• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 5 Adds New Playable Epilogue With 3,589 Lines of Extra Dialogue, Much More. Game Now Requires 130GB.

Draugoth

Gold Member
header.jpg

Larian has released Baldur’s Gate 3’s hotly anticipated Patch 5, which adds loads of new content to the sprawling Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game.

Patch 5 fixes slowdown issues caused by Patch 4, adds a brand-new epilogue providing closure to each player’s journey, and even new game modes.

The new playable epilogue gameplay, accessible to all players loading the game prior to the final fight, takes place before the credits. Players find themselves in camp, six months after the events of Baldur’s Gate 3’s story, where they “meet new friends and old, taking all the time they need to say their final goodbyes to the party.”

Larian called this epilogue a “final goodbye”. “For the writers of Larian, this ‘final goodbye’ has been some of the most complex writing in the game so far, as it takes advantage of the game’s reactivity across the entire adventure,” the developer said. “A gigantic tree of permutations defines the content, with new writing (3,589 lines to be exact), cinematics, and even characters joining the get-together at camp, organized by Withers.”

You can see the full list of changes here since it's too big for Neogaf

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Act 3 is fine since months btw
I've plenty of other and way smaller games to play and finish. I'll get back to BG3 eventually to finish it and start 2nd playthrough - I'll be playing better version of the game by then so that's also something to look forward to. There's no rush, it's already my GOTY of this year and nothing will beat it.

xVodevil

Good stuff!
Just got back to it yesterday to continue my temporarily abandoned play trough after 3 months (too many distractions released starting with Starfield.. :messenger_grinning_sweat:), just about to finish Act 1 so perfect timing!
Great job Larian, time to go for GOTY and all the glory!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Awesome, got the epilogues for 3 playthroughs to watch.

Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

I just hope the modders haven't quit yet. I'm just about to ACT 3(again) and I was hopeful that no more patches would break the mods, which definitely wasn't the case with the last patch. I just don't have enough time to devote to playing quick enough to keep up with the updates! What an amazing game.

Doom85

Final goodbye? So I guess no expansions to get the characters to level 20 down the road?

It would be very difficult to make a video game campaign work up to Level 20 without drastically nerfing some of the classes to my understanding. Keep in mind, a good deal of DMs struggle with running campaigns with Level 15+ players, and all official 5E pre written campaign books have only gone up to Level 13 IIRC.

When spells are just basically altering reality or even just having a wish granted, I can see why Larian opted not to go that far.

I mean, at level 12, your characters are ridiculously powerful as is. If we compared it to say Revenge of the Sith: Yoda, Mace Windu, and Palpatine would all roughly be around Level 16-20, but Obi-Wan being around Level 12 sounds about right. Not quite god level by the series rough power scale, but still very strong and very few people will want to duke it out with him if given the option if they know what he’s capable of.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It would be very difficult to make a video game campaign work up to Level 20 without drastically nerfing some of the classes to my understanding. Keep in mind, a good deal of DMs struggle with running campaigns with Level 15+ players, and all official 5E pre written campaign books have only gone up to Level 13 IIRC.

When spells are just basically altering reality or even just having a wish granted, I can see why Larian opted not to go that far.

I mean, at level 12, your characters are ridiculously powerful as is. If we compared it to say Revenge of the Sith: Yoda, Mace Windu, and Palpatine would all roughly be around Level 16-20, but Obi-Wan being around Level 12 sounds about right. Not quite god level by the series rough power scale, but still very strong and very few people will want to duke it out with him if given the option if they know what he’s capable of.
Yeah, I'm aware of the balance issues in 5e above Level 10 pretty much. I just figured they'd try to find some way around it.

Poplin

does it finally let you hide the username tags on the top left of the screen in local co op? covers the mini map and notification, makes it really rough to play if you're on the left side of the screen.

These 3 are big for me.
  • Two new play modes: Honour Mode and Custom Mode.
  • While at camp, you can now access and manage the inventories of companions who aren't in your active party.
That constantly swapping people in and out of party to get to their inventory was getting annoying
  • Minthara will still appear at Moonrise Towers if she was knocked out in Act I
I missed recruiting her because I didn't go for the evil path in Act1. Now we can recruit her without going down the evil path.

Top Bottom