• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus x Vanillaware HD Project

sn00zer

CKWl8kLUsAAU3eS.jpg:orig

Awesome, never finished the original on PS2 but I got to the last story. I'll definitely check this one out on Vita when it comes out.

MGrant

I hope they adjusted the grindiness downward. How tedious the original became after the first couple of characters. If not, pass. The art is wonderful, but the gameplay was too shallow to justify buying again. Dragon's Crown 2 will hopefully come soon :(

FluxWaveZ

Called it. It should have been obvious to anyone who played the original game after seeing the pic in the OP.

People were calling it before the updated tree picture on the tease website, though.

The real guess would be whether or not they would reveal something after that, but I'm not so sure anymore.

sn00zer

Holy fuck. YES
Never played Odin Sphere before so i am in for a treat. Anyone can give a short review for original game. Is it good like Dragon's Crown or Muramasa?
No, its the worst of the three in terms of repetitiveness.... its really really really fucking repetitive.

You have to play through the game with five characters, but the levels and bosses for the characters are repeated several times as a result. The levels themselves were "circular" in that if you ran far enough to the right, you came back where you started.

I saw new enemies and bosses in the trailer, as well as levels that were definitely much different than the "circular" design in the original, so they may be taking steps to rectify these weaknesses with more unique campaigns. This all remains to be seen, of course.

Yesss I will def grab this for the Vita. Have the PS2 ver but never got around to playing it.

Now give me Grim Grimoire pls so I can complete my Vanillaware collection on Vita

It looks like the Pow meter is only used for special attacks now. In the original it would go down from using normal attacks, and could stun your character if emptied.

Neato! Odin Sphere has been on my to-do list for yonks! Even grabbed it off PS Store. I'll wait for this one now.

In the mean time, I should get back to DC. Haven't managed to play that as much as I hoped.

duckroll

So Kamitani is not the director, I guess he is directing a new game.

This Atlus/Vanillaware HD Project is supposed to be multiple announcements, so we'll probably hear more in a few months. This is the "Summer" announcement. I expect more remasters, and maybe Dragon's Crown 2 at some point.

Since it looks like the teaser website page will be some sort of P-ch type "hub," at least going by the odin sphere website, they should have something else

edit: yep, sci fi something

details in september

If anyone gets the present from the stream, please share, in case is something that can be shared like a wallpaper or something.

Top Bottom