• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar the last airbender.. games

Pachinko

They all seem to be out this week and I saw them at Rogers video for rent , seeing the home console ones looked like ass I went with the DS game becuase I figured they might try something different there...

What I've got so far is a really dull RPG with a broken realtime combat engine , it didn't seem broken until I made it to the boss enemy where you can't do anything except get hurt continuously. Also the lack of save points is kind of a nuisance becuase instead of saving before said boss I hadn't saved in 15 minutes , which I now have to redo becuase I should have pressed start and saved...

Basically the combat gives you and attack, special attack and a block button. You can attack continuously and whatever you do a chi meter fills up, when it's full you can block anything or use it all up to do your airbending air slice attack. It's simple enough I guess , the problem is during the boss fight I made it to you have to block repeatadly and play the game really patiently, something I'm not to fond of.

Also sadly, it has nothing to do with the story from the show aside from featuring the same cast of characters. And a grainy bink encoded video of the opening credit sequence.

I'm willing to bet this mediocre but nice looking DS game is better then the shitty looking ps2/xbox/gamecube title though.

jman2050

In the hands of a capable developer, the franchise has serious potential to be somethin special video game-wise.

As it stands, it'll be mindless shovelware. As expected :(

BenT

From what I could tell it's basically Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for kids. I didn't think it was bad for a kiddy game.

Edit: Oh, this is referring to the PS2 / multiplatform game. Dunno about the DS version.

Top Bottom