• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Arland Trilogy is coming to PS4,Switch

sublimit

Banned
Only Japan for now but i'm sure they will come to the West as well. Hopefully physical versions too.
Gust has announced Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland DX, Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland DX, and Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland DX for PlayStation 4 and Switch. All three titles will launch both physically and digitally on September 20 in Japan for 4,800 yen each.
Each game will include the downloadable content originally released for that title. Copies of the physical version will include a download code for that game’s original soundtrack.
https://gematsu.com/2018/07/atelier...nd-atelier-meruru-dx-announced-for-ps4-switch

Announcement trailer (from 1:37:40 to 1:38:10).

Damnit I have the big box collectors editions for PS3 still sealed. This is going to tank their value!
ill still buy them on the Switch if they come over

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Three full-size games on one cartridge, or am I misunderstanding?

I've always viewed the Aterlier series fondly but from a distance, since the only game I've played in the series was Atelier Iris 3 on PS2. Does Mana Khemia count as well?

Anyway, this sounds like an absurd amount of content crammed into one retail package. I might finally dive into the series.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I've been wanting to go full weeb with something like this. Is this a good series?
How's the writing? combat system and effects?
I don't need super fancy graphics, I got a rig and the games for that, so I'm not going to be anal about it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I've been wanting to go full weeb with something like this. Is this a good series?
How's the writing? combat system and effects?
I don't need super fancy graphics, I got a rig and the games for that, so I'm not going to be anal about it.

The writing is great, IMO. Very casual/relaxing that focuses more on characters than a world-ending threat. That idea continues into the rest of the game. The combat is very simplistic, but it works. The focus of the game is its crafting systems and the time mechanic.

redknightalex

Neo Member
Of course today is the day I happened to start my years-old download of the trilogy for Vita... There must be something to this series that has kept it going for so long, I just need to play one to figure it out.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Three full-size games on one cartridge, or am I misunderstanding?

I've always viewed the Aterlier series fondly but from a distance, since the only game I've played in the series was Atelier Iris 3 on PS2. Does Mana Khemia count as well?

Anyway, this sounds like an absurd amount of content crammed into one retail package. I might finally dive into the series.
Nope. Japan lists them as 3 different games.

So like 50-60 bucks each.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
The writing is great, IMO. Very casual/relaxing that focuses more on characters than a world-ending threat. That idea continues into the rest of the game. The combat is very simplistic, but it works. The focus of the game is its crafting systems and the time mechanic.
I appreciate the time you took to reply. Thank you. I'll consider grabbing one of these. I want a change of pace.

I just bought Atelier Lydie & Suelle for Switch yesterday, my first look at this franchise. If I like it, good to know more may be on the way.

Top Bottom