• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So great for Federer. Really justifies the last four years of toil and suffering and vindicates his decision to hang around. Made everyone who thought he should have retired by now eat their words.

miserable

Mentally Weak? He just made the final and is the second best player to ever hold a tennis racket for fucks sake.

what does it tell you that he was up a break in the 5th and fucked it up against a Roger who sure is great, but let's be honest he wasn't that good today? this is different from the 2012 final when it was a similar situation but he was up against Super Djoker, not an old man who has never beaten him in this court.

sam777

what does it tell you that he was up a break in the 5th and fucked it up against a Roger who sure is great, but let's be honest he wasn't that good today? this is different from the 2012 final when it was a similar situation but he was up against Super Djoker, not an old man who has never beaten him in this court.

I just think Nadal was too tired in that last set, it seemed like the Dimitrov match was catching up with him. I mean Federer had BP oppurtunities in every game of that last set.

Betfair odds to win AO:

Murray 2
Raonic 7.8
Wawrinka 8.2
Nadal 13
Dimitrov 21
Federer 29
Nishikori 40

I'm gonna put a tenner on Federer and buy Oti a Switch if he wins.

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

oti

Banned
51588e5bdec04727a790bdbc03b679f6.png

������������������������������

:O

Empty

really like how deeply annoyed nadal is. makes me respect him more. you can see how high the stakes are for him after his wilderness years, that he's realized his body is running out of time.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Great speech by Federer, now I don't mind him winning all that much.

Also, Federer is winning that hairline battle against Rafa for sure, I thought Rafa recently had a hair transplant?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
6 months off tour, beats four players in the top ten, including his greatest rival who has historically owned him head to head. Just unreal.

Rafa doesn't have as many crazy gets as before, but when he's going for his shots he's still incredible. I'm not sure Roger would be able to do it again if they were to play once more. Incredible match, with an incredible narrative for Roger.

MrS

Banned
Very happy to see Roger win. Dude is the greatest. Also pleased to see Rafa back and playing great tennis. Two legends have made it a great day for tennis.

cackhyena

To have these two go at it in 2017 for a final again and have my mans win it after all this time against Rafa...a shining light in these dark times.

On behalf of all Australian's I would like to apologize for Basil being the presentation guy.

You know during last nights Women's final he said Michael Jackson wore #23 (as Serena won her 23rd slam)... getting his MJ's confused lol.

Rafa doesn't have as many crazy gets as before, but when he's going for his shots he's still incredible. I'm not sure Roger would be able to do it again if they were to play once more. Incredible match, with an incredible narrative for Roger.

I think they delivered a classic in the end. You can't be switched on for the entire match, not at their age anyway, but for those moments when they were, it was brilliant to see. The fifth set was great, both had chances and Nadal will be replaying those break points in Fed's final service game for some time. I think that's what you want as a tennis fan. A great five setter where either guy was a point or two away from winning it.

Look at the winner count of Fed compared to Nadal. Beautiful to watch, and such an offensive player.

The greatest of all time. Even if he does have massive brain farts.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That one point in the fifth set that set up a break point for Fed was the point of the match easily. That was incredible.

Costa Kid

really like how deeply annoyed nadal is. makes me respect him more. you can see how high the stakes are for him after his wilderness years, that he's realized his body is running out of time.
Federer is running out of time. I want Federer to win as much as possible while he still can!

Dude just missed 6 months and is not getting younger. I think he's just being realistic. Every single interview he dismissed it and said he still loves it and i can't see this changing his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom