• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Just grabbed the Warhammer demo from PSN. Is that the same as the youtube video posted earlier? This one is called Kill Team demo?

jambo said:
I will cut you.

PS: Hammers don't cut. You need a Katana for that.

reptilescorpio said:
Nah more like Darkstalkers as it is meant to be more hack-and-slash then cover shooter. They even encourage melee over shooting with the health system and don't even let the player USE cover at all.
Edit: Although you were probably doing a reference to that awful journalist who did that horrible preview of Space Marines. Will not name him as he does not deserve the traffic.

You mean Darksiders? I prefer hack'n'slash any day. I haven't read any reviews; like I said I'm not a fan of Warhammer universe...not saying that it's not good...just does not seem to interest me. Reviewer will always compare and contrast, but you have to admit...the 3rd person gunplay and movement system looks IDENTICAL to Gears of War.

Salazar

DeathJr said:
I'd call it Gears of War with a 40K skin. Looks great nonetheless. Perhaps a rental for me, never got into the Warhammer world...more of a Warcraft guy.

Closer even to Kingdom Under Fire than to Gears.

The higher difficulty is fucking tough. I was harvesting health as quickly as I could, and the bastards just kept pushing it down. If you get sucked into just crowd-controlling with lateral slashing - as effective as that is, for a while - they'll bash down your health bar pretty quickly.

Easier difficulty is slash-friendly, but you generally need to have your next execution in mind.

It just doesn't play like Gears. Someone who tries to play it like they play Gears is going to get fucked quickly and hard.

DeathJr said:
Just grabbed the Warhammer demo from PSN. Is that the same as the youtube video posted earlier? This one is called Kill Team demo?

You mean Darksiders? I prefer hack'n'slash any day. I haven't read any reviews; like I said I'm not a fan of Warhammer universe...not saying that it's not good...just does not seem to interest me. Reviewer will always compare and contrast, but you have to admit...the 3rd person gunplay and movement system looks IDENTICAL to Gears of War.
Nah Kill Team is a little downloadable game. The demo from the Video is for Space Marine.

Also Space Marine isn't out yet so no reviews yet. And it plays nothing like Gears.

Edit: Also yes DarkSIDERS. Not sure how Darkstalkers got stuck in my head, haven't seen that IP pop up for ages now.

Bernbaum

DeathJr said:
I'd call it Gears of War with a 40K skin. Looks great nonetheless. Perhaps a rental for me, never got into the Warhammer world...more of a Warcraft guy.
It looks like it plays nothing like Gears of War.

reptilescorpio said:
Never been interested but after reading about the game at RPS I came across some figures in Toyworld and my hand hovered on my wallet for a few minutes. A marine would look authoritative on my desk at work.
It's nerdy as fuck but the work that some people put into painting those damn models is mighty impressive. Warhammer/40k deserves some merit for bringing out an interest for art amongst closeted gamer type people (whether they were aware of it not). My folks weren't too impressed with the amount of money I pumped into Warhammer until they actually saw what I was creating.

Salazar

elektrixx said:
It's called Space Marine so it doesn't matter what it is.

If it had been called Space Wolf, I would have gone crazy. I am hyped enough as it is.

Can't wait for mods for singleplayer. They will apparently take quite a while. Not interested in texture mods, really - game is straight up beautiful. Just some character model options.

And jump packing on fools is so good. Even with the diminished accuracy of the gamepad.

Bernbaum

11vhboi.jpg

86f7d7183e1a78b137093e7f4668f062.gif

elektrixx

Banned
I don't know what Warhammer is. I'm picturing some sort of Mech Warrior rip-off to begin with so for it to turn into Gears is even more of a rip.

Anyone got recommendations for a movie? Nothing good seems to be playing in the theaters this week. I've already watched Cowboys and Aliens (it was a mega disaster) and Green Lantern (POS). Seems like Conan the Barbarian is the only viable option...

Salazar

elektrixx said:
I don't know what Warhammer is. I'm picturing some sort of Mech Warrior rip-off to begin with so for it to turn into Gears is even more of a rip.

You have triggered my "fuck it, I'm going to sleep" mode.

"You Win or You Die" was a good ep. Fucking Cersei. Convincingly malice-laden performance, I thought.

kase23

DeathJr said:
Anyone got recommendations for a movie? Nothing good seems to be playing in the theaters this week. I've already watched Cowboys and Aliens (it was a mega disaster) and Green Lantern (POS). Seems like Conan the Barbarian is the only viable option...
Go see the brest fortress, the last time its playing in Melbourne is tomorrow night i think as part of the Russian Resurrection movie festival.
http://www.russianresurrection.com/2011/
details are in there.

Jintor

elektrixx said:

You're really in for it now.

Warhammer is more or less the precursor to everything space-mariney.

Jintor

elektrixx said:

I know deathlord already posted it but it's more appropriate here

20080112014716048.jpg

DeathJr said:

Go watch Red Dog. Aussie movie, it's really great. Man teary.

Tntnnbltn

midonnay said:
1000 bucks on singstar? whelp indeed :O
There's gotta be Rock Band people on this forum who have invested more in DLC than I have on SingStar.

jambo said:
What the fuck man?

Have you at least played all of the songs?
Almost all of them. There's maybe 10 or so I haven't.

(I moved to a new town at the start of the year, and it's no fun playing by yourself)

Omikron

DeathJr said:
Looks good, but I need to watch a movie my mates might also enjoy. It's no fun if you take out mates for a birthday treat and show them an emotional war drama.

Obtain a movie called 'catfish'. Watch. Enjoy . Feel slightly disturbed.

Omi said:
Obtain a movie called 'catfish'. Watch. Enjoy . Feel slightly disturbed.
More disturbing than enjoyable. I felt a little dirty after watching.

I recommend Hesher Or maybe the new Foo Fighters doco which was really entertaining.

This touchpad has already improved my life! Rather than sit in the cold kitchen having breakfast with the family I can sit in front of the heater in the lounge browsing on the pad while sipping my hot Milo and watching the boy play.

Still have a preorder for a kindle. Not sure if I should cancel now that I have a pad? Is the kindle really light? Might be better for the gr reading in bed if it is the weight of a book.

Also you guys gotta be kidding about Warhammer, I've never been involved in it but even I had heard of it before. Most space marine stuff is open about the influence 40k has had on them. Same with the high fantasy stuff.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
More disturbing than enjoyable. I felt a little dirty after watching.

It is true, it is quite disturbing. lol, but worth a watch. ;)

Floated the idea of a CPU upgrade to the wife last night, didn't go down too badly, which was surprising. There is hope!

Also, 30th birthday discussions. Mildly depressing.

reptilescorpio said:
This touchpad has already improved my life! Rather than sit in the cold kitchen having breakfast with the family I can sit in front of the heater in the lounge browsing on the pad while sipping my hot Milo and watching the boy play.
Yeah, I've found mine pretty good already too. I used it for some reading last night (I normally use fbReader on my phone and was able to copy the same book and read that using pReader on the tablet).

SpazHD is pretty good for Twitter. All my Gmail stuff works fine but the browser doesn't render Google Reader very well. Managed to figure out the time zone thing with the calendar, why it didn't set it in the first place when I chose Australia as my country I don't know.

Found an app that plays FLACs but as soon as you try to do something else the app refuses to let you pause or switch tracks. Haven't found anything to play videos, or even what video format it plays yet.

The main reason I wanted it was to quickly check websites while on the couch, and for that it's excellent. I think I'll take it to Japan on my trip in a couple of weeks.

Fogz

codswallop said:
Haven't found anything to play videos, or even what video format it plays yet.

The missus converts her avi's to mp4 using Handbrake and that worked.

She tested it with some damn video that mashes Pinky and the Brain with My Little Pony :p

Fogz said:
The missus converts her avi's to mp4 using Handbrake and that worked.
Thanks, I'd looked and saw that MP4s were the preferred format. Annoying because almost everything I have is either AVI or MKV format, and there doesn't seem to be a player for any of that. All I want is VLC!

Omikron

Shaneus said:
Just shut up already about your stupid touchpads. Fucking bastards :(

I have a nice smart phone, a good laptop and a main PC in my house, I don't see the need to have a tablet thing as well. And neither should you.

Feel better?

jambo

Tntnnbltn said:
Almost all of them. There's maybe 10 or so I haven't.

(I moved to a new town at the start of the year, and it's no fun playing by yourself)
You gotta start broadcasting that you got that shut son.

Bitches love Singstar!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tonight I'm going to play Deus Ex. All night. And god is it going to be fucking amazing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Omi said:
I said that to myself before I played Invisible War.

You shut your mouth, you hear me? Shut your whore mouth.

Aon

I'm going to see if I can proxy an early unlock like those crazy people wanting to get banned in the Deus Ex thread are.

GG Steam account of 300 games, it was nice knowing ye.

elfinke

I just read through the review over at Edge. I'm pumped, although slightly worried it isn't going to run anywhere near nicely enough on my PC to make it an entirely satisfactory experience.

Still, massively pumped augmented for this!

Omikron

Anyone got any coupon codes for ozgameshop before I stick an order in? :)

@Aon, I did that for a retail copy of CivV I ordered from the US, worked fine. Was a while ago however and Steam may be more militant about breaking dates now. ;)

elfinke

Omi said:
Anyone got any coupon codes for ozgameshop before I stick an order in? :)

@Aon, I did that for a retail copy of CivV I ordered from the US, worked fine. Was a while ago however and Steam may be more militant about breaking dates now. ;)

I've no player points (damn no retroactive application of the $100's bought previously... lol) and my email folders tell me no new vouchers or coupons either, apparently.

Bernbaum

RandomVince said:
Gaf, indeed the internet it seems, is incapable of rational Nintendo discussion.

An analog stick add-on. REALLY? :|
Biggest issue with the 3DS hardware is the battery life. If it lasted long enough to survive a day in my workbag, it might actually leave the house.

Aon

Omi said:

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of people on the Bioware forums mentioning that it worked fine as recently as Dragon Age 2.

IMMA DO SOMETHING STUPID ;D

(although I really shouldn't as I have a tonne of homework due every day up to the release of Deus Ex then nothing)

What service did you use, btw? Once you unlocked it did it stay unlocked, or did you have to leave Steam on xD

Top Bottom