• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Castlevania inspired music (mp3's inside)

GhostSeed

That's some great stuff. I'm a big Castlevania fan, and the series usually has some sweet music. Even your avatar rules. Awesome stuff, thanks a lot.

Sega

Hehe it's so weird listening to this. At least in the songs I heard (try Redmoon in particular), he pretty much cut and pasted from various Castlevania songs, and glued the pieces together with no-so-catchy melodies. It's very disorienting, wanting to continue to sing each of the pieces, only to go into another piece from another song.

Good attempt though. Much better than I could do.

GhostSeed

Sega said:
Hehe it's so weird listening to this. At least in the songs I heard (try Redmoon in particular), he pretty much cut and pasted from various Castlevania songs, and glued the pieces together with no-so-catchy melodies. It's very disorienting, wanting to continue to sing each of the pieces, only to go into another piece from another song.

Good attempt though. Much better than I could do.

Could you make out which games they the clips came from?
It all sounds very familar to me but I just chalked it up to the composer being a good copycat sound wise.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
Ah, right. This is from a fairly old (late 90s?) album that I think is called Project Dracula. It was made by a guy named Atsushi Fukai, who made a few albums similar to this for Ys and Twinbee.

It's pretty good overall. Suffers from the low quality MIDI synth but it's easy to recognize a lot of Castlevania melodies in there. Excellent tribute.

Zep

Banned
thumbs_down.gif

Music is to soft too be Castlevania music. Im thinking more of Ghost & Ghouls.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
MegaTen said:
It doesn't sound enough like Konami Kukeiha Club to satisfy Red Scarlet.
first was himuro and now scarlet! you sure have some weird tendecies to follow other gaf members around :/

Top Bottom