• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bad Boys 3 is in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Its been "in development" since forever, and I'm pretty sure Martin Lawrence is the one that always says its happening. It's like True Lies 2 and Tom Arnold.

Excited for it. I missed seeing Martin Lawrence on the big screen hopefully this would be his come back in some way or form.

tumblr_lvss717YkK1qhb9ivo1_500.gif

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://collider.com/bad-boys-3-release-date-title/

While the studio signed The Grey, The A-Team, and Smokin’ Aces filmmaker Joe Carnahan to write and direct, filming on Bad Boys 3 has yet to begin and, as such, one imagines that June 2017 release date was just too tight a squeeze.

As a result, the sequel—which will see Will Smith and Martin Lawrence reprising their roles—has now been pushed to January 12, 2018 and has been given a new title: Bad Boys for Life.

Presumably they're opening it in January because they are going to open it in a dozen or so theatres in December to qualify for the Oscars a'la American Sniper.

..., seriously though, opening Bad Boys 3 in the middle of January????

It should have the area to itself, for the most part. Biggest competition would probably be week 3/4 of Episode 8, plus it's probably MLK Day weekend (so 4 day weekend).

Wasn't there interview recently where Will Smith said he wanted to be more selective about the roles he takes and wanted to be taken more seriously as an actor. Don't Suicide Squad and, now this, completely fly in the face of that?

Wasn't there interview recently where Will Smith said he wanted to be more selective about the roles he takes and wanted to be taken more seriously as an actor. Don't Suicide Squad and, now this, completely fly in the face of that?
After some dissapointing box office results his agent probably told him he needs to gain some more mainstream attention.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm a sucker for Will Smith and Martin Lawrence's chemistry, so I'm down with Bad Boys 3. My real issue with Bad Boys 2 is "Michael Bay Sequel Bloat." That guy cannot do a sequel with a reasonable running time. If Bad Boys 2 had shaved about 30-40 minutes off of its screen time, it'd have been a much better film. Some of the "banter" felt forced too, like they didn't let Will and Martin just play off of each other, which is what made the sequel work so well and still hold up today, even when Bad Boys 1 is low budget and cheap as fuck. Now I want to re-watch the original...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom