• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlantic Hurricane season 2017 |OT|

pestul

WNW now at 285

SUMMARY OF 400 PM EDT...2000 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...23.3N 80.4W
ABOUT 125 MI...205 KM SE OF KEY WEST FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...125 MPH...205 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 285 DEGREES AT 9 MPH...15 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...938 MB...27.70 INCHES
Pressure is falling again.. and wow @ that latest Euro ensemble. It could go all the way to the panhandle.

4mb drop between passes.

recon_NOAA2-2711A-IRMA.png

sflufan

Banned
SUMMARY OF 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION
LOCATION...23.4N 80.5W
ABOUT 50 MI...80 KM ENE OF VARADERO CUBA
ABOUT 115 MI...190 KM SE OF KEY WEST FLORIDA
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 295 DEGREES AT 9 MPH...15 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...933 MB...27.55 INCHES

dabig2

Looks like it's getting ready to start peeling off Cuba. I see the pressure has dropped 5 mb since the last update at 4. Winds staying steady for now.

pulsemyne

SUMMARY OF 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION
LOCATION...23.4N 80.5W
ABOUT 50 MI...80 KM ENE OF VARADERO CUBA
ABOUT 115 MI...190 KM SE OF KEY WEST FLORIDA
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 295 DEGREES AT 9 MPH...15 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...933 MB...27.55 INCHES

Once it got clear of Cuba and hit the hot water this was bound to happen. I think we will probably see 920 on landfall with winds likely around 145mph. There's just an awful lot of jet fuel out there for it.

Griss

Snuck into this hotel as I heard they had emergency generator and somehow, wifi. No other access, no water, power, internet. Proper update will have to wait.

All okay, all safe. My house made it our 100 percent okay. I have survivors guilt as the people I was staying with lost their roof and their house is unlivable. They'll stay with me for now.

3 staff lost roofs, one while inside and nearly got sucked out. Harrowing. Containers lifted and dumped on cars, roofs in middle of roads. Proper cat 4 or 5 stuff.

But no one died, the store opened for 4 hours emergency provisions today, everyone is working their asses off and spirits are high because a last minute wobble saved us from the oblivion we had resigned ourselves to.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and thoughts and prayers. We're facing two months of hard work and possibly two months without power in spots but we'll get through it.

Snuck into this hotel as I heard they had emergency generator and somehow, wifi. No other access, no water, power, internet. Proper update will have to wait.

All okay, all safe. My house made it our 100 percent okay. I have survivors guilt as the people I was staying with lost their roof and their house is unlivable. They'll stay with me for now.

3 staff lost roofs, one while inside and nearly got sucked out. Harrowing. Containers lifted and dumped on cars, roofs in middle of roads. Proper cat 4 or 5 stuff.

But no one died, the store opened for 4 hours emergency provisions today, everyone is working their asses off and spirits are high because a last minute wobble saved us from the oblivion we had resigned ourselves to.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and thoughts and prayers. We're facing two months of hard work and possibly two months without power in spots but we'll get through it.

Glad to hear.

MrJames

Good to hear from you, Griss.

Par Score

Glad to hear from you Griss, and glad things went about as well as could be hoped considering the conditions :)

Really happy to hear you're safe!

You survived a category 5 hurricane. Absolute legend.

So glad you're alive, sincerely.

pulsemyne

From models I'm seeing it's like mostly missing South FL now? So just storm surge over there?

No it's still going to get battered. The hurricane is massive in size. Also reports of tornados coming in as well (can happen with hurricanes, in fact andrew spawned ones which did a lot of damage).

Heard a lot about you. Just thank God you are still here with us! I am waiting for Irma here in FL.

Barzul

Glad you're safe. This hurricane is no joke.

Glad to read you made it out ok Griss!
Wish you luck!

akileese

That sounds like an absolutely haunting experience. I'm glad everyone made it out alive. Houses can be rebuilt but people can't.

Alright! Good to hear from you!

My wife who didn't even post here was worried sick, lol.

Top Bottom