• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back To The Future Bragging Rights

Rydias

Here it is. One of two games that HAUNTED me as a child. In our limited library of games, and country-residence-inability to rent them, this is a game that I played far more than it deserved.
Back_to_the_Future_cart.jpg

I had no chance with the cartridge, so I'll admit, I beat it with an emulator.
backtothefuture.jpg

I didn't cheat, but I used save states, and that's fine by me. In the end, I don't care. I beat it. It's done. You will not haunt me any more Back To The Future.
bafut-1.gif

bafut-2.gif

Sorry for the spoilers, but the above is it. That's THE ENDING. No credits, nothing, nothing, NOTHING! I want to say that I expected more from a game in which should you make it to the FINAL STAGE, that if you mess up, just ONCE, no matter how many lives you have, it ends. GAME OVER. START FROM THE FREAKING BEGINNING!!!!!

Damn you Back To The Future, damn you....

Rydias

I'm contemplating finding a copy of the game just to destroy.

The more civil part of me says it's done, I beat it, just let it go.

But the hate is so strong.

newsguy

Hey Rydias, I had a bad tick as a child and this game caused it. You just brought it back. I hate you. I only got to the final stage once and didn't know what the hell was going on cause it happened so fast. The dancing stage and the end of the bar stage were a pain in my ass.

Rydias

newsguy said:
I only got to the final stage once and didn't know what the hell was going on cause it happened so fast. The dancing stage and the end of the bar stage were a pain in my ass.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!! The final stage is insane! It's so hard to figure out what to do, even after a few tries. The same goes for the dance scene. It took me forever to figure out that you were supposed to treat the music notes as though they were real notes (sharps--raise guitar, flats--lower guitar). And the milkshake bar scene at the beginning is just horrid...

jjasper

jko said:
to all BttF haters:
bifftannengm5fg6.jpg

why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here :lol

250px-Biff_2015.JPG

It's leave, you idiot! "Make like a tree, and leave." You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong.

jko

Rydias said:
jjasper said:
250px-Biff_2015.JPG

The best scene with old Biff is the deleted one where after returning to the future he evaporates in front of a car. It looks painful.

Take that. Butthead.
im kinda glad they took that part out, to keep the series 'consistant', as they didn't show a single soul 'die'...so to speak.

theres another scene in part 3 they deleted where mad dog tannen shot and killed sheriff strickland.

ManaByte

Gold Member
jko said:
to all BttF haters:
bifftannengm5fg6.jpg

why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here :lol

Tom Wilson's an artist now and is doing a signing on November 4th. I kinda want to go and have him sign my copy of the BTTF DVD "to butthead".

Rydias

jko said:
Rydias said:
jjasper said:
250px-Biff_2015.JPG

im kinda glad they took that part out, to keep the series 'consistant', as they didn't show a single soul 'die'...so to speak.

theres another scene in part 3 they deleted where mad dog tannen shot and killed sheriff strickland.

I've just always wondered why old Biff was able to get back to "normal 2015" after giving young Biff the almanac, when Doc and Marty couldn't once they returned to 1985. It seems like the same "rules" would apply.

But alas, I guess such ponderings would've ruined the storyline...

jko

ManaByte said:
Tom Wilson's an artist now and is doing a signing on November 4th. I kinda want to go and have him sign my copy of the BTTF DVD "to butthead".
yeah i heard about that on bttf.com, not that i'd get the chacne to go tho...

jko

Rydias said:
jko said:
Rydias said:
I've just always wondered why old Biff was able to get back to "normal 2015" after giving young Biff the almanac, when Doc and Marty couldn't once they returned to 1985. It seems like the same "rules" would apply.

But alas, I guess such ponderings would've ruined the storyline...
haha that's movies for ya, plot holes galore...i thought up a bunch for the series alone. doesn't keep me from enjoying them tho :D

mikeGFG

Banned
ManaByte said:

you think he'll sign my copy of Oh Là Là?

Rydias

jko said:
good gracious :lol , good thing i've never watched the series :lol

It's hard to consider it as part of the movies, except that Christopher Lloyd did the voice of Doc and actually had short live-action segments at the start and end of each show.

jko

Rydias said:
It's hard to consider it as part of the movies, except that Christopher Lloyd did the voice of Doc and actually had short live-action segments at the start and end of each show.
was it ....entertaining?? :lol

Top Bottom