• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ballpoint Universe - Creativity beating Logic in a GORGEOUS shmup

Nevermind, was able to defeat Capital City with just 3 stars (and then 4 stars with the shotgun). There are no health pickups like previous levels. It's actually one of the harder levels, do the other stuff like the next stage where you can get Gold on Treetop because of the piss easy "boss". You then get the Shotgun from there which is super useful.

Sargent Boot
ib0dLNVl6SSvjv.gif

Scholar
imiakqJsA6wR1.jpg

Shotgun
iF47ZrHXBOcq5.gif

lol

Strategy: If you've got a nice HP Tri, you can soak a bit of damage if you're not too focused on getting the Overload. And you can get hit while using Overload. Also, when the police come and they're too much, just do a semicircle towards the right on the bottom to make them chase you in an arc, they'll then come slower so it's more manageable.

The game does some brilliant stuff with the foreground/background layer stuff that was only hinted at in previous games like Shadow Complex, Rayman Origins, etc. You'll see some little dude way in the back, only to realise going in 2 layers deep that he's an NPC to interact with.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Nevermind, was able to defeat Capital City with just 3 stars (and then 4 stars with the shotgun). There are no health pickups like previous levels. It's actually one of the harder levels, do the other stuff like the next stage where you can get Gold on Treetop because of the piss easy "boss". You then get the Shotgun from there which is super useful.

Sargent Boot
ib0dLNVl6SSvjv.gif

Scholar
imiakqJsA6wR1.jpg

Shotgun
iF47ZrHXBOcq5.gif

lol

Strategy: If you've got a nice HP Tri, you can soak a bit of damage if you're not too focused on getting the Overload. And you can get hit while using Overload. Also, when the police come and they're too much, just do a semicircle towards the right on the bottom to make them chase you in an arc, they'll then come slower so it's more manageable.

The game does some brilliant stuff with the foreground/background layer stuff that was only hinted at in previous games like Shadow Complex, Rayman Origins, etc. You'll see some little dude way in the back, only to realise going in 2 layers deep that he's an NPC to interact with.

Good thing you like it :) Hopefully more people try it and get to actually see the art in game

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'd buy it but the paypal link on his site leads to a paypal nitification that his account needs to be verified.

Not a good look. I'll pop back in a few days as i can't be bothered creating a Desura account at the moment.

And his reply:

Marci,

I had no idea! Paypal doesn't notify me of things like this when people try. I'll get that fixed right away. Read through the thread, this is great stuff! Thanks for showing the game around. :D

I'll post some updates what we're working on right now in the thread.

Thanks,
-Leo

arachnid_leo

Neo Member
Hey all!

Dev from Ballpoint Universe here. I was the lead artist / concept guy. We enjoyed reading through this thread over at the office. :)

There's many parts of the games that are unbalanced or could be pushed more, but we're a 3 man team so testing and such was really limited. We're working on an extended version of the game with optimized graphics and infinite mode now! The infinite mode will be free to play on our website. I'll post details when it's up.

Since I feel that I'd be cheating you if I didn't leave you with some artwork, here's this.
FW1Pafn.jpg

M9cImCJ.jpg

Thanks for playing the game! We will be posting updates to our facebook page.

MrValtor

Banned
A person from the team behind the game told me on youtube that a October release for the Wii U eshop is almost asured. 95%

Toma

Hey all!

Dev from Ballpoint Universe here. I was the lead artist / concept guy. We enjoyed reading through this thread over at the office. :)

There's many parts of the games that are unbalanced or could be pushed more, but we're a 3 man team so testing and such was really limited. We're working on an extended version of the game with optimized graphics and infinite mode now! The infinite mode will be free to play on our website. I'll post details when it's up.

Since I feel that I'd be cheating you if I didn't leave you with some artwork, here's this.
FW1Pafn.jpg

M9cImCJ.jpg

Thanks for playing the game! We will be posting updates to our facebook page.

Thanks for reading the thread ;)

Current versions will be updated to extended versions I guess? Wouldnt want to play the website version if I own the normal one.

I absolutely ADORE your artwork, fantastic job guys. Considering its actually a "creative" industry, its quite a shame that the gaming industry is in sore need of more creative and different art styles. Gorgeous, gorgeous game.

Top Bottom