• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBwB

Damn I'm so happy right now haha.

After seeing him lose countless times in finals over the years... He finally gets a win! Against his biggest rival no less!

Makareu

What an awesome game. I never dreamed of another Federer / Nadal final.

I am deligthed for Federer and really sad for Nadal, both are great in their own way.

I hope someone will gif Federer reaction after he saw the match point decision.

Smellycat

I can't believe Federer pulled this off!! What a legend. That fifth set performance was incredible, especially since Nadal was incredibly clutch!!! It really makes the win even sweeter.

So many records set here!

18th slam
first man in history to hold at least 5 titles in 3 different GSs
Oldest GS champion since God knows how long
First time winning back to back 5 setters, and what a time to do it!!
First time beating Nadal at a GS since 2007!!! 10 freaking years
first time beating 4 top 10 opponents in a GS (he never beat more than 2 before this tournament)

I am so overjoyed!!! I can't believe it!!!

jett

D-Member
I remember the days when Nadal was megahumble and saying he was happy being number two, lol. You can see the anger seeping outside of him.

JBwB

Rafa will get his chances in the FO and other slams.

But right now this is Federer's moment! Enjoy it man! You deserve it!

Hazzuh

zMC7usP.jpg

Nice to see Rafa be so gracious as both always have. Boy, I cannot believe Fed won a slam in 2017, I knew he had it in him but I doubted his resolve against Rafa, for he truly until now had been Roger's kryptonite.

Such a great final.

You might have thought Nadal would be happy being back in slam finals but he looks absolutely livid.

Nah, these guys are incredible competitors and the reason why we engage in them and vicariously live through them, is because when they lose, you just know it fucking hurts like nothing else. That's why they win, it's all the more sweeter. Gutted for Rafa, really hoped he get his 15th slam, but that look on his face, that disappoinment, Federer has had more than enough of that in the last few years. He deserves that 18th, but, boy oh! boy, do I wish Rafa could have beat him.

clemenx

Banned
I remember the days when Nadal was megahumble and saying he was happy being number two, lol. You can see the anger seeping outside of him.

Yep. Im surprised he legit looks more pissed than in his RG losses.

Its making me like him more lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom