• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus 3DS delayed?

L~A

Edit

It's now official: http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/3ds/info/index.html

Spring is the new "date". Exact date to be announced at a later date.

Now that doesn't sound too good. According to online retailer Fammys, the release of Atelier Rorona Plus on 3DS has been delayed, and from the looks of it, no new date was given.

3DSソフト「新・ロロナのアトリエ はじまりの物語~アーランドの錬金術士~」の発売日が変更となりました。

変更前 2015年3月26日 → 変更後 未定

ご予約のお客様には順次、ご連絡を入れさせていただきます。
ご迷惑をお掛けし、申し訳ございません。
ご了承の程、よろしくお願い致します。

Only source is that online retailer, as Koei-Tecmo hasn't made any announcement so far. Seems likely though, and pretty wise I think: March 26th is basically Death Week for minor releases like that one, there's just too much coming out at once.

Source

Eusis

They would have had at least an excuse, now it will bomb without competition lol....
On one hand I have to assume the games are reasonably reliable sellers and would probably do OK, especially when likely on a modest budget.

On the other hand this is the third version of what sounds like the weakest entry since the series moved to PS3, and while the second version did make it enjoyable one has to question how worthwhile it is to bother.

And it's not that previous portings / remakes sold that well. Atelier Rorona + sold 18k on PSV and 16k on PS3. Atelier Ayesha Plus sold just 13k on PSV.

Eusis

And it's not that previous portings / remakes sold that well. Atelier Rorona + sold 18k on PSV and 16k on PS3. Atelier Ayesha Plus sold just 13k on PSV.
I have to imagine those are acceptable numbers, or Gust is kind of insane. Might explain being bought by TK though, and definitely rationalizes DD-only international releases despite the fact that given their size they're in some ways the least suited for it.

I have to imagine those are acceptable numbers, or Gust is kind of insane. Might explain being bought by TK though, and definitely rationalizes DD-only international releases despite the fact that given their size they're in some ways the least suited for it.

Yeah, that's why I don't think they will expect huge numbers for this game. A 10k LTD might even be ok lol

Top Bottom