• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Fredescu

Choc said:
It was a Howard policy introduced in the late 90s as middle class welfare that he attacks so much today bloody hypocrite.
Dude, what? You remember they tried to turn it off in the 80s right? It was well before Howard.

Is there any way to fix the super slow downloads on a PS3? I downloaded the firmware update on my computer and put it on a usb before the PS3 had downloaded 10% of it.

Choc

Banned
RandomVince said:
Well obviously not all, but certainly the loudest ones seem to be putting forward that message.

again vince is right. Those who are complaining are the ones who have the most to lose aka the 65 year old retirees with 20 properties, sucking the life out of the economy with tehir seniors bullshit.

markot

Banned
While Howard did alot of middle class welfare, more than any politician ever, negative gearing has been in Australia for ages, Keating/Hawke spoke about limiting or abolishing it but the backlash scare them into not touching the holy cow of Australia politics.

In 2008, the Senate Housing Housing Affordability report echoed findings of the 2004 Productivity Commission report. One recommendation to the enquiry suggested that 'Negative gearing' should be capped and that "There should not be unlimited access. Millionaires and billionaires should not be able to access it, and you should not be able to access it on your 20th investment property. There should be limits to it.
Sadly if they even try to limit it that much, the CLASS WARFARE card will be played by the media, industry and opposition >.<

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
Dude, what? You remember they tried to turn it off in the 80s right? It was well before Howard.

yeah really? why does it seem to have all kicked off around mid 90s that people started going nuts with it

Did JH change something in the law? i am trying to find out :|

i had a feeling i was wrong haha =)_

Fredescu

Choc said:
why does it seem to have all kicked off around mid 90s that people started going nuts with it
Interest rates were much lower, and then the FHOG started in 2000.

interest-rates-australia.gif

markot said:
While Howard did alot of middle class welfare, more than any politician ever, negative gearing has been in Australia for ages, Keating/Hawke spoke about limiting or abolishing it but the backlash scare them into not touching the holy cow of Australia politics.

In 2008, the Senate Housing Housing Affordability report echoed findings of the 2004 Productivity Commission report. One recommendation to the enquiry suggested that 'Negative gearing' should be capped and that "There should not be unlimited access. Millionaires and billionaires should not be able to access it, and you should not be able to access it on your 20th investment property. There should be limits to it.
Sadly if they even try to limit it that much, the CLASS WARFARE card will be played by the media, industry and opposition >.<
I just want one kamikaze politician who knows that their political days are numbered to push something like this through in a blaze of glory. If they did that, I'd start up a fund to raise a statue of them to commemorate the day they saved the country.

markot

Banned
You ambassador crum bums should speak english >_<

I googled 'aus ambassador' thinking there was some new indie game out from an aussie studio >.>

Then I realised...

Fredescu

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I just want one kamikaze politician who knows that their political days are numbered to push something like this through in a blaze of glory.
Honestly, the only way it's ever going to happen is if a Labor government gets a huge majority. In other words, not for at least ten years. The Libs will never do it because the "aspirationals" are their bread and butter voters.

RandomVince said:
They dont have anything better to do.

I dug mine out about 8 months ago and fuck me it is the worst controller to use nowadays. I have no idea how I ever used it before. Triggers are crap, analog stick hard plastic with a weird range of movement/resistance combination, face buttons are too small and the overall shape is rubbish.
It was like playing with a boogie board! So much fun! The added weight of the VMU made it perfect for killing hobos.

VOOK said:
My loan is only at now 178k. Down from 260k, in three years.
Wow! Great work man, very impressed.

Choc said:
Team Bondi Goes Into Administration
1:30PM TRACEY LIEN | Sydney-based game development studio, Team Bondi, is no stranger to bumpy roads. Having switched publishers, spent seven years developing a game, and then being accused of providing poor working conditions, the bumpy road is about to come to an end… because the company has gone into administration.
Hopefully no-one gives that dickhead any more money. The rest of the devs will be fine, I would be surprised if Rockstar didn't snap up the majority of them to work on a Noire sequel at an inhouse studio.

Shaneus said:
I'm hanging for when Madcatz release their MLG controllers with modular joysticks... a 360-ripoff PS3 controller should be heavenly.
Have a look at cheap chinese knockoffs on ebay, you can generally find reshaped controllers for everything under the sun.

Also there have been tons of great 360 slim deals under $300 on OzBargain lately. Keep an eye out.

Cohsae said:
There is no combination of words in the English language worse than "just friends".
I'm gay?

Also everyone will hear it at some point in their life. Things will get better I promise. Anyone who says that to you aren't worth trying to convince to be your partner.

Neverender said:
Is there any way to fix the super slow downloads on a PS3? I downloaded the firmware update on my computer and put it on a usb before the PS3 had downloaded 10% of it.
Yes, check the NAT type on your console, then google the settings for your wifi router. Ps3 downloads via wifi are a bit on the slow side, especially system updates.

jambo said:
Excuse me?
When your partner tells you that they actually prefer people of the other sex. Which leads you to believe that you turned them gay? Doesn't anyone else watch midday television now and then?

Also Mitchell Johnson needs to stop bowling no balls.

Cohsae said:
There is no combination of words in the English language worse than "just friends".
What about any variation of "Any woman would be lucky to have you" from the mouth of someone you have feelings for but know it's not reciprocated?

Slightly like yours but for me it has a bit more sting to it.

Jintor

Hah!

I spent a day sobbing in my room after one of those. Think it's somewhere in the last AusPAX thread maybe. I remember posting about it somewhere.

midonnay

I just want one kamikaze politician who knows that their political days are numbered to push something like this through in a blaze of glory. If they did that, I'd start up a fund to raise a statue of them to commemorate the day they saved the country.

597697-julia-gillard.jpg

Challenge accepted

it'll be a miracle if she lasts another year

xlarge_robocop_statue_960.jpg

DeathJr said:
Yes, check the NAT type on your console, then google the settings for your wifi router. Ps3 downloads via wifi are a bit on the slow side, especially system updates.

Hmm thanks. Nat type is 2 which seems to be good. Oh well.

F@#% traffic! It's high time the citylink in melbourne becomes free. The west gate bridge will fall again with the amount traffic it has to ensure in peak hours.

TAC signs asking motorists to slow down are hilarious. "Take off 5, it won't kill you", they say. It also won't get me home after a 10 hour shift, if I'm doing 3kmph on the bloody freeway!

jambo

reptilescorpio said:
When your partner tells you that they actually prefer people of the other sex. Which leads you to believe that you turned them gay? Doesn't anyone else watch midday television now and then?

Oh, I thought you meant anyone saying they were gay.

I was about to stab you with a rainbow spear.

RandomVince said:
At the end of the day, a home is something you own to live in, not something you own to make it more expensive for everyone else. Boomers have no social conscience.
You've been on a damned roll this afternoon.

jambo said:
Oh, I thought you meant anyone saying they were gay.

I was about to stab you with a rainbow spear.
Nah I was talking more about stuff that would crush your belief in your ability as a sexual companion. Thankfully it never happened to me. So far. Nothing wrong with liking the opposite sex at all.

I love you Shane Watson! Just bat slower next time!

Yagharek

DeathJr said:
F@#% traffic! It's high time the citylink in melbourne becomes free. The west gate bridge will fall again with the amount traffic it has to ensure in peak hours.

TAC signs asking motorists to slow down are hilarious. "Take off 5, it won't kill you", they say. It also won't get me home after a 10 hour shift, if I'm doing 3kmph on the bloody freeway!

If you took five off you would sooner end up reversing into the work driveway rather than at home.

I once spent two hours stuck in Melbourne traffic. Coming from Hobart I raged and was screaming out yelling I COULD HAVE DRIVEN FROM ONE END OF TAS TO THE OTHER. Fucking 10km in 2 hours. Melbourne licks balls.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Reminds me of this.

Also everyone will hear it at some point in their life. Things will get better I promise. Anyone who says that to you aren't worth trying to convince to be your partner.
Yuppers. I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't have to convince anyone to be your SO.

RandomVince said:
Holy shit, Ive never played Balloon Fight before.

THIS IS AWESOME
Isn't that essentially a ripoff of Joust?

reptilescorpio said:
8" x10". Here was the deal. Great quality, printed really well. Also got 3 family ones that were taken on my phone and they look brilliant. Will be using them for Christmas presents in the future.
Might go for that. I reckon I could find some awesome game art that would look decent on those. Are they just prints or do they look like they were painted? That might sway my decision on what pictures to use.

Also assume that they don't have any issues with copyright material?

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
Dunno, haven't played joust. Its kind of like jetpac I guess.
WTF man. Don't ever question my gaming credibility again while that game goes unplayed!

Not that you ever have... I don't think.

No probs with copywrite, doubt they would care enough since it is only for personal use. They look great and it is that plasticy canvas material but they really do look painted. Took 2 weeks to arrive and not a touch on them. Not sure if that deal s still going. All you do is upload a picture to their designer software that has a decent dpi, some of mine had warnings that they wouldn't come out great but they were fine. Super easy. Thinking of doing an Ico one next time.

Shaneus

Cheers for the info, rs. Just wondering whether I should avoid pictures that have fine detail but I guess if that's what they had, they probably wouldn't look very good as wall hangings anyway.

Time to start looking at some movie/game picture ideas... woo!

Edit: Damn Cohsae, that sounds cold.

I think the theory is that some (most?) girls do that because of some unconscious need for validation that having a guy friend provides and it's not obvious to the guy that this is the deal.

Yeah Cohsae I had the same situation, I knew it wouldn't work but I had to give it a shot so I wouldn't regret it in the future. She was just too scared to give us a chance (which I have also done in the past myself unfortunately). Things worked out okay though!

Also Shaneus I used 3M picture Velcro tape pieces which work great as obviously I need to line up the pictures properly as well as save my ass when we move house and I have to remove them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Last night, I had a dream that was comprised of nothing more than me noticing that EatChildren had changed his name and avatar. I think I may spend too much time on GAF.

Edit: Also, I think Movie Poster Shop's checkout system robbed me of ~$170.

Top Bottom