• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Anth0ny

I generously awarded WrestleMania X-Seven a B.

OOvKF3b.gif

Alucard

Banned
Just watched that John Cena video of him reading cards from fans and then meeting them. Goddamn onions being cut all over the place. I can no longer boo this man.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
forgot nxt, as usual. British tag match worth checking out?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
cool gonna check it.

Also, watching this Miz promo on Raw, why the fuck is Cena doing all those goofy faces?

Bate and Dunne are great together. Wolfgang was okay. Seven was forgettable and looks to have gained weight. He needs the performance center the most.

Adree

Bryan Alvarez thinks this:

Alvarez thinks you need a pump to blow up a beach ball. "You can't blow up a beach ball with your mouth"

All those fans sneaking in the air pumps as well

He also watched the Cass injury multiple times and couldn't tell where he got hurt. Maybe he should give himself Geek of the Week this time.

Pikma

Banned
So I don't know why I just remembered but apparently Mike Bennett was addicted to painkillers and did not even disclose it to Maria until recently and I guess that's something he's still working on, so even though I don't know how that stuff works I honestly think that could be related to the physical condition he's in right now(?).

Dude seems like a great guy so I hope he gets everything sorted out and those fuckers backstage give him some tv time.

The finish to that Johnny vs Rey match is the first thing in Lucha Underground to rub me the wrong way, writing wise. It just doesn't make sense for Dario to pull some shit like that. He always seemed more angry at his brother for getting so worked up about Rey then angry at Rey himself, and even if he was mad at Rey, why ban Johnnys buddies from ringside, or even give Rey a title shot in the first place?

Rimfya

Banned
Why are the British wrestlers seemingly allowed to wrestle a completely different style to every other match on any program?

Recall

So watching Wrestle Kingdom 7 (2013) watched the matches that intrigued me the most first, and will watch a couple of the undercard matches later.

Ibushi vs Low Ki vs Devitt was decent, Low Ki in a suit was weird, Devitt seemed pissed off and Ibushi was the determined rag doll. They followed the WWE style of three ways with one person down and out after nothing but they made it work in the end. Very exciting in moments but totally forgettable after the match ended beyond Low Ki being Low Ki.

Tenzan & Kojima vs Mutoh & Ohtani was poor and lazy. They could have done so much more especially in regards to the Hashimoto tribute they were aiming for at the start. It existed to exist and there was no drama or excitement, felt very routine.

Nakamura vs Sakuraba was insanely good. The whole MMA vs Wrestler ideology was there in full swing and neither let up making it look like they both wanted to destroy the other. First couple minutes were aimless then it just went into overdrive and they worked real hard to not break the aura with Sakuraba stiffing Nakamura and then him returning it in spades. It felt authentic and intense, I liked it a lot and it left an impact. Oh, and Stan Hansen appearing at the start was awesome!

Tanahashi vs Okada was incredible. Okada won the G1 and this was his title chance and the pacing and comebacks were incredible, they did the usual outstanding NJPW routine of pulling you in and not letting your attention waver by the end. Back and forth but both had clear goals of working down the other and story of Okada not hitting the Rainmaker once helped add to the story. I thought it was very engaging and dramatic with Tanahashi going above and beyond to keep that title around his waist.

Hope to get a chance to watch Nagata vs Suzuki and Makabe vs Shibata at some point too as I've heard they are enjoyable too.

I'd probably get WWE 2k18 if it released on PC on the same date, but since it doesn't they can eat shit

Ah, that makes sense

It was so random to me haha
Not only does it get released months later but with 2K17 they stopped including all the DLC to make up for it whhen by the time it comes out you would've been able to get the console version for $30 and the season pass for a total equal or maybe even less than the late to the party PC version.

If that's true then it's just another sign that Vince has lost his goddamn mind. Then again it seems everyone with any sort of creative position is out of their goddamn mind if they legit believe the bullshit they spout.

Miztourage vs Hardys and Kurt Angle's son 2 1/2*

Neville vs Tozawa 3 1/2*

Usos vs New Day 4*

Cena vs Corbin 2*

Natty vs Naomi 3*

Cass vs Show 1*

Orton vs Rusev didn't get a rating

Sasha vs Alexa 3*

Rollins/Ambrose vs Cesaro/Sheamus 4*

AJ vs KO 3 3/4*

Jinder vs Nak 2 1/2*

Lesnar etc 4 3/4*