• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus will present Yakuza 0 at E3

I thought this was worth pointing out. From Atlus's official E3 page:

ATLUS U.S.A., Inc. is known for high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese and indie video game experiences. Our award-winning catalog continues to grow across a variety of genres and platforms. Visit our booth featuring highly anticipated titles from ATLUS and SEGA, including Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, and Yakuza 0.

http://pr311jm731.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=atl0455

Lock if old or not thread worthy.

I have not been following that whole Atlus vs European publishing branches ordeal at all.

Is Atlus presumably having reign over distributing Yakuza in the west now a bad thing for me or not?

olimpia84

Day fucking one just like I did with Yakuza 5. I believe this one will have a physical release which is even better.

vall03

Fuck! This means that there's no chance for Etrian Odyssey V this year. Dammit! I was hoping for a 2016 chance for a US release. Oh well, gotta wait until 2017 then, but it still sucks.

Rymuth

Oh my god!

Look at my face~ JUST LOOKATIT!

I'm so hyped right now!

eHsDo8m.gif

Eolz

I have not been following that whole Atlus vs European publishing branches ordeal at all.

Is Atlus presumably having reign over distributing Yakuza in the west now a bad thing for me or not?

Atlus won't publish it in Europe, and so far, both together has certainly not been better than them alone in the past.
But who knows for the future, they're "working on it"...

FluxWaveZ

Edit: Wait, nvm.

That's odd, Sega Europe's booth is right next to Atlus', so I would figure that that's where the game would be shown off.

DJIzana

Definitely double dipping on Yakuza 0 (already own the Japanese version) and I reeeeally can't wait for 6. I imagine we can expect to see the same for 6 when/if that gets announced for the West.

Is 0 a new game or a remake of the old ones ? Neve tried this series and might as well start with this one.

EDIT: Think I got my answer just a few posts above. So prequel it is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, I was wondering why Atlus didn't do 5. It makes sense to use the localization label to put the game out though. I wonder if Sony is still involved in any meaningful way?

Li Kao

I seem to recall a time when Sega was one of the publishers that refused to let external companies handle their games. And while I'm all for Atlus doing so, the mighty have indeed fallen here. A free fall.

Zukkoyaki

Atlus' current slate is probably their best ever. Persona 5, Yakuza 0, SMTIV:A, KOF XIV, Odin Sphere... And future titles like EO:V, 13 Sentinels, and their unannounced games they teased a few months back.

Eolz

I seem to recall a time when Sega was one of the publishers that refused to let external companies handle their games. And while I'm all for Atlus doing so, the mighty have indeed fallen here. A free fall.

Well, Atlus is not an external company.

t26

Sega been working with external companies since the Saturn days. Shining Wisdom was localized by Working Design.

I hope we somehow get Yakuza 6 before 2018 ends... sigh.

I feel like the absolute best case, one-in-a-million scenario at this point is 0 in early 2017, Kiwami in December 2017, and 6 in December 2018. Maybe bumped to 2019. By which time there'll be like six more RGG games out in Japan :p

Eddyhdzg

Banned
I feel like the absolute best case, one-in-a-million scenario at this point is 0 in early 2017, Kiwami in December 2017, and 6 in December 2018. Maybe bumped to 2019. By which time there'll be like six more RGG games out in Japan :p

If they are going to take that long then I hope they skip Kiwami.

Unless they make a Kiwami 2, which we would need... ASAP!

Since Atlus/Sega are gearing up, I'm hoping for eventual localisation news of 13 Sentinels and Valkyria Azure Revolution. I can deal with the eventual shit treatment of EU, as long as their games aren't on some archaic legion locked machine (like SMT4:A unfortunately).

Top Bottom