• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco announces full-body athletics game Family Trainer for Switch

Bullet Club

Bamco want to get your ring fit too.

Bandai Namco announces full-body athletics game Family Trainer for Switch

Due out on December 17 in Japan.

1vRLelY.jpg

Publisher Bandai Namco and developer h.a.n.d. have announced full-body athletics game Family Trainer for Switch. It will launch on December 17 in Japan for 4,980 yen at retail (includes leg strap accessory) and 3,980 yen via download (game software only).

Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:

Run! Swing! Jump! Family Trainer, the home exercise athletics game where you play using your whole body, is making its debut on Switch!
No difficult operations required. Attach the Joy-Con to your leg with the leg strap accessory, then run, jump, and move your body as much as possible in 15 mini-games, including:
There are also various training modes such as “Overcome Inactivity Mode” and “Five Minutes a Day Quick Training.”
If you have two sets of Joy-Cons and two leg strap, you can also compete or cooperate with a friend or family member in “Play Together” mode.

The Bandai Namco-published Family Trainer series debuted on Wii in May 2008. It has seen the following entries thus far:
  • May 2008Family Trainer (Japan) / Family Trainer: Athletic World (Europe) / Active Life: Outdoor Challenge (North America)
  • August 2009Family Trainer 2 (Japan) / Family Trainer: Extreme Challenge (Europe) / Active Life: Extreme Challenge (North America)
  • October 2010Minna de Bouken! Family Trainer (Japan) / Family Trainer: Treasure Adventure (Europe) / Active Life: Explorer (North America)
Watch the announcement trailer and a 15-second TV commercial below. Visit the official website here.

Source: Gematsu

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'd kill for another Wii Sports Resort. The tiny clips of this don't look too great so far, but I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

Top Bottom