• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar

VOOK said:
]It’s Official! Madworld has been rated by the Australian Classification board and been given the big red MA15+

So... What's a Madworld? Is that the Wii game with the cool art style?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mar_ said:
So... What's a Madworld? Is that the Wii game with the cool art style?

And Awesome amounts of Violence ;D

legend166 said:

It is!

x3n05 said:
Excellent news, thanks for the update Vook, is this a game we will get the same time as everyone else?

March Apparently, but now that it is rated we'll get a confirmed one soon enough.

pitt_norton

VOOK said:

madworldOFLC.gif

src

Best news of 2009.

Yagharek

Fucking ACE news about Madworld. Good to hear, but at least the uk is a good backup option.

pseudocaesar said:
haha yeh same here in Hobart. I had to hunt the little sucker down.

JB had heaps of them yesterday, still some in stock today too.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh and this thread needs a better title. I keep missing it when it's on the front page. :lol

Kritz

Banned
pseudocaesar said:
haha yeh same here in Hobart. I had to hunt the little sucker down.

Fucking liar. Nobody else on GAF is from Tasmania.

I'll probably pick up the PS3 tomorrow, assuming they've got some still in stock. I'll probably only pick up a single game, and I haven't decided between MGS4 or Uncharted. I'll probably go MGS4, even without playing the other three. I know the basic story (that is a terrible lie), and at some point I'll also pick up a PS2 to play the others.

And I'm so glad Mad World got through. And that House of the Dead pack is so awesome.

Kritz

Banned
Bah, no luck with getting the PS3 today. The Cat and Fiddle EBGames didn't have any, and the Eastlands EBGames were closed. Didn't try the Northgate EBgames because I ran out of time in the day. I'll call the Eastlands and Northgate stores tomorrow to see if they still have some 40GBs in stock.

If not, I guess I'll wait for a pricedrop. Not really willing to spend $688 on another console. And it's not like I don't have anything to play at the moment.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rlan said:
I bought Boom Blox for $15 a few weeks ago, but I've yet to play it :p

I'll get around to it eventually.

In the meantime, those of you who are huge Tony Martin fans, he was on RRR Radio last Friday. Someone over at Champagnecomedy.com put up a podcast version of it:

Part 1 - 58MB

Part 2 - 38MB

It's all hilarious stuff. Apparently he was one of the Top 20 contributors to IMDB back in 1999 - he would go "gardening" every Sunday and input every single New Zealand film ever made.

Such a fucking nerd, I love it :lol

Sweet, thanks for the Tony Martin links!

Oh i had no idea Tony and Ed did a Marsland tribute podcast. Currently listening to it now, God Get This was amazing.

Quasar

VOOK said:
It’s Official! Madworld has been rated by the Australian Classification board and been given the big red MA15+, and not only that, it’s coming completely unedited. We knew SEGA Australia were fighting hard for the game and it seems to have paid off. The Classification Board has said the game has “Strong bloody violence, Strong coarse language” which we are glad to see. The game is set for a March release.

I have to say I'm bloody surprised. And frankly it shows how broken the system is. Good to hear though for Wii owners.

Interesting to see both GTA DS and this getting through unedited.

rass

yo ausgaf, where is the best place in eastern suburbs melbourne to pick up a xbox 360? i am probably going to go for arcade as its all i can afford, get a hard drive later down the track. do the arcades have a hdmi port? (only port i have free on my tele) i asked in game today whilst picking up de blob (cant find my nunchuck = no play :() and if i remember correctly, arcade was like 280 or 290? could i get it cheaper anywhere else?

iam.rass said:
yo ausgaf, where is the best place in eastern suburbs melbourne to pick up a xbox 360? i am probably going to go for arcade as its all i can afford, get a hard drive later down the track. do the arcades have a hdmi port? (only port i have free on my tele) i asked in game today whilst picking up de blob (cant find my nunchuck = no play :() and if i remember correctly, arcade was like 280 or 290? could i get it cheaper anywhere else?

Yeah it has a hdmi port. Big W has it for 288, I don't think you'll be able to get it cheaper than at Game/Big W.

Mar

Wasn't FEAR 2 banned? It's up on EB games' website as being released on 11th of Feb, with an MA15+ rating. Anyone know what's going on here? And, if it has been cleaned up for an Aus release, what was changed?

Edit:

I should have googled before I posted.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/16/f-e-a-r-2-australia-ban-lifted-set-for-2009/

Australian gamers were struck with relief last month when they learned that F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin was effectively banned Down Under, thus protecting them from evil, creepy children. Bad news then, Australian gamers, because it looks like you'll have something to fear after all. IGN reports that Warner Interactive's appeal to the Australian Classification Board was successful, thus landing the game an MA15+ rating. Even worse, the game remains completely unchanged, meaning every terrifying moment, every grisly bit of gore is intact. The game is even scheduled to hit its original February 2009 release date.

Fuck yeah. I have a game to look forward to now!

Kritz

Banned
!

Found and bought a PS3. Woo.

Good: I now own a PS3
Bad: The controller's busted (as in, the previous owner threw it at a wall and it's broken apart), it didn't come with a USB cable for the controller*, no game and no HDMI cable. It's also fingerprinted and scratched to hell and back.

I'm heading into JBHiFi soon to grab replacements / games / extras.

* Thank god Sony has universal USB cables. I used one of my camera's cables to sync / charge the controller.

:D

pilonv1

apparently red ant have gone into recievership, or so sez kotaku.

hopefully someone picks up the Capcom and Bethesda deals. midway I really don't care.

stonedwal

pilonv1 said:
apparently red ant have gone into recievership, or so sez kotaku.

hopefully someone picks up the Capcom and Bethesda deals. midway I really don't care.
Confirmed

Been a couple of years since I touched anything to do with insolvency, but it is my understanding that they can continue to trade normally under voluntary administration.

pilonv1

It would be a shame for them to go under when they have some awesome product coming up. Hopefully all turns out well for them.

Fusebox

Banned
Darklord said:
So JB sucks with prices now and EB it useless. Anyone know where Skate 2 will be cheapest?

JB and EB are crazy pricy these days, $120 for MGS4 etc. GAME has had some good pricing lately, otherwise I just trawl K-Mart, Target etc for titles on special.

Puck

Banned
Yes, old / "recent" games will be at a 100-120 mark at JB/EB, rarely dropping below, however, majority of new releases (first 2-3 weeks) will still be $89 as Big W and JB will be going head to head.

Kujo

iam.rass said:
EB - $249

141806_deal_january_pricedrop.jpg

Quasar

The top 10 games of 08.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/screenplay/archives//020928.html

1. Wii Fit - Wii
2. Wii Play - Wii
3. Mario Kart - Wii
4. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - Wii
5. Grand Theft Auto IV - PlayStation 3
6. Grand Theft Auto IV - Xbox 360
7. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training - Nintendo DS
8. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - Nintendo DS
9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii
10. Big Beach Sports - Wii

Big Beach Sports? Was it the beach cricket minigame? Or desperation for Wii Sports 2?

I guess with Wrath of the Lichking not there its a console only chart.

Gazunta

Weren't Sega and Ozisoft the one and the same at one point?

God, I hated that company so much. They're the reason the whole 'double the price and 5 months later' tradition started.

stonedwal

Gazunta said:
Weren't Sega and Ozisoft the one and the same at one point?

God, I hated that company so much. They're the reason the whole 'double the price and 5 months later' tradition started.
Yeah, Sega held a controlling interest in Ozisoft between 1992 and March 1998. Burmeister and Dyne bought back Sega's interest and then sold it to Infogrames in late 1998.

The_Dude

Quasar said:
Big Beach Sports? Was it the beach cricket minigame? Or desperation for Wii Sports 2?
I don't know if it counts towards sales, but it could be because it was so often bundled with the Wii at places like Big W, etc.

rass

thanks to people for letting me know where 360 was cheap, pickep up the arcade special, 60gb hdd/live starter pack and skate 2 at eb. they price matched kmart for skate 2 without questioning it, i didnt take a catalogue or anything, saved me $20 :)
i like the controller so far, but its hard to change after the hours i put into skate 1 on ps3, time to start looking for cheap 360 games :D

anyone know if amped 2 will work?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gazunta said:
THAT'S who's name I was trying to remember! Ohhhh the stories I could tell....

He's still around... I remember seeing him somewhere

The_Dude said:
I don't know if it counts towards sales, but it could be because it was so often bundled with the Wii at places like Big W, etc.

They are counted, as it's not a bundle from Nintendo nor is it boxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom