• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus: "Fans will be happy" about Persona teaser site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Argh so far away...

hoping for Persona 5 on PS4 personally. But I think that's most of us.

I'll also accept Persona 5 on Vita. Prefer not on 3DS but... so be it if so.

tumblr_mrm11b1xun1spp58zs0.jpg

P2.jpg

VXLbeast

I just don't know what I'll do if it isn't Persona 5.

People are still thinking 3DS?

I don't see it anywhere but PS3. Maybe PS4, but I doubt that.

I doubt very much many people actually believe this. It's just an easy way to get a rise out of people/get attention.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Persona 3(DS) Ultimate please. Or Persona 5 of course. Still the Japanese town names make me suspicious. Makes it hard to think it'll really be a game announcement

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why will they hint at a 3DS Persona through an interview on a Sony website?

My take:
Persona 5 PS3/PS4/Vita
Persona 3 FES Vita

Persona 5 PS3/PS4 is what I expect or want at the least. (360 + XB1). Next gen ersions will be ports with better reso and frame rate etc but Atlus need to start development on next gen early then before.

-MB-

Since this is from the japanese playstation community, it is pretty obvious it will be on a Sony platform.

Velcro Fly

Thinking further this better be a Persona 5 announcement. I need to know if I should be buying a PS3 on black friday or if I can safely stand pat with my Vita.

Asd202

Persona 5 PS3/PS4 is what I expect or want at the least. (360 + XB1). Next gen ersions will be ports with better reso and frame rate etc but Atlus need to start development on next gen early then before.

Imo PS4 and xbone are out of the question. Japan is not keen on jumping to next gen and the sales of that consoles in 2014 will be rather low (in Japan) and let's not forget we're talking about Atlus here which released a PS2 exclusive game in 2008.

Imo PS4 and xbone are out of the question. Japan is not keen on jumping to next gen and the sales of that consoles in 2014 will be rather low (in Japan) and let's not forget we're talking about Atlus here which released a PS2 exclusive game in 2008.

All the big Japanese pubs have at least 1 next gen announced so they are embracing next gen far quicker than last time. Whether sales are mediocre or good remains to be seen but the entire point is that the same situation does not repeat. By putting their games on both gens it could mean much better sales overall.

Asd202

All the big Japanese pubs have at least 1 next gen announced so they are embracing next gen far quicker than last time. Whether sales are mediocre or good remains to be seen but the entire point is that the same situation does not repeat. By putting their games on both gens it could mean much better sales overall.

Atlus is not big and it just got bought. Besides Persona was never about technical prowess I don't think P5 will be any different in that regard. There also a question if P5 will be announced when it's going to release. PS4 launches in february so if they plan to release P5 in spring porting it to PS4 would seem risky cause you don't know how it will sell. Also did Namco announced any games for PS4?

Drek

Safe bet: Persona 5 for PS360.

I'd say Persona is a prime example where a 360 port won't pay for itself. The 360 is non-existent in Japan where the series does most of it's sales and any non-Japanese gamer interested in the franchise likely owns a PS3 for other Japanese exclusives they wanted to play.

PS3/Vita would make a lot of sense though. The cost to port would be pretty low since Sony has software tools specifically designed to aid the process. Sony would likely help with the port to add to the Vita's library. The VitaTV would give an ideal gateway to get sales out of people who've faded from gaming post-PS2 but still have passing interest in the franchise. That would probably be the best path to maximize sales.

Drek

Atlus just got bought and P5 has likely been in the works for a few years now. They're going to get it out the door as their first big profit maker post-purchase.

If it was at all viable without compromising the core game I'd imagine they'd try a PS3/Vita/3DS release, but since the 3DS falls so incredibly short on horsepower compared to the PS3/Vita tandem it wouldn't really be viable. They likely already have a significant amount of time and money invested in PS3 assets and code so that is likely a given.

Atlus is not big and it just got bought. Besides Persona was never about technical prowess I don't think P5 will be any different in that regard. There also a question if P5 will be announced when it's going to release. PS4 launches in february so if they plan to release P5 in spring porting it to PS4 would seem risky cause you don't know how it will sell. Also did Namco announced any games for PS4?

You said Japan is not keen on jumping and I replied saying most of the big jap pubs have already jumped on board. I never said Atlus were a big pub. Please keep up.

PS4 sku could just be a upres version of the PS3 SKU. Doesn't need to be built up for the PS4 lol.

Namco has announced Gundam, and Idolm@ster.

Well there is Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei coming next year.

Maybe Persona 5 will be on Wii U?

lol. Looking at the Japanese third party release schedule on WiiU and its sales........I highly doubt it. The reason it would be on 360 would be for western sales but the WiiU doesn't even have that so theres more chance of a 360 sku than a WiiU one.

Shinta

Banned
lol. Looking at the Japanese third party release schedule on WiiU and its sales........I highly doubt it. The reason it would be on 360 would be for western sales but the WiiU doesn't even have that so theres more chance of a 360 sku than a WiiU one.

Sega likes to work with Nintendo, and so does Atlus. I don't know why you think it's so impossible. Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei kind of invalidates what you're saying.

Tamanon

Banned
Sega likes to work with Nintendo, and so does Atlus. I don't know why you think it's so impossible. Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei kind of invalidates what you're saying.

SMT x FE was announced before it turned out that not many people want a WiiU.

First Persona 3 movie is coming out soon in Japan right?

So maybe something HD-remake/Vita related to that?

Or a full proper P5 teaser for PS3/X360/Vita(?). Nothing next gen I'm guessing.

Nevertheless full hype for this.

Shinta

Banned
And IntSys is making it. Nintendo will probably publish it in every territory, too. It's basically a first-party title.

But if they're pushing a first party title that might generate a bit of an audience for Persona games on Wii U, maybe it would make sense to try porting Persona 5 to Wii U also? They don't need SMT to generate interest in Fire Emblem, but likely the other way around.

I'm not saying its a lock or anything, just thought it was an interesting possibility.

fertygo

I'm not gonna surprised if they announce to cancel that SMT x FE by anytime tbh, or redo the plan for 3DS. Silly project anyway.

I'm not gonna surprised if they announce to cancel that SMT x FE by anytime tbh, or redo the plan for 3DS. Silly project anyway.

? What so silly about the project? And redo what plan for 3DS?

Correction:

Sega likes to put Sonic on Nintendo systems and Atlus likes working SMT/EO games on the 3DS. FExSMT is pretty much a first party title since Intelligent systems are handling it and Nintendo will be publishing it.

Indeed with this and the FE X SMT4 $30 credit promotion that Nintendo did , there is always a chance Nintendo asked Atlus help port P5 to Wiiu. Lower chance than an Xbox360 port but still a decent one.

Correction:

Sega likes to put Sonic on Nintendo systems and Atlus likes working SMT/EO games on the 3DS. FExSMT is pretty much a first party title since Intelligent systems are handling it and Nintendo will be publishing it.

But if they're pushing a first party title that might generate a bit of an audience for Persona games on Wii U, maybe it would make sense to try porting Persona 5 to Wii U also? They don't need SMT to generate interest in Fire Emblem, but likely the other way around.

I'm not saying its a lock or anything, just thought it was an interesting possibility.

Persona 5 will come out way before FExSMT. P3 got announced in March and released in June. Same with P4. If P5 gets announced in November it will be out by May at latest.

Lots of things are possibilities. Its more important to look at probabilities than possibilities.

Squire

Banned

Oh, until they actually show it I don't even really believe it's still happening to be honest with you. We have a few dev comments and a trailer with stock art that looks like it was made in PowerPoint.

fertygo

? What so silly about the project? And redo what plan for 3DS?
What that making sense for this crossover? Who even ask for this.
Nothing, Even with zillion spin-off of SMT, still nothing. That Namco random crossover RPG game still making much more sense than this. Or if the world end tomorrow and S-Enix announcing FF X Tales: Dissdia, its still making more sense.

And I love SMT and Fire Emblem.
Oh, until they actually show it I don't even really believe it's still happening to be honest with you. We have a few dev comments and a trailer with stock art that looks like it was made in PowerPoint.

Still sounds so random for me to remember this is a thing.

Squire

Banned
How fast are Atlus' localizations? I mean Europe always gets the shit end of the stick(still no SMT4), so importing is always easier.

5-6 months, if that. SMTIV took like two months. They obviously cut to the chase and started on it early. I see no reason not to expect the same from P5. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a simultaneous launch.

Squishy3

What that making sense for this crossover? Who even ask for this.
Nothing, Even with zillion spin-off of SMT, still nothing. That Namco random crossover RPG game still making much more sense than this. Or if the world end tomorrow and S-Enix announcing FF X Tales: Dissdia, its still making more sense.

And I love SMT and Fire Emblem.

Still sounds so random for me to remember this is a thing.
It'll probably be a better game than Project X Zone, because it likely won't have encounters that take an hour each without being difficult at all because every enemy just gets ridiculous amounts of HP as you go on through the game and your overall damage remains the same relative to the huge HP bars.

Atlus has given more exclusive and original support to Nintendo in the past few years than to anyone else. They seem pretty cozy in bed together for SMTxFE with things like the $30 giveaway for buying both 3DS games. SMTxFE was officially announced for all regions. More than we can say for P5. I don't see any reason to doubt SMTxFE.

Dantis

Atlus has given more exclusive and original support to Nintendo in the past few years than to anyone else. They seem pretty cozy in bed together for SMTxFE with things like the $30 giveaway for buying both 3DS games. SMTxFE was officially announced for all regions. More than we can say for P5. I don't see any reason to doubt SMTxFE.

...Whilst excluding Nintendo platforms from anything related to the Persona team (Their biggest team).

Nintendo have gotten all the weird little projects from smaller teams. The team that made Trauma Center was bloody tiny.

Neoxon

I'm gonna say Persona 5 on PS3 for certain, and maybe Wii U & Vita.

- PS3 is an obvious choice, and Atlus usually waits a good long while before working on next gen tech
- The Vita version wouldn't be hard to port given Sony's open stance on helping with that
- Atlus is already working with Nintendo on SMTxFE, and have a working engine on the Wii U. Plus the positive relationship they have with Nintendo.

dan2026

Isn't the 3DS the most popular gaming machine in Japan?

If the next big Persona game is anywhere, it will be there.

Neoxon

Yes, but Atlus has literally been sitting on an HD engine for years, working on it, refining it. The 3DS wouldn't be able to handle it unless they used the SMT4 engine.

Dantis

By this logic, every game out of Japan should be on the 3DS.

Not to mention the various indications that it's a full console title.

I'm gonna say Persona 5 on PS3 for certain, and maybe Wii U & Vita.

- PS3 is an obvious choice, and Atlus usually waits a good long while before working on next gen tech
- The Vita version wouldn't be hard to port given Sony's open stance on helping with that
- Atlus is already working with Nintendo on SMTxFE, and have a working engine on the Wii U. Plus the positive relationship they have with Nintendo.

I don't think they have the man-power to develop a Vita version simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom