• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bad news Xbox NCAA football 2005 fans: PS2 version has no slowdown.

i just saw a couple videos from IGN Insider. they are hi-res for playstation 2... there is no slowdown on running plays. it looks and moves very smoothly. i can only hope the final xbox version will match this...

COME ON EA! GIVE ME A BREAK DUDE!

shpankey

not an idiot
How's that bad news? That's good news for PS2 users. ;)

I do hope they can fix the slowdown that was at e3 on the Xbox version for us Xbox users though. :)

its bad news for xbox users because i couldn't really tell from looking at the latest videos whether the new build was "slowing down". but after watching the ps2 version, it is clear that it was.

i'm reviewing these NCAA Full game files on xbox from IGN... its weird because on running plays it looks slower than ps2, but on passing plays it is the same speed. wtf...

Norse

Havent they always said that the ps2 version is further along in developement? Could be the reason...another reason may be the xbox version is using more frames of animation. We wont know till the final reviews come out.

shpankey

not an idiot
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm reviewing these NCAA Full game files on xbox from IGN... its weird because on running plays it looks slower than ps2, but on passing plays it is the same speed. wtf...

Link us up an example.

Ashitaka

Norse said:
Havent they always said that the ps2 version is further along in developement? Could be the reason...another reason may be the xbox version is using more frames of animation. We wont know till the final reviews come out.

Final reviews have already started coming out. I don't they're going to be able to clean all that up in time to release next month.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am going to wait until the game is in stores. We have no idea what build IGN is using for the vids.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
IGN put up their first NCAA hands-on pretty soon after E3, so they probably had the E3 builds.

Ramirez

Hell,just get the PS2 version :p The graphical differences can't be that big,plus the Xbox controller sucks for this game,IMO...come on back to the PS2 and get your beatings from me!! :D

i would get the ps2 version, and i may if this turns out to be legit, but i hate to do that because of the slow loading/sim times and also the memory issue (my memory card is pretty full as it is). you're right though, the graphics aren't much different at all. why would EA do this...

Norse

ok, I watch a few of the videos and then went and watched these 16:9 videos of ps2 and xbox.

You can see a difference in the run game, however...when watching the xbox video, look at the last kickoff return and see how the return man puts on the burners when he turns the corner.

http://insider.ign.com/videos/articles/525/525570p1.html

Now, is this slow down we are seeing in the xbox version, or are we just seeing programmers trying to mimic momentum? I think they just didnt get the animation right for when a runner is just starting off. I will agree that you can see a difference though.

that last kickoff return in the xbox version looks great when he turns the corner and turns on the jets..pretty realistic looking.

Top Bottom