• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge 2 comes out TODAY on Switch

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Beat it last night and 100%’d the map.

overall it was still a very good metroidvania, but yeah, 1 was definitely the superior game.

This also felt a lot shorter, though maybe it just felt that way and 1 was just as short.

Dr Bass

I cant get over how god awful the music is in some areas, that woman chanting. They even have her singing like shes underwater. I loved the music in 1. Also, the breach world is a joke.
Yeah I've noticed the music comes across really poorly at times. The game as a whole is ok so far.

Sgt.Asher

I am not enjoying this as much as the first one. The pacing isn't as good nor do the upgrades feel as substantial. I am loving the Sumarian influence, it's rare to see that.

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Got the platinum on this the other day. Absolutely loved it, and axiom verge 1 was one of my top 5 games of the last generation.

I love how it’s not the exact same game. It’s different but still has a lot of what made the original so great. More focus on exploration this time around, I got very much wrapped up in the lore and the world and finding everything.

If I were to make an analogy, this is like dark souls 1 and 2.

Top Bottom