• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Ydahs

Megadrive said:
Hey guys look at this game (~33mb). It's what we're showing to the highschoolers. It's terrible! Please ignore the terrible ai for the enemies.

I know of one big bug, you can jump through floors, into boxes and things. So.. Don't do that. I really wanted this game in 2d. We still have time to change it, but I doubt it'll happen.

though feedback would be wonderful.
don't tell anyone at emergent im distrubuting

almost forgot controls: z jump, x shoot.
Tried playing, but I got this error:

"The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

It might be because I'm trying it on my new laptop which probably doesn't has the latest drivers. I'll try updating in the afternoon and get back to you.

edit: just updated drivers. Working now.

Played for like 5 minutes since it's 4 oclock. I'm stuck on a elevator that never ends. Did I win?

Don't really mind the graphics. Think it looks pretty decent. As you mentioned, the enemy AI is an issue. I think if there was some intelligence for the enemies, it can be a fun game. Maybe a weapon (flamethrower!!1!)?

So it's a demo or showcase to highschoolers? Also what engine is this using? Having worked on games myself and looking at it from a programmer's perspective, I think you've done an impressive job.

EatChildren said:
THE DREAM TEAM
... damn. She definitely deserves a spot in the hot tub of fantasy.

Choc said:
could make the kangaroo a choc ? :p
Might change the head to a Choc but then you kind of lose the Australian flavour as well as the ability to have Choc yelling at clouds, which was going to be hilarious.

Scrow said:
are those canvas prints on a frame?
Yep stretched on a wooden frame.

Choc

Banned
DeathJr said:
Yes, but even if you're a sole trader or a contractor, you need an ABN.

ABN = self employed.

even if you are a sole trader you do a BAS return if you collect GST

if not its called an Income Activity Statement (IAS) which is also part of the BAS :p you just dont fill out certain bits

Choc said:
even if you are a sole trader you do a BAS return if you collect GST

if not its called an Income Activity Statement (IAS) which is also part of the BAS :p you just dont fill out certain bits
Actually how would you feel about having your own hot tub with Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones? Must be somebody's fantasy out there.

r1chard

jambo said:
Just ordered the LEGO Super Star Destroyer =]
Woo!

I only just found out about the LEGO education centers we have in Melbourne - in Moonee Ponds and at Docklands. They do parties! (including for ages 10+ ... I wonder if the + goes to 40?)

r1chard said:
Woo!

I only just found out about the LEGO education centers we have in Melbourne - in Moonee Ponds and at Docklands. They do parties! (including for ages 10+ ... I wonder if the + goes to 40?)
Or you could throw a party for a niece or nephew there! That will be my plan until the little guy hits 10.

elfinke

Salazar said:
Won two games of football, scored once, and my Ph.D confirmation came through.

This is a good night. A grand night.

I'm a bit LTTP, but this deserves quoting and further recognition - congratulations! What is your Ph.D on?

Banner should include a character from the last game from each of the Australian studios that have closed down recently.

I used brilliantprints.com.au a couple of years back for a 46" canvas from a 50MP photo and can't recommend them highly enough. They do different types of laminating on the canvas, so you don't have to have the shiny canvas (which doesn't work for all photos) and they also touch up your photos if they need it, but as mine didn't I can't say if that's any good or not. The detail in it is incredible and I'm amazed every day I look at it.

myf.jpg

AusGAF's once and future queen.

Omikron

codswallop said:
Banner should include a character from the last game from each of the Australian studios that have closed down recently.

I used brilliantprints.com.au a couple of years back for a 46" canvas from a 50MP photo and can't recommend them highly enough. They do different types of laminating on the canvas, so you don't have to have the shiny canvas (which doesn't work for all photos) and they also touch up your photos if they need it, but as mine didn't I can't say if that's any good or not. The detail in it is incredible and I'm amazed every day I look at it.

Nice one, what sort of picture was it of?

Gazunta

codswallop said:
Oh Christ the last thing I ever want to see again is one of those fucking owls. :p

Omi said:
Nice one, what sort of picture was it of?
It was a stitch of Neuschwanstein in Bavaria. I thought I had one I'd taken at the same time on the Internet but I don't seem to...

Gazunta said:
Oh Christ the last thing I ever want to see again is one of those fucking owls. :p
Character from the studios' last good game?

elfinke

Choc said:
front page of both sydney newspapers

gillard has lost the caucus like rudd did

The first rule of best script writing is that no one knows what's happening? Heard on the radio this morning that the power brokers who helped get us into this untenable fucked up position have 'learnt their lesson' and aren't willing to stab Julia the way they did Rudd.

Omikron

jgminto said:
I doubt it is happening but I have always preferred Rudd to Julia.

Rudd had too many ideas and not enough actual implementation.

Gillard for all her failings has sorted out pretty much all of Rudd's loose ends, just this whole asylum seeker debacle has fucked her up royally.

markot

Banned
Whoever thought the 'Malaysia solution' was a good idea should walk the plank imo.

Kinda sad that in a week where Abbot brought back the spectre of work choices Labor is on the back foot again.

Omikron

markot said:
Whoever thought the 'Malaysia solution' was a good idea should walk the plank imo.

Kinda sad that in a week where Abbot brought back the spectre of work choices Labor is on the back foot again.

Except the majority celebrating the failure of the 'malaysian solution' yet support Nauru (among others) as a solution need to look at their own policy, because IMO, these could very well be illegal as well.

Some sort of irony in it all I suppose.

Choc

Banned
markot said:

if workchoices starts to be talked again or anythign like it, abbott would lose the election

elfinke said:
All these AusGAF queens, and not one mention of ABC's best ever sport presenter, Amanda Shalala?

I am disappoint.
Dang. We have some damn fine women in this country.

Time to bite the bullet and send all the refugees to Tassie. Maybe start being a little more harsh on our wasted potential population. Make the unproductive productive! Or grind them up into food for the rest of us please.

Choc said:
if workchoices starts to be talked again or anythign like it, abbott would lose the election
Have you ever thought about dropping out of gaming pr and taking up political relations? Could become the next Carl Rove.

elfinke

Choc said:

You would hope (and perhaps think) so, but I fear that the combination of his huge existing lead, combined with sheer dissatisfaction with the Labor party at the moment (combined with disenfranchisement over Independents and Greens) would mean he'd probably still sail in.

I live in one of the safest electorates in the country (Tony Windsor), and even here there has been an immense backlash over his siding with Labor and where that has lead us.

Not my personal view though.

Ydahs said:
Tried playing, but I got this error:

"The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

It might be because I'm trying it on my new laptop which probably doesn't has the latest drivers. I'll try updating in the afternoon and get back to you.

edit: just updated drivers. Working now.

Played for like 5 minutes since it's 4 oclock. I'm stuck on a elevator that never ends. Did I win?

Don't really mind the graphics. Think it looks pretty decent. As you mentioned, the enemy AI is an issue. I think if there was some intelligence for the enemies, it can be a fun game. Maybe a weapon (flamethrower!!1!)?

So it's a demo or showcase to highschoolers? Also what engine is this using? Having worked on games myself and looking at it from a programmer's perspective, I think you've done an impressive job.
We had about 3 Weeks to put that together with me hacking the powerup code about 5 minutes before I posted. Because we didn't have so much time, we decided as a group that one weapon was easier to balance and implement than 2 or 3. We're using C++ and Gamebryo.

I'm writing a mild toon shader soon that will make the graphics nicer.

I'm on a tram atm so I'll write a better post later about the past few Weeks.

elfinke said:
I live in one of the safest electorates in the country (Tony Windsor), and even here there has been an immense backlash over his siding with Labor and where that has lead us.

Not my personal view though.
CHANGE. Change is a powerful emotion. Makes people think stupid decisions like think Work Choices would be a good idea. Basically people don't want to be told they will have to pay an extra 50 cents a day so fuck Labour and fuck the environment/refugees/addicts/dying.

Also Rudd was a nice bloke. Like the anti-Howard.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ONE of America's biggest anti-piracy companies was too scared to take on Telstra over copyright breaches and instead pursued the smaller iiNet, according to leaked documents published on WikiLeaks.

lol.

elfinke said:
Yup.

Also, Tripwire have delivered:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

Will be joining the beta action tonight :D

Oh man its soo good. i was playing last night. Admittedly it was not as steep a lurning curve as i had expected, i was in top 5 on server most of the night. (64p server) very much fun. Actually liked that i was up top for capping points etc not for the most kills. death stats aren't even shown on scoreboard. Sniper was hard to use but rewarding when you get kills with it.
2 Highlights of my night.

1) was going to call bullsh*t on missing a head shot....that was until i saw the bullet actually hit the wall behind the guys head and it was clearly a miss. very impressed.
2) hilarity ensued when i rushed forward, came round to face out a door only to see about 20 enemies all moving forward together as i brought up my sniper scope, shot out of panic. 8 kills and a whole lot of rag-doll to enjoy.

Choc

Banned
For those of you who fly a lot with work and have qantas frequent flyer

Virgin will match your status if you sign up with them and can prove your status with QF to them

So I signed up and am instant silver :D

wonder if this is on ozbargain.

And yes if any of you guys are QF Platinum (like my mate who flies 10000000000000x a year with his job) that means you will get Virgin platinum for life.

elfinke

Marshmellow said:
Oh man its soo good. i was playing last night. Admittedly it was not as steep a lurning curve as i had expected, i was in top 5 on server most of the night. (64p server) very much fun. Actually liked that i was up top for capping points etc not for the most kills. death stats aren't even shown on scoreboard. Sniper was hard to use but rewarding when you get kills with it.
2 Highlights of my night.

1) was going to call bullsh*t on missing a head shot....that was until i saw the bullet actually hit the wall behind the guys head and it was clearly a miss. very impressed.
2) hilarity ensued when i rushed forward, came round to face out a door only to see about 20 enemies all moving forward together as i brought up my sniper scope, shot out of panic. 8 kills and a whole lot of rag-doll to enjoy.

Awesome. I have been browsing the GAF/SA/TWI forums reading impressions, when I remembered it was 2011 and people stream games for me to watch.

So here I am, at work on a very very slow day, watching justin.tv and twitch.tv streams of RO2 :D

Marshmellow said:
was going to call bullsh*t on missing a head shot....that was until i saw the bullet actually hit the wall behind the guys head and it was clearly a miss. very impressed.
This sounds very, very good. Very important in an MP game to know that it was your mistake and not the games. Might have to check this out, especially since it is priced well. Hope the community sticks around for a while after release.

reptilescorpio said:
This sounds very, very good. Very important in an MP game to know that it was your mistake and not the games. Might have to check this out, especially since it is priced well. Hope the community sticks around for a while after release.

When you can run around dying and still enjoy yourself....i think i can safely recommend it.

Bernbaum

Stackboy said:
I'm all for Myf to be our Aus Queen.
AusGAF loves curves.

Choc said:
For those of you who fly a lot with work and have qantas frequent flyer

Virgin will match your status if you sign up with them and can prove your status with QF to them

So I signed up and am instant silver :D

wonder if this is on ozbargain.

And yes if any of you guys are QF Platinum (like my mate who flies 10000000000000x a year with his job) that means you will get Virgin platinum for life.
I will remember this. Work flies us QANTAS by default, and we rack up the points pretty quick flying Business, but I had a much more enjoyable international flight on Virgin Economy than QANTAS Economy.

pilonv1

Bernbaum said:
AusGAF loves curves.

I will remember this. Work flies us QANTAS by default, and we rack up the points pretty quick flying Business, but I had a much more enjoyable international flight on Virgin Economy than QANTAS Economy.

I'll look into this. Flew Virgin for work for the first time last week and it was much more enjoyable, mainly because the flight wasn't packed. Not sure what I'll do with all my Qantas points though, and I think I'm only Bronze at the moment.

Top Bottom