• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces Trauma Team (Wii) Spring 2010

jj984jj said:
Looks more like Persona 3/4's style than Second Opinion, probably to help sales in Japan. It's also been rebranded Hospital there, it has Caduceus nowhere in the title like the first 4 games did. That is tentative but I think these changes are being made to help it there too.
I remember first seeing the change in Second Opinion from generic animu to Soejima's art and being pretty thrown off at first, but it's honestly a much better style. It's pretty crazy going from UTK1 with its rather budget presentation and menus to UTK2, which looks ten times more professional and polished.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1224475_1407.html

28hfxqr.jpg
2589w9i.jpg
r8iijo.jpg

2cny2d4.jpg
2nld2s7.jpg
2d6nudw.jpg

Maria is going after the Chie look. The prisoner's clothes are sort of funny.

ethelred

I liked Trauma Center and Second Opinion, but just didn't really have any interest in Trauma Center 2 or New Blood. Still... I guess they might be doing enough new stuff with this one that I think I'll get it when it comes out here next year.

EmCeeGramr said:
I remember first seeing the change in Second Opinion from generic animu to Soejima's art and being pretty thrown off at first, but it's honestly a much better style. It's pretty crazy going from UTK1 with its rather budget presentation and menus to UTK2, which looks ten times more professional and polished.

It wasn't Soejima.

EmCeeGramr said:
I'M TALKING ABOUT MY SEMEN, WHICH WAS EJACULATED FROM MY PENIS AT THE SIGHT OF THESE SCREENSHOTS.

That's impossible since you don't own a penis.

Anyway, yeah that one doctor reminds me of Spike Spiegel XD

Johann said:
It might be a magical toothpick... with magical cigarette ash falling out of it.

Why do I get the feeling I've seen the characters before.
60sd_lollipop1.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
hockeypuck said:
A ton of doctors from Asian countries regularly smoke. They don't give a shit.

Hmm... true. I recall seeing a dentist who smoke on free time. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Anyway, back on the game - I still can't understand why people force Motion+ on this game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'd love for the series to get rid of the medical sci-fi bullshit :(
Always wanted a "real" only TC game, that would be really appealing to me... this? Not so much sadly, plus I've got TC:New Blood already and it's still wrapped

Dash Kappei said:
I'd love for the series to get rid of the medical sci-fi bullshit :(
Always wanted a "real" only TC game, that would be really appealing to me... this? Not so much sadly, plus I've got TC:New Blood already and it's still wrapped
New Blood has more "normal" surgeries than the other games combined.

billy.sea

Banned
Isn't the name "Hospital" use to indicate that the game will include more of the hospital than just the trauma center?

"Trauma Team" sounds even narrower than "Trauma Center"

The game is looking really good. Yet another game to justify a Wii purchase. I need clarification however; Atlus USA doesn't actually develop games right? I thought I read that they are in charge mainly of localizations and things like this, where Atlus Japan does the developing?

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
The game is looking really good. Yet another game to justify a Wii purchase. I need clarification however; Atlus USA doesn't actually develop games right? I thought I read that they are in charge mainly of localizations and things like this, where Atlus Japan does the developing?
Yeah, Atlus USA is strictly a publisher. They publish more than just their parent company's games, though.

EmCeeGramr said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn_9j7O9D3c&hd=1

Interview, you can see the game.

Wish they'd release the trailer.
Thank you for the link!

God, I can't wait to play this game! It's going to be sooooo awesome! :D I am slightly sad that Aram made it sound like there'd be no sci-fi stuff...he said, "we tried to make it as grounded and real as possible..." :(

And, yeah, why hasn't Atlus shown that footage? DO IT!

dragonlife29 said:
Yeah, Atlus USA is strictly a publisher. They publish more than just their parent company's games, though.

Slightly off topic, but god, do I love them for that. I was actually about to pull the trigger on Demon's Souls, then, in a flash, Atlus USA steps in when Sony didn't.

nny

Just got an email with a new video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH3xoPpoZOQ

Feast your eyes on the premiere video of Trauma Team, the evolution of the medical entertainment game!

The makers of the acclaimed medical action series Trauma Center blow the genre wide open with Trauma Team for Wii™, bringing not one, but six exciting and creative gameplay modes! Play as a general surgeon, diagnostician, EMT, orthopedic surgeon, endoscope technician, or medical examiner. With improved game balance and a completely original approach to story cutscenes, Trauma Team delivers the thrills and drama of the best medical entertainment.

Available Spring 2010.

I like the specialities, more variety is good (and I didn't see any alien virus, so I'm happy).

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
It's nice to see them pimping this, but I wish that vid was more than just some artwork and assets thrown into a video reel.

That said, day 1.

Guled said:
this looks awesome, but I wish is was for DS instead.
I feel like they've taken it as far as they can for the DS. Under the Knife 2 was such a step down in presentation from New Blood.

I seem to do better with the pointer than I have with the stylus, too.

nny

Also, we got to know that the patient with the cracked skull is an example of forensics specialty...I guess saving that guy is a stretch even for these games ;P

forensics.jpg

Top Bottom