• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AV Snob Makes Ridiculous 360 HDMI Claim!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
tetsuoxb said:
http://www.dvdo.com/pro/pro_isvp30.php

vp30-rearview-3600.jpg

Doesn't do sound... but what it will do is upscale any source to 1080p.

Tack this badboy onto my lovely Sharp LC-45GD1 LCD panel via an HDMI->DVI cable and boom, high end 1080p input capable.

Hey Klee, did you know that the 65in Sharp also has the external AVC, so you can bypass it and do 1080p inputs from the DVDO?

I was flipping through a government AV publication yesterday and saw this. Will output anything to any resolution including 1080p. 1080i is the max input res. If it's anywhere near expensive as other similar devices that I work with, none of us can afford it.

Well maybe a few of us... ;)

Oh, and it has to do sound if it's accepting HDMI and has optical ins/outs.

Raistlin

neptunes said:
Is that the stereo seen in Infernal Affairs 2?

Haven't seen the movie ... is it worth watching?

I suppose it could be. av123 does some manufacturing in China, but I'm not sure about this particular unit.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/receivers/RXV2600.htm

I was doing some research on receivers because I need a new one with component and hdmi inputs...this one seemed to have the best features...converts everything to hdmi, does some upscaling, component inputs, etc.

Only, I'm not sure if it's a better than going with the switches. I just think that receivers are just not ready for primetime yet so I'll wait.

Is that the stereo seen in Infernal Affairs 2?
Holy crap! It totally is! I just saw the trilogy recently (great friggin stuff), and I'm just about dead positive that's the unit Sam's GF has at her place.
I was looking at the pics and it was looking so familiar. Neptunes has great taste by the way.
IA1>IA2(but only slightly)>>IA3

Joeholley

Is there any concern on a reciever that you'll get video lag (similar to what many people complain about when playing 480i signals on new HDTVs that upscan) on signals it upscans? Seems like they wouldn't be likely to be concerned about the video upscan hardware being fast enought to not introduce lag in games in an audio reciever. The last thing you want to be doing is playing DMC3 or a fighting game or the like with a 1/5 or 1/4 second lag between when you press the button and when you see your action take place on screen.

Dachande

So, okay, for the OP's receiver, someone clarify something for me.

Say you have three consoles with component inputs - there's three component in's there after all. Where does the audio go? There's a million audio inputs and several outputs!

Seth C

Dachande said:
So, okay, for the OP's receiver, someone clarify something for me.

Say you have three consoles with component inputs - there's three component in's there after all. Where does the audio go? There's a million audio inputs and several outputs!

The optical ins are generally programmable. You can assign them to match up with whichever video input you'd like.

Top Bottom