• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari assets up for sale (incl. Rollercoaster Tycoon, Test Drive, Total Annihilation)

Game Guru

No old TSR or D&D licenses?

All the Atari games made using the Dungeons & Dragons licenses are currently owned by Hasbro, owners of Dungeons & Dragons via subsidiary Wizards of the Coast, as per GOG's deal which led to their rerelease. One can see this perfectly because the DnD CRPGs are listed as being published by Hasbro rather than Atari.

okiemok

Interesting that Test Drive and RC haven't been auctioned yet, are they part of a different auction, or did noone just hit their minimums?

I posted upstream, but to make it a little clearer - last week was auction week. Stuff got auctioned every day last week I think. They also were "selling" some collection of 'minor' titles - though it was unclear how.

The list posted is the stuff I believe was on sale last Friday. There are several big items sold on the other days that we do not know about, like the "Atari classic games" collection, which entry bid was well over a million.

I think all of the sales are reviewed by the presiding judge on Friday, then we should know the whole list.

Purkake4

Banned
All the Atari games made using the Dungeons & Dragons licenses are currently owned by Hasbro, owners of Dungeons & Dragons via subsidiary Wizards of the Coast, as per GOG's deal which led to their rerelease. One can see this perfectly because the DnD CRPGs are listed as being published by Hasbro rather than Atari.
Aww, ok thanks.

Top Bottom