• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia to compete in Eurovision 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

That was Ireland!

Oh snap you're rught, I'm kinda sorrusorry. Kinda because they became famous through X Factor so some blame is still on ya.

This is both a nice gesture for the 60th anniversary based on the logic of the EBU but also completely weird and crazy and will confuse a lot of people.

Couldn't think of a decision that's more Eurovision-esque than that.

Nice way to phrase it. I hope Australia sends the most insane act they can come up with.

markot

Banned
More reason for you to join our annual Eurovision thread then.

UK?
Rest of Europe takes Eurovision very, very seriously.

Australia. I mean, we had Terry Wogan commentry for years, so we basically see the Eurovision the same way you guys do, a joke.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So it's really just white people vision right?

Is Turkey in it?

You have no idea.

iFcXZRD.gif

tumblr_m4c18o56fe1r1iod8o1_500.gif

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wasn't Gina G Australian?

She was, this is late reparations for the UK being denied victory that year, and causing us to not give a fuck about it ever again.

'Ooh aah just a little bit' was as Eurovision a song as it was possible to create, it deserved automatic 12's from everyone.

What

So like, can Canada join Eurovision now? I have no idea why Australia can join other than the sharing of head of state. But even that makes no sense

Some Canadian singers have been participating for European countries (you don't have to be a citizen of the country you represent). For example, Natasha St-Pier and Céline Dion.

turkey doesn't compete anymore; their official stance is because of some of the recent rule changes (the Big 5 getting an automatic spot in the finals, etc.)

they competed after some of those rules had already been in place, though, so I wish they'd come back :/

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
turkey doesn't compete anymore; their official stance is because of some of the recent rule changes (the Big 5 getting an automatic spot in the finals, etc.)

they competed after some of those rules had already been in place, though, so I wish they'd come back :/

Shame. They had become a bit of a fixture.

Apoptomon

It's been kinda funny how Australia's had more and more shout-outs over the past few years of Eurovision. I honestly thought that the only reason we got to send Mauboy over last time was because of the Danish princess being from Tasmania.

It's all good fun though, right? Eurovision is crazy awesome.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
LOL.

I find it funny, Australia is in the Asia World Cup (Football/Soccer), yet Australia isn't technically part of Asia.

And now we're a part of Eurovision?! Ha!

israels in eurovision, palestine is in the Asia world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom