• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 – new Gunvolt design revealed, first gameplay trailer

dity

Wish I could play the first game, but last time I bought it (and got a refund) it didn't work with Xbox One controllers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It boggles the mind that the same people behind Zero 1-4 and Megaman 9 and 10 made this game. It's just so...plodding.

rjc571

Banned
It boggles the mind that the same people behind Zero 1-4 and Megaman 9 and 10 made this game. It's just so...plodding.

Which can mainly be attributed to the fact that it runs at only 30 fps.

I loved Inticreate's earlier work but they completely lost me as a fan with ASG.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Every stage originally had conversations that happen as you progress through them - with your character, other members of QUILL, and even the bosses as you're fighting them.

Additionally, all of these and all of the cutscenes were fully-voiced.

WHAT?! I had not idea. What would they do this!

cireza

That song :/

Otherwise, looks like more of the same. I found that the first game was okay. Really liked the pixel-art.

Which can mainly be attributed to the fact that it runs at only 30 fps.

I loved Inticreate's earlier work but they completely lost me as a fan with ASG.

It's too bad no one has tried to get it running at 60. I spent a few hours on the game and felt that the game's sense of speed is held back by the framerate.

Champion

We back!
Based Inafune and Inti Creates are about to bless us again. ;_;
I'm still waiting for that update for the first game on 3DS.
WeeklyExcitableHake.gif

Mighty No. 9 will have a sequel before you get that update.

ArjanN

To be fair it can become a lot faster paced once you really know what you're doing, have more weapons unlocked etc, but honestly that's only really after you've already beaten the game once.

This topic made me aware of the Steam version. Looks like it has a lot more modes than the 3DS version. Then again, I didn't care much for the first, so I doubt I will buy a sequel. It seemed 100% made for score attacking, while normal play was pretty boring, perhaps outside the bosses. Maybe if they make a retail pack of the two games.

@MUWANdo

Banned
WHAT?! I had not idea. What would they do this!

Before release, people were complaining about the amount of dialogue in the pre-release footage and the way it obscured the screen, plus that shit costs time and money to translate, so they probably didn't think anyone would mind if they excised a lot of it.

That being said, I think a lot of people are annoyed on principle and won't actually care about it either way if they ever do patch it back in. Y'all ain't playing this game for the writing, let's be real here.

PtM

Banned
Before release, people were complaining about the amount of dialogue in the pre-release footage and the way it obscured the screen, plus that shit costs time and money to translate, so they probably didn't think anyone would mind if they excised a lot of it.

That being said, I think a lot of people are annoyed on principle and won't actually care about it either way if they ever do patch it back in. Y'all ain't playing this game for the writing, let's be real here.
But but but censorship!?

ArjanN

Yeah, maybe it would have been fine to have some more dialogue in between missions, but in actual stages there's already enough dialogue, any more would probably just kill the pace.

Luigi87

• Maybe you don't care about score; great! The game's not aimed at you then. Heck, it's not even aimed at speed runners. The level/enemy/boss design in the original was anemic. The game wasn't particularly challenging and more tedious than anything. Until you figure out prevasion at least, then you can literally run through the entire level and ignore most enemies.

Wow, this was a negative post! EDIT: After writing this up, it seems that everyone else posted similar sentiments. So, I'm changing my rant.

That was one thing I liked about the Speedrun mode on the Steam version, the removal of Prevasion.

Agreed. It looks great! I liked the first one a lot and I'm thinking of replaying it.

The other character looks really fun. Inti Creates is a good developer!

Top Bottom