• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Sasha's hurt. It's over friend
She's out about a month, right? It's the 25th for the PPV, so yeah, I figure Bayley match with fuckery for Charlotte to win.

I did it find weird how Mick was all "yeah, you basically did beat Sasha clean but she's still getting that automatic title match when she's back".

Sasha's hurt. It's over friend

Sasha's not hurt nearly as bad as they thought. She won't need surgery or anything. She'll probably be back after NoC.

She's out about a month, right? It's the 25th for the PPV, so yeah, I figure Bayley match with fuckery for Charlotte to win.

I did it find weird how Mick was all "yeah, you basically did beat Sasha clean but she's still getting that automatic title match when she's back".

Well I mean champions have a rematch clause so that's typically how it goes, yeah.

Ithil

If you guys were in charge of booking, how would you get rid of Roman's nuclear heat? Do any of you have the perfect plan?

If money wasnt an issue, i would just take him off tv for a good 6 months. Then i would bring him back to feud with a mid carder like sheamus or something. And then make him work his way back up the card over a year.

Bring Samoa Joe up, call him Roman Reigns, with the music and all, and never once acknowledge the change, just act like he's always been this way.

UberTag

Can't wait for Roman to win, ratings tank and WWE says they don't care about the ratings.
It's all about those social media numbers.
And when Roman is champ, people bitch. And when people bitch, they use Twitter.
And when Twitter activity spikes, the WWE goes and says, see... "fans are tuning in".

I wonder who we'll see in the vignettes for the Cruiserweights next week. This week we saw Dar, Swann, Kendrick, and Perkins, so they're all confirmed for the division.

Toki767

It's all about those social media numbers.
And when Roman is champ, people bitch. And when people bitch, they use Twitter.
And when Twitter activity spikes, the WWE goes and says, see... "fans are tuning in".

They still don't know how Twitter trends work no matter how much Meltzer tells them it doesn't mean what they think it does huh lol

Fantomex

Wrasslin fans are pretty big hypocrites. Me included. We love us some Shinsuke but nobody is appalled at how dangerous his strong style is. I mean he's literally kicking and kneeing folks in the face. Once he comes up to the main roster well start hating him once he hurts AJ or Finn.

I'm gonna go back to watching Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling

MC Safety

If you guys were in charge of booking, how would you get rid of Roman's nuclear heat? Do any of you have the perfect plan?

If money wasnt an issue, i would just take him off tv for a good 6 months. Then i would bring him back to feud with a mid carder like sheamus or something. And then make him work his way back up the card over a year.

They've got to get rid of the body armor. You've got this monster guy and he has to wear a chestplate to protect himself?

There's probably not too much else the WWE can do. Charm school didn't help much. I think Reigns can speak well, but he's not a great actor. And everyone is resentful of Reigns being presented as the chosen one when he wasn't up for it.

UberTag

They still don't know how Twitter trends work no matter how much Meltzer tells them it doesn't mean what they think it does huh lol
How would they know how Twitter trends worked? They paid for years to have crap like #KofivsZiggler for the 25th time be the #1 trend on Twitter during RAW... as if that meant something.

KissVibes

Banned

I would book him in a title vs contract match, have him lose and send him to work EVOLVE matches with Matt Riddle until he returns as a heel eliminating the hottest baby face at the Royal Rumble.

I'd book him as a mega heel champion after mania that doesn't talk to anyone and boos children in the front row.

Bayley got drafted to the show with the guy who posts Facebook entries about how he likes hugging hot women. Sorry, girlfriend.

Syder

Until they commit to Roman as a 100% heel, instead of this dumb 'tweener role they've been trying to give him since Mania, and embrace the hate, he will always have Go Away Heat.

You ever see those pictures of Roman in a man-bun and suit? Embrace Roman's natural inner douche, whenever he isn't wrestling he should be wearing that.

tumblr_ocbiwbzEhW1tqjisao2_250.gif
tumblr_o9rnlgdXqC1szg0njo10_r1_400.gif

tumblr_obmrqk7asc1uta6xoo1_250.gif
tumblr_obmrqk7asc1uta6xoo3_250.gif

Have the Usos go heel and act as his annoying bodyguards. Fuck it. Pair him with Eva Marie too. Not giving Roman his own theme after The Shield break-up was dumb. He needs a gear change too. The vest doesn't even need to completely disappear, just make it more revealing and have it not made of fucking KEVLAR.

UberTag

good fucking god if roman wins.... i swear

dont do it wwe. fucking no.
You swear? What will you do? Stop watching? Stop paying them money? When they're giving you a dominant Styles on Smackdown and a dominant Nakamura on NXT? I'd like to see that.

In before the #1 contender for Ambrose's WWE title winds up being Baron Corbin and AJ challenges The Miz for the IC belt instead.

How would they know how Twitter trends worked? They paid for years to have crap like #KofivsZiggler for the 25th time be the #1 trend on Twitter during RAW... as if that meant something.

Nah, most of WWE's Twitter trends are legit. It's kind of hard for them not to be when they get two and a half million viewers every week.

Gurrry

You swear? What will you do? Stop watching? Stop paying them money? When they're giving you a dominant Styles on Smackdown and a dominant Nakamura on NXT? I'd like to see that.

Dont worry, im sure theyre coming up with ways to let Ambrose beat Styles right now.

Stop booking him as a superhuman would be a nice start. Not saying he needs to lose all his matches but before his suspension he had never lost clean right? Nobody should be booked like that, especially when he's consistently taking on groups of people by himself.

But yeah, the guy needs to be bumped down the midcard where he can continue to hone his craft. I'll give him credit, he's improved a decent amount in the ring the past year+ he needs to continue to do that. Plus he's still horrible on the mic and needs to be put in an environment where he can work on that consistently without the backlash.

Cagey

Banned
Fuck this. No no no!

and Vince has retreated back to his usual bullshit.

fuck this company

Roman overcame some odds?

What a shocker.

What a surprise. Roman Reigns, your new champ!

FuckThisCompany.jpg

Maybe I should take Roman with me to Vegas so I can win.

They can't be fuckong serious right RIGHT

We're back to Roman as champion.

Jesus Christ, this company is dumb as fuck.

Remember when guys would actually get punished?

I'm done.

WELCOME TO THE NEW ERA FOLKS

tumblr_obnpv0Squt1tuub8ro4_250.gif

Wrasslin fans are pretty big hypocrites. Me included. We love us some Shinsuke but nobody is appalled at how dangerous his strong style is. I mean he's literally kicking and kneeing folks in the face. Once he comes up to the main roster well start hating him once he hurts AJ or Finn.

I'm gonna go back to watching Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling

Nobody's concerned about Styles or Nakamura because 1) they're already broken and 2) they're already old as fuck. When they got in, nobody expected them to last long. They'll both be gone by 2020, dead or alive

SSeth they're going to enable by letting him Bryan everyone until he Bryans himself. If he does it to the indy scrubs that's a bonus in the company's mind, less work they have to do. As long as he doesn't do it to Reigns or Cena again, they won't give him a fraction of the shit he deserves, because you know what that would mean? It would mean they fucked up giving that much time and attention to a fuckup. And they'll never do that.

They wouldn't do it with Nash. They wouldn't do it with Luger. They wouldn't do it for heel Austin. They'll never do it to the Shield. They have made a billion mistakes, and they will never acknowledge any of it was a mistake. Because if they acknowledge it, they might get consequences. Nobody likes to support mistakes, nobody likes to support losers. Losers don't make as much money as winners. You don't see proud Browns fans.

Barrage

I'm a little sick of Nak/Joe/Balor being called old as fuck, done in a few years, etc.

Bret Hart won his FIRST World title when he was 35.

So did Randy Savage.

I know these guys are wrestling a lot harder style than either of those two, but please stop acting like they're about to retire. If they still have five-six years left as a main eventer, that's PLENTY.

Leaving Brooklyn now. Man the crowd was really giving that main event heat. Like we just did not give a shit about that match and the fact that Roman was main eventing yet another RAW against Jericho was so dumb.

Marked out like fuck though when Bayley debuted. We were all chanting for her as soon as Charlotte started her promo.

Also after the main event was a tag match in which Cena/Ambrose beat AJ/Rollins. Dean was getting a good cheer this match as he won the match by pinning Rollins.

Top Bottom