• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA announces Devil Survivor 2 (DS, 2012) and KoF XIII (PS3/360, Oct 25 2011)

bucklam66

Stumpokapow said:
Atlus USA isn't a developer. They don't develop games. So to announce games, someone else needs to develop them. That company is Atlus, who wouldn't announce games via English language press release. You will hear about Atlus games in development via Japanese magazines or websites.

I get that and I know my statement doesn't really even belong on this thread.

Shadow780

THANK YOU BASED ATLUS!

fatguywooxp87.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I hope they show the new stuff on the website. At least game modes and such.

matmanx1

DS2 - DO WANT! KFXIII - Not sure if want. It looks much improved but I've never been a huge series fan. Still, good job Atlus!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No need to DS2 Vs KOFXIII

If duckroll or any other mod is cool with it we could make a new thread for the KOFXIII announcement.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
General Shank-a-snatch said:
That's a very nice way of putting it.

(^_^)

7Th said:
You're right, I'm just saying that there is a real reason DS2 is first in the thread title.

I do feel bad for totally falling over the RPG announcement from a company MOSTLY known for their RPGs, lol. This is a very odd thread!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay, coming back down to Earth now. If the online in KOF XIII isn't fantastic, SNK should just pack it in. =/

TreIII

Sheesh. The video game industry is hell-bent on making sure I go flat-broke before the month of October is over, isn't it? :lol

Thankfully, October is also my birthday month! Dark Souls and KOFXIII will BOTH be mine.

Best E3 Ever!!!!

Looks like KoF's Hype CEO is back to work. So much to do before the big day. Fucking vindication!!!

I think the game is in the perfect hands to get it into more hands. C'mon Athena and Kula nendoroids, art books, arcade sticks and Mai boob pillows!! Please and Thank You Atlus.

Fersis

Mai pillows? Nah thats too tacky.
I want some Elisabeth pillows. (My waifu)

_dementia said:
sucks, but it was Atlus of Japan's decision. Don't get mad at Atlus USA.

Audio is a cost issue, I thought we all understood this already. Anyway KOF 13 will have JPN voices(if folks really need it) I reckon.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ReXXXSoprano said:
Best E3 Ever!!!!

Looks like KoF's Hype CEO is back to work. So much to do before the big day. Fucking vindication!!!

I think the game is in the perfect hands to get it into more hands. C'mon Athena and Kula nendoroids, art books, arcade sticks and Mai boob pillows!! Please and Thank You Atlus.

I totally want a decked out Collector's Edition. Please Atlus. Don't disappoint. Let us give you our moneeeeey!

Has a recent Atlus console release NOT had a special edition at launch?

TreIII

ReXXXSoprano said:
Best E3 Ever!!!!

I think the game is in the perfect hands to get it into more hanxz. C'mon Athena and Kula nendoroids, art books, arcade sticks and Mai boob pillows!! Please and Thank You Atlus.

I'm not into that kinda stuff, but I do agree with the overall vibe that Atlus is a much better choice than Ignition ever was. What better group for the niche-y KOF crowd to get chummy with then Atlus' Megaten crowd? :lol

On that note, I wouldn't be surprised if the English translation that already exists in the arcade version was done by Atlus. It was confirmed that the console version was in the works at the same time as the arcade version, correct?

Fersis

TreIII said:
I'm not into that kinda stuff, but I do agree with the overall vibe that Atlus is a much better choice than Ignition ever was. What better group for the niche-y KOF crowd to get chummy with then Atlus' Megaten crowd? :lol

On that note, I wouldn't be surprised if the English translation that already exists in the arcade version was done by Atlus. It was confirmed that the console version was in the works at the same time as the arcade version, correct?
The arcade english dialogues are really good, i think that SNKP hired a writer just to do the dialogues.
Lots of fan services and good jokes.

Yummy

King has returned?!?! Oh yeah baby. I am glad KoFXIII is landing, I was worried we weren't going to see another entry this gen. I would have been very sad.

It's great to know that there will be some solid DS games to look forward to in 2012. I still have hope for a couple other unannounced titles as well, but anyways, yay for DS2!

Haven't played a KoF game, but I'm interested in the series.

notworksafe

Persona7 said:
No Persona 5??
Umm this is Atlus USA. Not Atlus Japan. It might be tough for the localization branch to put out a game that hasn't yet been made.

Also SMT4 or a new DDS > Persona.

Also I'll be buying that KOF day one!

Oh cool, atlus found a Japanese developed game that wasn't mahjong 3d to license. While i doubt this will have a fully voiced story mode to localize (or not localize) don't fuck this one up like your last foray into fighting games kay guys?

Top Bottom