Asura's Wrath is cutscenes, so in those 6 hours you get like 90 minutes of actual game.

ironcreed

Banned
Based on the demo, I think the gameplay (or lack thereof) is an abomination, but I will still Gamefly it for the whole 'WTF' experience it is sure to provide.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll definitely play the game when it goes down in price. I love CC2, and I want to support them, but I just can't buy this at full price.

After playing the demo, I feel this type of game is a $40 dollar kind of game. I will get it with a price drop. I do want to "play" through it.

Kusagari

I still have no faith in this game. The gameplay 'opened up' in part 2 of the demo and it was one of the most atrocious combat systems I've ever seen in an action game.

Top Bottom