• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

DMczaf

giphy.gif

Blue! WHAT DID YOU DO!

My daughter just started watching wrestling a few weeks ago and the first thing she asked when saw Roman Reigns was "is he a bad guy?" I said not really, she said "I'm pretty sure he's a bad guy. He looks like a bad guy." I think that was telling.

Fantomex

Nobody's concerned about Styles or Nakamura because 1) they're already broken and 2) they're already old as fuck. When they got in, nobody expected them to last long. They'll both be gone by 2020, dead or alive

SSeth they're going to enable by letting him Bryan everyone until he Bryans himself. If he does it to the indy scrubs that's a bonus in the company's mind, less work they have to do. As long as he doesn't do it to Reigns or Cena again, they won't give him a fraction of the shit he deserves, because you know what that would mean? It would mean they fucked up giving that much time and attention to a fuckup. And they'll never do that.

They wouldn't do it with Nash. They wouldn't do it with Luger. They wouldn't do it for heel Austin. They'll never do it to the Shield. They have made a billion mistakes, and they will never acknowledge any of it was a mistake. Because if they acknowledge it, they might get consequences. Nobody likes to support mistakes, nobody likes to support losers. Losers don't make as much money as winners. You don't see proud Browns fans.

Why you gotta Harambe my boy Kave like that?

My daughter just started watching wrestling a few weeks ago and the first thing she asked when saw Roman Reigns was "is he a bad guy?" I said not really, she said "I'm pretty sure he's a bad guy. He looks like a bad guy." I think that was telling.

Telling in that she's racist?

The Ummah

Banned
So, looking at this match for the title next week...

Roman seems like the "face" to replace Finn for the moment. I don't see them tossing the belt on KO or Cass currently, and Seth just took out The Demon King. Nobody takes out The Demon King. He is a Demon. 😈👑

I'd love to be surprised and for them to go another route, but...that shit ain't happening.

Cagey

Banned
Jericho and Owens are delightful together, so the timing is unfortunate for that duo, but Owens as champion would provide the most entertainment for the next few months.

Can still manufacture reasons to have them roll together.

Heroman

Banned
Wrasslin fans are pretty big hypocrites. Me included. We love us some Shinsuke but nobody is appalled at how dangerous his strong style is. I mean he's literally kicking and kneeing folks in the face. Once he comes up to the main roster well start hating him once he hurts AJ or Finn.

I'm gonna go back to watching Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling
Strong style isnt dangerous really , and people gotta realise that like most sport people are going to get hurt no matter how safe the move and person is

BFIB

I was hoping both KO and Jericho would be in the main event next week and both pin Cass due to shenanigans then each declare themselves champion.

GunBR

I have said repeatedly Owens gets the belt within a year and it is happening.

You folk are being worked thinking Seth or Roman take it home.
Well, when Finn won the title shoot everyone thought that Roman would beat him at that night

So who knows, but I still think that Seth or Roman will get the belt

Turok_TTZ

Blast the main event. Granted since I live in houston, I was spoiled early on who would win between reigns vs jericho due to raw being in houston next week and the local advertisements to get tickets fairly much gave the result away. Still pissed all the same. At least I got smackdown to look forward to.

Decent show but the lack of the "No Brand Man" Heath Slater was very disappointing.

UberTag

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/767933297166913536

Cesaro really going for that shoot gimmick. Just give him a title match already to stop these interviews.
He's got to beat Sheamus 4 out of the next 6 times to get that chance. Then he can make Roman look strong, lose and shut the fuck up about it.

I'm a little sick of Nak/Joe/Balor being called old as fuck, done in a few years, etc.

Bret Hart won his FIRST World title when he was 35.

So did Randy Savage.

I know these guys are wrestling a lot harder style than either of those two, but please stop acting like they're about to retire. If they still have five-six years left as a main eventer, that's PLENTY.
I agree with this. That said, can you join me in giving Cole grief for referring to Finn Bálor as a "young man". He's not.
He is an overgrown manchild who dresses like a 17-year-old when he isn't sporting a suit (wears one better than Cena - but who doesn't) - but he is NOT a young man.
(I'm not a young man, either... and I'm also an overgrown manchild who dresses like a 17-year-old).

Not going to stop calling old people old until you start calling unsafe people unsafe

Both are true. Both deserve acknowledgement. Silence is acceptance

Back on topic: Old Cena saddens me but at least now he can spread the message of tolerance free from old bigots like Styles (not apologizing for calling bigots bigots either). Kick ass in Hollywood, John

Toki767

So wasn't the stipulation for Cena/Styles that if Styles won, Cena would have to say that Styles was better than him on Smackdown or something?

Doesn't seem like they're doing that anymore.

Cagey

Banned
man it's crazy how some facial hair can make a good looking dude look like shit. this dude is a god among us when he's just got the goatee, but his beard look was kinda wack tbh.
Beards are definitely hit or miss without much middle ground.

KO looks unkempt with his scraggly mess, not intimidating. Reigns looks like a goober.

The beard improves Sheamus considerably over the goatee chin strap combo though. Lesnar looks like a legendary mountain giant.

da fuck. roman without the goatee and hair is like samson post-hair cut. he gets his hoss-like strength from it.

anyways wtf at all these damn injuries. sasha is killing herself to entertain us day in day out. she will have to come back a bit more conservative i think. and i would love for her return to lead into a sasha/bayley title feud. i'd love for that match to be balls out but sasha gotta start thinking about her health

finn balor...eh he's a nice guy. got a great look to him too though i find his wrestling boring. i found the idea of him being champ for a bit interesting. really lame how he already has to relinquish for injury lol. man I wonder how infuriated the ppl are behind the scenes.

seth has got it all tbh. but they really need to sit him down and talk about how much he is fucking shit up. if he gets a bit safer I think he'd be the best champ WWE has had in so many years. did you see him on ESPN? that dude can talk. he's got a natural heel personality, but not so dickish that he stops being likable. he's almost as relatable as talk show Cena nowadays...moreso tbh when he's talking sports.

Top Bottom