• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces "Persona Special Stage" for TGS 2015

Illucio

Banned
I was so excited, but all the impressions I've seen from people who've imported is basically that it's more MMO and less story. That's not at all what I want from a Xenoblade sequel. Cool for those who are into that, but I'll be waiting for impressions of the western version before I commit money to it. If it turns out to not be that, I'll be the first to eat my crow.

Is it really? The main reason why the game was such a hit was because of it's story. It's downfalls came from the MMO-side in terms of grinding, boring side quests, and time wasting tasks. IMO

.... You're making me consider canceling my pre-order with this small bit of info...

Persona 5 release date needs to be November/December...

Jazz573

I still find it pretty funny that people actually think Persona 5 will release in 2015.

So, Atlus is lying then? I'm holding them to their word. If they've repeatedly said it's going to release in 2015, then it's going to be 2015. I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to just trust them.

TI82

Banned
I was so excited, but all the impressions I've seen from people who've imported is basically that it's more MMO and less story. That's not at all what I want from a Xenoblade sequel. Cool for those who are into that, but I'll be waiting for impressions of the western version before I commit money to it. If it turns out to not be that, I'll be the first to eat my crow.

Same man. Sounds like we have similar taste (seeing as how we are both in here) so I can message you my impressions in December?

Ray Down

Banned
I still find it pretty funny that people actually think Persona 5 will release in 2015.

I'll have a big plate of crow for you and a terrible avatar for you when I win my bet. :)

Trying to think of shitty character for it, Sakura, Sasuke, Tsuna still thinking of a choice.

4Tran

Reading people saying "worldwide release" confuses me because I know some of you mean "JAP/NA" and others legitimately mean "all regions" lol

I personally won't put it out of the picture, but as a European to my fellow Europeans I say: do no get your hopes up.
:(
Doesn't this mostly come down to Atlus only having a North American localization team and no distribution capabilities in Europe? While I understand why European fans aren't happy about this, I'm not sure why people blame Atlus for it. Anyways, P4 Arena Ultimax was published by Sega in Europe. If they do this for Persona 5 as well, then it can come out shortly after the North American release date.

Without any evidence to the contrary, doesn't it make more sense to take Atlus at their word? As far as I can tell, they don't exactly have a history of blatantly lying about release dates.

SephLuis

So, Atlus is lying then? I'm holding them to their word. If they've repeatedly said it's going to release in 2015, then it's going to be 2015. I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to just trust them.

This. If they thought it would launch in 2016 because of any possible delay or anything the like, I guess they wouldn't be so direct saying they will launch in 15.

Without any evidence to the contrary, doesn't it make more sense to take Atlus at their word? As far as I can tell, they don't exactly have a history of blatantly lying about release dates...

again: no one's talking about 'blatant lying'. they're just talking about missed deadlines - which, in game development, happen all the time...

yami4ct

Same man. Sounds like we have similar taste (seeing as how we are both in here) so I can message you my impressions in December?

Sure. I'll probably be poking around the Xenoblade threads once it releases, so I'll probably see you there. Feel free to throw me your impressions in a PM if you want, though. I'm definitely interested to hear what people think of that game. It seems like a weird one.

RocBase

I'll have a big plate of crow for you and a terrible avatar for you when I win my bet. :)

Trying to think of shitty character for it, Sakura, Sasuke, Tsuna still thinking of a choice.

How about Shadow the Hedgehog?

Or Yukari to keep it Persona related
smiley_smug.gif

4Tran

They previously announced it would be in Winter 2014. This is a completely different situation than P3 and 4.
That was a very early target date before they had even decided to release on PS4. Also bear in mind that Atlus only held onto the Winter 2014 data until February 2014 - it's a farcry holding onto a date as close as we are now.

again: no one's talking about 'blatant lying'. they're just talking about missed deadlines - which, in game development, happen all the time...
Sure they happen, but there's literally no indication that it's happening in this case. The question isn't "Is a delay possible?", but "Is a delay likely?"

yami4ct

That was a very early target date before they had even decided to release on PS4. Also bear in mind that Atlus only held onto the Winter 2014 data until February 2014 - it's a farcry holding onto a date as close as we are now.

There's also the fact that Atlus US has been repeatedly saying the 2015 date as well. If they were even close to missing the 2015 date in Japan, I imagine Atlus US would've known quite a bit ahead of time that they had no chance to make it for the US. I feel like they would've gone more cagey if they were going to miss it.

Weiss

Banned
Might as well bring the Persona GAF avatar bet here too. Post with #InHardinWeTrust if you think Persona 5 will come out in both Japan and North America before January 1st, 2016. Post with #TeamRuin otherwise.

Losers will be branded with an avatar design for a month after the confirmation of Persona 5's release date.

#InHardinWeTrust

Dantis
Olengie
PK Gaming
Weiss
NichM
BRSxIgnition
QuadOpto
KenjiGlove
yuuki
Setsu00
ColossalLazy
TheMrPliskin
Zareka
Tamanon
Vox Chaotica
Ludger Kresnik
Kozmos
artsi
sakuori
StarSketch
Makio
MorningStar
_Ryo_
Zyrox
Dreamcast
MSMrRound
AtlusPrime
DNAbro
Sophia
Gooch: the Destroyer
Ultimate_Trainer
mrjohill
RocBase
SephLuis
yami4ct
QuiteWhittle
Psycho Mantis
Jigorath
MrFrankFontaine
Maxios
tintin1029
Ray Down
silver.tongue
Bousf
Lunar15
kayos90
Zolo
GloriousBagel
105.Will
Primethius
Cannon_Fodder
sector4
Jotamide
Son of Sparda
silva1991
Martylepiaf
Cotton Wolf
Darksol

#TeamRuin

CorvoSol
properpropaganda
MudoSkills
DryEyeRelief
Yomidi
orthodoxy1095
Swedesu
Dedication Through Light
Acquiescence
Dragonslayer_023
Tinfoilhatsron
The Last Wizard

FluxWaveZ

Atlus Japan delayed Persona 5 from Winter 2014 to 2015 on September 1st, 2014. Atlus USA always had the 2015 release year.

yami4ct

#InHardinWeTrust

I totally forgot to pay up on my last MangaGaf avatar bet. Won't happen this time, I promise.

Are the losers' avatars changed to Marie? Gotta make an avatar bet really sting to lose.

I like Marie alright as a character. Not enough to make my avatar her, but I wouldn't be embarrassed to have my avatar be her either. Needs to be something harsher.

I'm cautiously optimistic (the Summer of Dreams cracks my bittered JRPG fan hide) but if not, eh. I'll give them the XSEED treatment of "payment upon services rendered and good luck to you".

Might as well bring the Persona GAF avatar bet here too. Post with #InHardinWeTrust if you think Persona 5 will come out before January 1st, 2016. Post with #TeamRuin otherwise.

Losers will be branded with an avatar design for a month after the confirmation of Persona 5's release date.

#InHardinWeTrust

Dantis
Olengie
PK Gaming
Weiss
NichM
BRSxIgnition
QuadOpto
KenjiGlove
yuuki
Setsu00
ColossalLazy
TheMrPliskin
Zareka
Tamanon
Vox Chaotica
Ludger Kresnik
Kozmos
artsi
sakuori
StarSketch
Makio
MorningStar
_Ryo_
Zyrox
Dreamcast
MSMrRound
AtlusPrime
DNAbro
Sophia
Gooch: the Destroyer
Ultimate_Trainer
#TeamRuin

CorvoSol
properpropaganda
MudoSkills
DryEyeRelief
Yomidi
orthodoxy1095
Swedesu

Are the losers' avatars changed to Marie? Gotta make an avatar bet really sting to lose.

#InHardinWeTrust

Going to give them the benefit of the doubt. It is concerning that we haven't had much info on the game. Hoping next week provides answers to release date(s) as well as a new trailer.

Can't freakin wait for this game.

I mean I'd technically be on teamruin but then I'm in Europe so that's self explanatory as to why I don't think it'll be out here this year.

Also I don't have the balls to do an avatar bet because then people would know I was wrong about something, and frankly, the shock could kill them.

RocBase

So just to be clear, confirmation of P5's release date means it being physically released, and not just Atlus announcing the release date?

Because technically they could confirm a release date for December this year but come December it gets delayed next year.

Weiss

Banned
#InHardinWeTrust

At least the JP version, bet text not specific enough.

So just to be clear, confirmation of P5's release date means it being physically released, and not just Atlus announcing the release date?

Because technically they could confirm a release date for December this year but come December it gets delayed next year.

I'll specify that. The bet is for the confirmation of a release date in North America within 2015.

Bousf

Doesn't this mostly come down to Atlus only having a North American localization team and no distribution capabilities in Europe? While I understand why European fans aren't happy about this, I'm not sure why people blame Atlus for it. Anyways, P4 Arena Ultimax was published by Sega in Europe. If they do this for Persona 5 as well, then it can come out shortly after the North American release date.
I actually don't blame them, I just make the remark that, whoever's fault it is, Europe gets screwed over, and it's not cool xD

Also: #InHardinWeTrust :p

We believe in you Hardin, don't fail us!! (if you do at least there will be a big bunch of people sharing avatar with me lol)

Under normal circumstances I would be certain that by now the game would be a 2016 release, but the fact that Atlus has gone out of their way, multiple times leading up to this point to reiterate that its coming out 2015 makes me more hopeful. I feel that most developers getting closer and closer to the end of the release window usually just stay silent on the matter until its blatently obvious that they need to address a change in release date. They last time they confirmed was late august.

Andrefpvs

I'm confused by this post. If not Atlus, who else should we blame for their lack of European distribution capabilities?

Ultimately, it's Atlus that is not investing in Europe, so their chronic situation with Europe is on them.

(Unless you're talking exclusively about Atlus USA, and forgot to make the distinction between Atlus Japan and Atlus USA).

Might as well bring the Persona GAF avatar bet here too. Post with #InHardinWeTrust if you think Persona 5 will come out in both Japan and North America before January 1st, 2016. Post with #TeamRuin otherwise.

#InHardinWeTrust

Sign me up for team #InHardinWeTrust

RPGCrazied

Hopefully Persona can make up for the seemingly disappointing Xenoblade X.

Nah, what I got from some impressions is that it just has less story than Xenoblade on the Wii. Its still has a good one, but not as much. The gameplay is literally just like the first game, but now you get mech battles.

If you liked the first game on the WIi, you should have no problem with this game. It really is more of the same, not to mention its prettier to look at.

Top Bottom