• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco: 30 games in development for Wii, 10 for PS3/360

Bandai Namco spricht über zukünftige Projekte

11.11.06 - Shin Unozawa, Vice President und Representative Director von Bandai Namco, hat auf einer Pressekonferenz über die kürzlich vorgestellten Geschäftsergebnisse gesprochen. Dabei hat er auch die Anzahl von Spielen genannt, die sich für verschiedene Konsolen in Arbeit befinden:

Wii: 30 Spiele
PS3/Xbox 360: 10 Spiele

Gamefront.de

Wow. Even seeing Bandai's huge output of shitty games that's a lot.

Striek

What? Any lists, because I have a hard time remembering 30 Wii games period. Thats ****ing nuts. Thats a huge coup IMO.

And is that 10 between the X360 and PS3? :| Because most of their games I can remember are exclusive to the platforms.

I guess this means Wii will get 30 crappy, low budget games and X360/PS3 will get all the good stuff.

Prove me wrong, Bandai Namco, prove me wrong... Please. :(

Well, so far there are announced:

Digimon
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Ennichi no Tatsujin
Final Furlong
SD Gundam G Breaker
Namco Bandai Action game [untitled]
Namco New RPG [untitled]
Namco Wii Project [untitled]
Pac-Man Carnival
Sword of Legendia
Tamagotchi's Sparkling President
Xevious (Virtual Console)

Maybe some of those 30 are VC retro games?

More Bandai Namco sabotage, or have Nintendo excerted influence through their microscopic amount or stock in the company?

I have one of the 30 games is a Tales of the Abyss port. It would at least sell better in the US.

Should have Virtual Console games...I don't think there are more tan 10 known games from them for Wii.

But 10 for PS3/360 counting Arcade titles if they do...seem too little.

Amir0x

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
Well, so far there are announced:

Digimon
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Ennichi no Tatsujin
Final Furlong
SD Gundam G Breaker
Namco Bandai Action game [untitled]
Namco New RPG [untitled]
Namco Wii Project [untitled]
Pac-Man Carnival
Sword of Legendia
Tamagotchi's Sparkling President
Xevious (Virtual Console)

Maybe some of those 30 are VC retro games?

If they count Virtual Console games, then it's not a big number. If they don't, then it's a bit more interesting. Although this list is shitty total, those unannounced games (or the untitled ones up there) COULD be interesting if they're from Namco's classic franchise stable or maybe something legitimately interesting that's new... and not, like about horses or Gundam. Or named "Tales of ______."

Elios83

It really depends on which games are in development.
Wii is definetly a paradise for lazy developers with small budgets.

Rlan

Pac Man
Ms. Pac Man
Dig Dug
Pole Position
Pac Attack
Pac Mania
Pac Man 2: The new Adventures
Pac in Time

Would anyone be surprised?

Booser

Ridge Racer hopefully, Namco have already done the "tilt to steer" thing so it wouldnt be much of a stretch.

Time Crisis would be so perfectly awesome it obviously wont happen.

Elios83

Anyway talking about Namco I'd really like to know what's happening to their fighting franchises, Tekken and Soul Calibur....

Elios83 said:
Anyway talking about Namco I'd really like to know what's happening to their fighting franchises, Tekken and Soul Calibur....

An upgraded Soul Calibur 3 port for Wii and Soul Calibur 4 for PS3/360? At least a new one was confirmed.

ram

Guns N' Poops said:
An upgraded Soul Calibur 3 port for Wii and Soul Calibur 4 for PS3/360? At least a new one was confirmed.

why should they do this? i mean, the d-pad on the wiimote is shit and i dont think you can produce a good BeU with motion controls alone.

Lee N

Membre
McBacon said:
40 titles? Ones gotta be Katamari, ITS GOTTA
.. or three

I wish they would just put that series to rest though. Not that I don't like Katamari Damashii, but some games are better off without sequels.

Foil

Striek said:
What? Any lists, because I have a hard time remembering 30 Wii games period. Thats ****ing nuts. Thats a huge coup IMO.

And is that 10 between the X360 and PS3? :| Because most of their games I can remember are exclusive to the platforms.

Show me 30 worthwhile games they make. I can't even think of more than a handfull, and none come from the Bandai side.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
You guys are so negative.

ram said:
why should they do this? i mean, the d-pad on the wiimote is shit and i dont think you can produce a good BeU with motion controls alone.
Why not? Swing left - right - left instead of press a - b - a. For a game like sould calibur where you don't have to trigger the buttons quickly but rather in rythm, that seems fine.

Actually I think soul calibur would feel reall good on wii. Move around with analogue stick, swing horizontal, vertical, duck with z1, block with z2 or something.

Striek said:

WHAT ?!?? (II). Some Tales of Please !!!

Busty

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
the 30 wii games are from the Bandai part while 5 of the PS3/X360 games are by Namco

Perhaps not those exact numbers, but I think you're onto something there. I've heard for a while that NAMCO were suffering a 'brain drain' and that they were struggling with 'next gen'.

I still have high hopes for Tekken 6 though. Talking of Bandai and the 360. Wouldn't be ironic if the 360 Gundam title turned out to be the best despite being treated with disdain by everyone at the company.

That is all.

Wow, the anti-wii vibe is strong in here.......if the x games for wii is bigger than y games for 360/ps3, then its: bad for the industry or sucks or these companies are now by default bad.......:lol :lol

Bluemercury said:
Wow, the anti-wii vibe is strong in here.......if the x games for wii is bigger than y games for 360/ps3, then its: bad for the industry or sucks or these companies are now by default bad.......:lol :lol

Namco's been struggling to retain gamer interest for a while now... this isn't some big turnabout.

ethelred

That is definitely quite a big disparity.

I wonder... I imagine this is including Monolith Soft's games, even though Nintendo seems to be publishing them now. They're still a Namco Bandai studio. So that would incorporate the few games they're developing as well.

Anyway, quite a disparity. Disaster and Sword of Legendia are the only two I find even remotely interesting at the moment, though, so hopefully they're seriously upping the quality on the rest of these.

What's more interesting about this is that, if this excludes Virtual Console games, it could indicate that Namco Bandai believes Wii will win in Japan and intends to make the platform its primary development home... and that could indicate that we'll also shortly see a shift to the system from much smaller publishers and independent developers.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
The diference is astonishig. I hope that from the 30 games those aren't 25 VC...

If not, then this is a good sign of the Wii health.

ethelred

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I can see them porting alot of upcoming or recently released PS2 titles to help make that number.

I don't see how you get to 30 just on ports -- especially considering how many new, original games they've already announced.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
At most 1. Most likely 0.
Did you take some pills to deduce this or does Bandai Namco have a direct feed to your brain?

ethelred

Error2k4 said:
I hope one of those is Baten Kaitos 3

It's not -- Monolith Soft already mentioned that. They are working on a couple other RPGs, though, so it'll be neat to see something new again, and hopefully have tri-Crescendo involved.

arhra

Why not? Swing left - right - left instead of press a - b - a. For a game like sould calibur where you don't have to trigger the buttons quickly but rather in rythm, that seems fine.

Actually I think soul calibur would feel reall good on wii. Move around with analogue stick, swing horizontal, vertical, duck with z1, block with z2 or something.
You could basically do that with soul calibur on the DC - it supported the fishing rod controller that was meant for Sega Bass Fishing, which had basic motion-sensing functionality (iirc, you could swing horizontal/vertical, and everything else was handled by the stick and buttons on the rod).

It was kinda crappy and imprecise, though (although partly because you were playing a fighting game with a sodding fishing rod...)

edit: found a (very) crappy youtube video of it in action.

Top Bottom