• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Remember how brutally Chidori died in Kiznaiver?
j_In_V26n.jpg

It was brutal guys.

That bit where she was just unceremoniously dumped when starting her confession was just
heero2pkjs.png

Still probably my AOTS even with that disgusting ending, hope it can get to top 10 at least.

Kiznaiver is on a lot of lists, so it wouldn't surprise me if it made it.

I think by now having a look at the AOTY thread there is a general theme going for which shows go where in terms of placings. Not that this year didn't have a lot of good shows, but in general opinions don't differ as much as I thought they would. Mob is the #1 but you also see a lot of JoJo, Rakugo, Re:Zero, Haikyuu, Konosuba, Erased... Just off the top of my head that's already 7/10 shows.

Qurupeke

Hanasaku Iroha 1
Good God... I'm at a loss for words. I thought this was a happy country life SoL and instead I got the combo of worst mother and grandmother in anime, under aged employment, workplace violence and a good main character that everyone treats like she's worse than trash. What the hell.

Magi: Kingdom of Magic - END
So Magi started pretty well in season 1 but I gradually lost interest as it went into politics/longer arcs rather than just adventuring. It looks kinda good but the battles got pretty boring and humor didn't hit the right marks for me. A middling adventure series overall, wouldn't recommend unless you really like the genre.

Cornbread78

Remember how brutally Chidori died in Kiznaiver?

It was brutal guys.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Qurupeke, post: 227498935"]RIP Chidori
RIP Nico
RIP Tenga[/QUOTE]

[quote="Turin Turambar, post: 227499155"]Oh yeah that was a nice thing Kiznaiver did.[/QUOTE]

The fate of a childhood friend; she bore that responsibility well...

Hanasaku Iroha 1

Good God... I'm at a loss for words. I thought this was a happy country life SoL and instead I got the combo of worst mother and grandmother in anime, under aged employment, workplace violence and a good main character that everyone treats like she's worse than trash. What the hell.

2CONANP.jpg

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hanasaku Iroha 1

Good times watching that show. Even if it's very inconsistent.

/XX/

When will all anime be in 4k and take advantage of HDR? Imagine how epic Boruto tv would be, rasengan and past pt 1 naruto moments would look even more splendid. I hope anime embraces it immediately.
When will all anime be completely cg?
Most likely! It could be a real pain in the ass with just traditional 2D along an all digital animation tool-chain, due to the sheer amount of work involved on instances like complex foreground or background pans and more for which are required enormous, unpractical "canvas" sizes even prior compositing. Without mentioning the equipment currently in use on many studio's digital photography departments (still obsolete for the most part, and those would be restrictive in the most obtuse ways judging by the remarks made by legend Hisashi Ezura in 2013).

On the other hand, ubiquitous film stock at non-narrow gauge is still serviceable at those resolutions depending on the scan capture kind used, without much further processing. Said this, if we are talking of taking complete advantage of forward standards, that means for the previous example they sure have nearly surpassed the threshold of resolvable detail present on line-work captured on such film. A perceived 'softness' in comparison would be unavoidable, hence the 3DCGI expansive and limitless future possibilities as the all-encompassing way to take.

phaze

Hanasaku Iroha 1

But you get sweet OP & ED in package so it's all cool though right ?

Got to make a go at this again at one point, I liked the first episode well enough but didn't continue.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K 01

Uhh, this was dull and unfunny and visually bland as if I were watching Handa-kun S2. But I guess I chuckled at two jokes ? Will give it one more ep.

Also Kamiya Hiroshi in a non-Shaft show ? What is this sorcery ?

Narag

Nobunaga no Shinobi 0-13

Recommended for sengoku era fans after a lighthearted take on the period as it's p. damn funny and actually fairly exciting.. Also 3 minute eps and fanservice free.

Hanasaku Iroha 1

Just wait till you see episode 3 :p

Oh, and try to stick with it even after episode 3.

phaze

Hiroshi Kamiya appears in reams of anime, most of which are not by Shaft. Just this past year he's been a lead in Doukyuusei, Bungo Stray Dogs, Natsume's Book of Friends, and The Great Passage, among others.

kanhvuz6.png

Well I do know he does other stuff but I mostly recognize him from his Shaft stuff. Thought he was on a kind of sabbatical too for some reason.

Nobunaga no Shinobi 0-13

Recommended for sengoku era fans after a lighthearted take on the period as it's p. damn funny and actually fairly exciting.. Also 3 minute eps and fanservice free.

This finished already ? Think I was at ep 12 and it didn't exactly look like it was moving to conclusion.

Hanasaku Iroha 1

Great show, but yeah. It definitely starts heavier than you would expect. I love that whole cast so much.

Aki-at

It's better if it doesn't make "history" though, lol

Needs to join Kill la Kill and Panty & Stocking in the hall of fame though, it's part of GAFs rich history!

Kiznaiver feels like one of those anime people stopped talking as soon it finished airing.

Fell apart at the end for me and the main character never developed enough for me to care about it in the end. It was quite strong with characters but it couldn't execute the final two episodes to give a meaningful conclusion.

John Blade

What I learn about this episode.

• Youto is a dog who follow Azusa like a pet even though she don't want it. Give us a fun scene for this.
  • Azusa have couple of jobs she do after school which Youto and Tsukiko found out which also bring a funny scene between them (look pics above for an idea).
  • Some minor backstory of Tsukiko which you learn when both of them are waiting for Azusa to finish her job.
  • Some sort of connection between Tsukiko and Youto. Like bonding of sort (maybe pushing into relationship of sort).
  • Youto manage to get Azusa to go on a date with him. This bring out some of the best scene in this episode of miscommunication of what Azusa expectation for this date and Youto try to impress her (a bit too quick Youto for it).
  • Tsukiko manage to get Azusa to go to the arcade and somehow manage to become friend for a bit with her.
  • Found out a bit more of Azusa fear of friendship which you notice from a scene in the arcade.
  • Found out Tsukiko and Tsukushi are actually related which Youto didn't notice at all. Another fun scene.

Overall, a fun episode to watch for the funny scene which come out here. Also, I guess it will get a bit more serious now for what happen at the end. Hope to see Azusa start to believe they is some sort of friendship between Tsukiko and Youto but this might take some more work from the look of it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I kind of want to watch this hentai prince thing it looks like narag the show.

Just T

Izetta: 7-12

Eh, it was alright. There were neat action sequences and a few...very few good character moments here and there. That's it.

Poco's Udon World: 1-5

This has been so good so far. Adorable feel good show all around. The characters have been great so far, Souta and Poco's bonding especially. Been skipping that end segment though, keep that lol.

Ah, Happy New Year everyone!

Erigu

Hiroshi Kamiya appears in reams of anime, most of which are not by Shaft. Just this past year he's been a lead in Doukyuusei, Bungo Stray Dogs, Natsume's Book of Friends, and The Great Passage, among others.
The last one was more or less a Monogatari reunion, by the way. Even his character's girlfriend...

Poco's Udon World: 1-5

This has been so good so far. Adorable feel good show all around. The characters have been great so far, Souta and Poco's bonding especially. Been skipping that end segment though, keep that lol.

Ah, Happy New Year everyone!
Another one saw the light and fell for Poco's sweetness! Prepare yourself this is one sweet ride of an anime.

I'm really surprised as to how Poco did not get watched more here, since it felt like something animegaf would like.

Cornbread78

I kind of want to watch this hentai prince thing it looks like narag the show.

It's a fun show that gets kind of serious/weird towards the end. The ending was good though.

Another one saw the light and fell for Poco's sweetness! Prepare yourself this is one sweet ride of an anime.

I'm really surprised as to how Poco did not get watched more here, since it felt like something animegaf would like.

True. It's a very good show!

Quasar

Maybe with Sweetness and Flying Witch this year already some weren't looking for more. I really liked it, put it in my top 10. But then this kind of anime really is my jam.

Akira

Story is set in 2019, Neo-Tokyo. I love how in 1988 this was their vision of the timeline we are on currently on in real life. Anyway this movie was wild. No wonder this movie is so highly regarded, it was FANTASTIC.

Never too late to see a classic!
I have a plethora of stuff to get through. It's not every day that I dedicate 2 hours to watching something though, so these only come every so often on a quiet day. GITS1995 and Akira are crossed off the list, but I'm sure I will be watching more soon. I wanna get through the whole GITS Universe at some point too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom