• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the future(Telltale game) Behind the scenes Look.

NewFresh

agreebyrd.gif

Looking good

Darklord

Banned
DAMN that Marty voice is excellent! At 1:37 when he says "What the hells a gigawatt?" he even does Marty's mannerism.

Reeeeeally good sound-alike! Stroke of luck.

Probably haven't anticipated a game that much since Twilight Princess...

markatisu

Holy shit AJ nailed Micheals voice :lol

Was already hyped but now its on overload
Ninja Scooter said:
any word yet on platforms? I hope it's released on PS3 in some capacity, I don't think my iMac is up to the job.

I thought it was going to be on all the platforms, PSN/XBL/Wii/PC/Mac

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

Dan Yo

Banned
Too bad about MJF. Would be cool if they could get him to record half or even a quarter of Marty's dialogue and have the other guy handle the rest. Just having him in it, even in a limited capacity, would likely help this game's sales tremendously.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Dan Yo said:
Too bad about MJF. Would be cool if they could get him to record half or even a quarter of Marty's dialogue and have the other guy handle the rest. Just having him in it, even in a limited capacity, would likely help this game's sales tremendously.
Eh, if you put them right up against each other, any imperfections in the soundalike would be embellished.

Plus, MJF is like 50 now. He doesn't necessarily sound like his 20-something self anymore.

Is it wrong to think that the guy playing Marty sounds more accurate than Lloyd's Doc? maybe it was just that one clip that sounded like it was lacking energy.

still pretty excited. I remember a survey a while back about the story and I wonder if what they mentioned hints about one of them.

Ninja Scooter said:
any word yet on platforms? I hope it's released on PS3 in some capacity, I don't think my iMac is up to the job.

it's probably going to be on everything including the ipad

though, I wouldn't worry about it not running on an imac or non-gaming computer.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I need this now! Guy voicing Marty sounds great.

markatisu

Dan Yo said:

This game will not need MJF to reprise his role to sell, he signed off on his likeness and most people won't be able to tell the difference unless they specifically look at the credits

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Linkzg said:
Is it wrong to think that the guy playing Marty sounds more accurate than Lloyd's Doc?
well, Lloyd's old, and I doubt that despite everybody saying "it was like riding a bike!" that it's not really that easy. if they did get Michael J Fox, he would also sound a little too old for the part. thank god they found that other guy, and good for him for getting a big break like that.

WillyFive

Shig said:
Eh, if you put them right up against each other, any imperfections in the soundalike would be embellished.

Plus, MJF is like 50 now. He doesn't necessarily sound like his 20-something self anymore.

I thought he sounded just like he did before in the Scream awards, although I guess the difference would be bigger if it was placed on a younger version of Marty onscreen.

if there is some kind of "adult Marty" anywhere in the storyline, It'd be cool if they got Fox for that, but otherwise I don't mind the new guy at all. He sounds great. Coupled with the more cartoony artstyle he will be perfect.

markatisu

Ninja Scooter said:
if there is some kind of "adult Marty" anywhere in the storyline, It'd be cool if they got Fox for that, but otherwise I don't mind the new guy at all. He sounds great. Coupled with the more cartoony artstyle he will be perfect.

Back to the Future II had Adult Marty

Micheal J Fox doing the voice over would turn this from a "waiting until bargin bin" to "full priced purchase" for me. I just can't say no to my childhood hero like that.

WillyFive

Ninja Scooter said:
i mean in the game. Does the game just mimic the trilogy plotline?

From the videos, it seems to take place after the last movie ended. It did say 'after Doc left, and Marty was alone'. I doubt it takes place in between BTTF 2 and 3.

ElRenoRaven

Willy105 said:
From the videos, it seems to take place after the last movie ended. It did say 'after Doc left, and Marty was alone'. I doubt it takes place in between BTTF 2 and 3.

Yup it's been revealed that it takes place after BTTF 3.

markatisu

Ninja Scooter said:
i mean in the game. Does the game just mimic the trilogy plotline?

Watch the first video with Lloyd, he says it takes place after III. its all new material, basically BTTF IV

I assume by the fact they're using Silvestri's score in these videos they have the rights to use that in the game as well.

So awesome.

stupei

Didn't know I could be more excited for this game.

And yet.

This timing is specifically intended to make us buy the trilogy blu ray when it comes out on Tuesday, right? Because I'm pretty sure it's working...

markatisu

faceless007 said:
I assume by the fact they're using Silvestri's score in these videos they have the rights to use that in the game as well.

So awesome.

I am pretty sure they got all the rights for everything in the BTTF universe. Universal made a pretty big deal about this game in their financial press release last week

Top Bottom