• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: The Last Airbender competitive multiplayer fighting game announced | Due out in Early Access in 2025

Avatar-Fighting-Game-Ann_02-15-24-768x432.jpg

Maximum Games has entered into a partnership with Paramount Consumer Products to develop a competitive multiplayer fighting game set in the universe of Avatar: The Last Airbender, the company announced. It will launch in Early Access in 2025. A developer and platforms were not announced.

(Announcement starts at 12:38)

Robb

Gold Member
Eh, not really sure I’d be interested in a fighting game for this franchise. Really need to know who the developer is in this case.

DUDE WHAT THE FUCK!

Avatar is sick and that game could be cool but FUCK THAT! WTF is Project Z (the game right after it) that looks so fucking sick!

Last edited:

POKEYCLYDE

Pro-bending battles from The Legend of Korra would make a better competitive multiplayer game.

A Mortal Kombat style fighting game, I don't think that will sell well at all, even if it's good.

RedC

This could be good.

I see Mike Z, game designer of Skullgirls, is a design director at Maximum Entertainment and will likely have some involvement.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The use of multiplayer has me confused, since fighting games are mp by nature.
Do they mean running around a map with others like that ninja strikers game, or naraka bladepoint? Or an actual 1v1 fighting game?
I also haven't heard about maximum games, and fighting games is a genre that's pretty hard to get right unless you have people who really understand them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom